Question/Request Regarding Weather and Sticker Event

Arkadius

Hey everyone,

I was discussing the Reborn Speedrun route with @bloo123  

Earlier in practice I came across a significant problem in the speedrun route. It has to do with the Stickers we collect during the run and the weather patterns. 

If someone could explain the weather patterns in more detail that would be great. From my understanding the weather patterns shift every 8 hours. Is this from 00:00 - 7:59, 8:00 - 15:59 and 16:00 - 23:59?

I also understand that the weather patterns vary for different regions. If it's clear in Reborn City, it can be raining in Spinel Town, snowing in Ametrine and hailing in Agate City. 

This is where the problem arises. 

In the speedrun, we pick up 6 stickers in order to gain access to the 8th floor and buy X-items. The time investment to get the stickers is definitely worth it as the x items make later fights much much better. 

The stickers we pick up are:

1. Jasper ward girl

2. Apophyl Academy tv girl

3. Lost guy in underground railnet

4. Injured teleported woman from spinel town in Chrysolia Forest

5. Agate city ice cream/pokedoll/air ballon boy

6. Ametrine city MissingNo 

The issue lies with the 4th sticker: the injured woman Chrysolia Forest. She is in need of medicine, which we give her after beating Serra and collecting the medicine that's meant for Anna. Afterwards she goes back home in Spinel Town and waits outside  before the pokecenter. You can talk to her later and collect the sticker. But if it's raining, she will not appear. This is a huge issue as you cannot collect the sticker and you cannot change or manipulate or influence the weather without breaking the speedrun rules. (you'd have to mod the weather using mods, cheat, set your PC time or date differently, all of which is banned)

I have had this happen in practise once and now Bloo123 also had it happen. 

We are wondering if this could be fixed. We were thinking maybe the women can be moved to the pokecenter if it's raining or altogether so you can collect the sticker at anytime. The weather doesn't seem to play any part in this event. It is not like the windy event where the boy from the lapis ward gets lost to the beryl bridge and is attacked by the drifloom, which is an event specifically triggered by the weather so we're not asking to change that. Just the injured girl event. 

If this were to happen in a speedrun, it would occur like 3 hours in, which would be very sad. You'd have to either do the windy weather event, which is unlikely to be possible, or the route 1 sticker event, which means a 20 minute time loss not to mention money spent on honey and repels, or the final sticker which is only available before Hardy basically so it wouldn't be realistic. 

I hope a simple fix can be made to make the injured women appear at any time. either in the pokecenter or in a different house in Spinel Town. I realise that it is very likely to be not a priority whatsoever, but we wanted to bring this up anyway. Thanks for reading!

well, even if you did not save the kid the sticker is still avaible, you just need to talk with his mom when the city is restored, can be a minor time loss but a good safe strat.

And if you get lucky early game you get this sticker any way, and with this you can probably skip the missingo fight, but since we are speeking of speedruning the game that fight could be good for some lvl's the sircus part tend to be a grind heavy part of the game, unless of course you got a lucky egg.

But notheless its true there should be a option to talk to the rescued woman even if we got a rainy day.

well, even if you did not save the kid the sticker is still avaible, you just need to talk with his mom when the city is restored, can be a minor time loss but a good safe strat

Damn this is actually amazing lol. 

I didn't realize this at all, I figured the event was unchanged despite the renovations.

I loaded up a savegame and you're right:

image.png.eee026abb21b394dd7c08c2eff65149e.png

Despite this, it would still be very helpful if the injured women sticker would be changed so that you can always collect it.