Virtual 3rd gym

Mikhail97

How  the fuck do you beat Whitney if you chose a Water starter?

You start with Croconaw, vs Clefairy. Water Pulse sometimes does not 2HKO it, and you end up with a soft boiled stalling Clefairy.

Then oh boy. Oh boy. The second mon that comes out is the dreaded Miltank. Nothing in my team deals more than 30% damage, and it sure as shit does not get weaker, Intimidate/Leer or not. Stomp, Stomp, flinch, flinch, crit through the Intimidate. Even if it is weak, it switches out to Wigglytuff for the stat reset. Wigglytuff sure as hell isn't less tanky than Miltank. I've played the Fire starter route, and it was easy, due to being handed ways to toxic the tanks. Here, I am handed a spoon and the game instructed me to start carving Mount Rushmore.

I've burned through 3 revives, 2 super potion and a X Atk vs a Burned Miltank. It critted and killed me. This is fucking inhumane.

If I am stuck with Whitney in the original, I do not bring 3 mons that are lower level than the Miltank, so why now? This is borderline inhumane. I am also trying to clear my mind by trying to find Zangoose, but I legit have sat down for 3 hours and not a wisp of Zangoose is found. I played for 7 hours and I am still stuck between these two sidequests. Finding Ledyba and Zangoose is truly the low point of me playing this lovely game. I even enjoyed old Keckleon dungeon more than this.

Bless you for making this game, as I started another run right after I finished my 1st run. Jan, I know you said your favourite Pokemon is the 2nd gen, which makes me understand you've been beaten insane and now you've developed Stockholm syndrome towards that gen, but you didn't need to inflict your pain on everyone, man. I know the fire starter run is piss easy, like Cyndaquil in HGSS, but come on. I've never been destroyed this hard for picking Totodile. Even the dead useless Chikorita/Meganium had been the better choice for the virtual gym.

Gen 2 is notorious for babying the player with weak gyms, but the only baby here is me. This gym truly had beaten any dignity out of me. I wanted to do an itemless battle run, but even with items this still seemed impossible.

I forget don't you have Onix if you pick Totodile? I just remember taking out Clefairy with Crocnaw/Growlithe and then using Onix to use a few curse's against Miltank (whilst healing with potions) and you can take Miltank and Wigglytuff down with Rock Tomb

57 minutes ago, Samurai said:

I forget don't you have Onix if you pick Totodile? I just remember taking out Clefairy with Crocnaw/Growlithe and then using Onix to use a few curse's against Miltank (whilst healing with potions) and you can take Miltank and Wigglytuff down with Rock Tomb

I had growlithe, crocanaw and phanphy, i dont know if it switched since v12, i had a lot of trouble with this also and i wasn't wating revives on a virtual gym so i kind of just gorgot about it. If it switched to onix that would make it easier 

1 hour ago, darkwaters33 said:

I had growlithe, crocanaw and phanphy, i dont know if it switched since v12, i had a lot of trouble with this also and i wasn't wating revives on a virtual gym so i kind of just gorgot about it. If it switched to onix that would make it easier 

Ah, maybe starting with Cyndaquil is when you have Onix then... Maybe try using a rollout with Phanphy? But yeah I agree these battles can be tough, I remember wasting my X items on them