TRAINING PROPERLY

Lorane

Heyyy guyzz

So i havent played reborn in a loooong time, before it was easy(comparatively) now its VERY hard. Being the shitty trainer i am, not one of my pokemon is well trained and so i was thinking: could ANYONE give me a complete training guide(like how to train etc etc i know im pathetic), reborn style? Im currently at Adrienn and i want my team to be future strong.

Edited by Lorane2234

If you're talking about EV training you could always buy one of the stat increasing items in the Department Store (Power Anklet, Power Lens, Ect.) and use the Woobats underneath the bridge to increase both the chosen stat and the speed EV-it's what I've been doing during this particular run that I've never done before and it's helped a lot. If you're talking level wise you could try the trainers that are found inside of the Grand Hall.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, enCRYPTion5461 said:

If you're talking about EV training you could always buy one of the stat increasing items in the Department Store (Power Anklet, Power Lens, Ect.) and use the Woobats underneath the bridge to increase both the chosen stat and the speed EV-it's what I've been doing during this particular run that I've never done before and it's helped a lot. If you're talking level wise you could try the trainers that are found inside of the Grand Hall.

OhMygGawd Thank You!!!

As for other evs is there a particular guide or something?

Also shud i train all my pokemon from the start by resetting their evs? As i didnt pay much to attention to it earlier... also shud i breed my pokemon?

You can change your date in your computer settings to fight specific trainers in the Grand Hall. These trainers rotate every weekday, so if your current team matches up well against the Thursday one, change your time to then every time you need to train.

• Like 1

The most important points of EV training are that 1) a Pokémon can only collect at most 510 EV total and 2) each stat can only have 252 EV at most. These two restrictions mean that you can max only two stats of a Pokémon with a handful of leftover points to spare.

For general competitive Pokémon there's a ton of considerations to give your Pokémon the exact right EVs to be able to survive certain attacks or be faster than certain other Pokémon, but a lot of that doesn't really apply in Reborn due to Field Effects and whatnot. Your best bet would be to just identify the two most important stats of the Pokémon you want to train and then find some place were you can do that quickly using the various "Power" held Items. For fast attackers there's the aforementioned Woobats and for 'Mons that want HP there's Grimer fishing early on or wild Gulpin/A-Grimer in the WTC post-Agate. To my knowledge there's no other spot in the game where you can get encounters giving only one specific kind of EV as quickly as these two.

Retraining EV for your old Pokémon should certainly boost their performance, but it can be rather costly to get rid of the unwanted EVs so you'll have to decide for yourself if it's neccessary/worth it.

Breeding is usually mostly done to get perfect IV, but those have a lesser impact compared to EV; for the most part resetting encounters or catching several wild Pokémon until you get one with "decent" IV (for me personally 20+ in all the stats it needs) will do fine. Breeding perfect IV gets more involved the more perfect stats you want, although for just one or two stats it can be very quick if you already have the right breeding tools ready (i.e. compatible parents with perfect IV in one of those stats and the "Power" items to guarantee passing those on).

Breeding for Egg Moves is another matter, but Move Tutors can let you skip that in a lot of cases.

2 hours ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

The most important points of EV training are that 1) a Pokémon can only collect at most 510 EV total and 2) each stat can only have 252 EV at most. These two restrictions mean that you can max only two stats of a Pokémon with a handful of leftover points to spare.

For general competitive Pokémon there's a ton of considerations to give your Pokémon the exact right EVs to be able to survive certain attacks or be faster than certain other Pokémon, but a lot of that doesn't really apply in Reborn due to Field Effects and whatnot. Your best bet would be to just identify the two most important stats of the Pokémon you want to train and then find some place were you can do that quickly using the various "Power" held Items. For fast attackers there's the aforementioned Woobats and for 'Mons that want HP there's Grimer fishing early on or wild Gulpin/A-Grimer in the WTC post-Agate. To my knowledge there's no other spot in the game where you can get encounters giving only one specific kind of EV as quickly as these two.

Retraining EV for your old Pokémon should certainly boost their performance, but it can be rather costly to get rid of the unwanted EVs so you'll have to decide for yourself if it's neccessary/worth it.

Breeding is usually mostly done to get perfect IV, but those have a lesser impact compared to EV; for the most part resetting encounters or catching several wild Pokémon until you get one with "decent" IV (for me personally 20+ in all the stats it needs) will do fine. Breeding perfect IV gets more involved the more perfect stats you want, although for just one or two stats it can be very quick if you already have the right breeding tools ready (i.e. compatible parents with perfect IV in one of those stats and the "Power" items to guarantee passing those on).

Breeding for Egg Moves is another matter, but Move Tutors can let you skip that in a lot of cases.

Bouffalant on route 1 is good for attack

Geodude/ Graveler in caves is good for defense

Tentacool is good for Spdef

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Whales said:

You can change your date in your computer settings to fight specific trainers in the Grand Hall. These trainers rotate every weekday, so if your current team matches up well against the Thursday one, change your time to then every time you need to train.

Hadn't thought of that, i read somewhere that the weather stops whenever you mess with the date/time, but will try that for suree!

12 hours ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

OHHMYGAWD

Thanks for listing ev and iv training here, i really hadn't thought of that hehehee

So basically ivs are not THAT important riiight? So why do people always want a 'perfect' pokè?

7 hours ago, Lorane2234 said:

So basically ivs are not THAT important riiight? So why do people always want a 'perfect' pokè?

IVs certainly aren't too important, but you'll fall behind all leaders Charlotte and onwards Speed-wise. Unless it's a mon specifically for Trick Room or you want a particular Hidden Power type there's no reason not to have high IVs. Speed is the most important of the bunch. Breeding could be useful if you have your eye on specific Egg Moves. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lorane2234 said:

So why do people always want a 'perfect' pokè?

People look after it when playing competitively. A minimun difference in this kind of matches can be game changing. If you want to have an easy time on Reborn, you should consider doing it.

IV breeding and EV training take a handful of time, but really pays off. I've been collecting some info about it in the forum for a while, here it goes:

For EV training, there are interesting spots for maximize it, they are shown in the first link. The next link is for knowing which EV each pokemon holds. One thing that helps in EV training, besides the power itens, is spreading the Pokérus on your mons.

For IV breeding, there are lots to consider, given it takes a lot of effort. I made a guide while back that should be useful to get some information, it's on the first link, also, there are breeding chains for certain mons to get different egg moves, these chains are shown on the second link. There is a mod for reborn that speeds a lot the process, I'll have it linked too:

Spoiler

That's it, I think you'll have plenty of information to train your mons better. Also, if you don't want to spend too much time on it, you can ask here on the fórum, people are always eager to help, myself included. Just ask, I have plenty of mons to trade, maybe I have your likings 😛

See ya~

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cadmium48 said:

IVs certainly aren't too important, but you'll fall behind all leaders Charlotte and onwards Speed-wise. Unless it's a mon specifically for Trick Room or you want a particular Hidden Power type there's no reason not to have high IVs. Speed is the most important of the bunch. Breeding could be useful if you have your eye on specific Egg Moves. 

Riiight....

I was thinking About breeding my Primarina becuz its has 0 ivs in the speed stat. Will it be useful?

3 hours ago, Trufa said:

People look after it when playing competitively. A minimun difference in this kind of matches can be game changing. If you want to have an easy time on Reborn, you should consider doing it.

IV breeding and EV training take a handful of time, but really pays off. I've been collecting some info about it in the forum for a while, here it goes:

For EV training, there are interesting spots for maximize it, they are shown in the first link. The next link is for knowing which EV each pokemon holds. One thing that helps in EV training, besides the power itens, is spreading the Pokérus on your mons.

Reveal hidden contents

For IV breeding, there are lots to consider, given it takes a lot of effort. I made a guide while back that should be useful to get some information, it's on the first link, also, there are breeding chains for certain mons to get different egg moves, these chains are shown on the second link. There is a mod for reborn that speeds a lot the process, I'll have it linked too:

Reveal hidden contents

That's it, I think you'll have plenty of information to train your mons better. Also, if you don't want to spend too much time on it, you can ask here on the fórum, people are always eager to help, myself included. Just ask, I have plenty of mons to trade, maybe I have your likings 😛

See ya~

Ooooh well

MOD HERE I COME😂

Yeah.....i have never EVER traded before and have no experience doing so, but i'll contact you for sure later on when im near Amaria😜