Pokemon Full Moon

pbood2

Hello Reborn community.

If this is a duplicate thread for Pokemon Full Moon, sorry then and do with this what you would like.

I was just looking for fangames and I happened about this one and it looks really cool and interesting but I don't see any information about it here so i made this thread to see what others might think about the concept.

http://pokemonmoonversion.webs.com/ is the link if you want to check it out. OLD LINK DEAD!!

http://esteban20000.wix.com/pokemonfullmoon new link WORKS

It's about a story from the perspective of Luna. Feel free to check the website for more information.

Thanks for checking this thread out and can't wait to see what you think about it. :D

EDIT: EPISODE 6 released very recently and is up to gym 8 now.

Have a great night.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Oh really that is a coincidence then.

How do you know it's not Luna from Reborn because by using the same sprite, it makes you think it is at the least.

The sprite is really good though so props to Alice then for doing a great job but he also recolored aster's sprite which is Reborn's property no?

If there is no conflicts, I most likely will try this game out :D

These sprites look as if they're ripped straight from Reborn (and Rejuvenation)... If that's the case and Ame hadn't given permission, then I can only assume the creator is mooching off of others' work, since there also seems to be edited sprites from Rejuvenation.

• Upvote 3

OHHHHH. oops sorry my bad.

No, I meant it's the sprite of the player character Alice from Reborn, not art from Alicirno.

But is the Luna he's referencing in the plot the same Luna from Reborn or a separate new character for his game?

These sprites look as if they're ripped straight from Reborn (and Rejuvenation)... If that's the case and Ame hadn't given permission, then I can only assume the creator is mooching off of others' work, since there also seems to be edited sprites from Rejuvenation.

My goal wasn't to get the guy in trouble but I just was wondering if maybe he got permission from Ame to do what he is and thus can continue with his game. I don't like people who just mooch or copy other people's hard work, it's not a good idea to do that. I didn't notice rejuvenation sprites there but if that's true, he's in double trouble potentially.

Still a cool game concept for future fangames IF they get permission from Ame to use a character to make a game about.

Sorry about the double post- I was just responding to Ark and couldn't during responding to Ice Cream because Ark's post appeared while I was doing the first post.

Edited by Arkhidon
I gotchu

Oh this got moved. I saw the Super Eevee thread in Pokemon Fan Club and this forum and I didn't know which one it would go in so to be safe, I did Fan Club but if it's here, that's cool too.

Thanks for moving it then. :D

I really like that this game is episodic. Reborn and Rejuvenation brought that development format into existence so it's great because I love the episodic format for games now.

I agree though other than the sprites issue, the game is really well made so far, characters look good, settings, etc are looking good.

I remember that Aegis used Kuro and Lucia's sprites, and the creator asked Ame and she said it was fine as long as credit was given. Would still probably be a good idea to ask, though.

@the luna question, it's a different character, just has the same name.

I asked the question so thanks for answering then.

It also uses Glitch's music, which is grand and all, but its obvious the creator takes heavy inspiration (more than that) from Reborn, and to a lesser degree, Rejuvination

Let's be honest, Glitch's music/remixes are awesome so why wouldn't he use it. Reborn also is an amazing game so him taking inspiration from the game isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

Seems kinda interesting, although it's fairly new, so I won't touch it for now. Anyway, I wonder if the creator will make new sprites later on? I can understand using the Reborn/Reju sprites as placeholders if you're terrible at spriting, but I dunno about keeping them.

From the battle with Ivysaur, the backgrounds seem really cool, although I dunno if that's also from another game.

But it couldn't be Reborn's Luna, because it seems El is left out entirely and it's implied she is his actual daughter and would probably be in this game... assuming the creator pays attention.

As for the actual game itself I'm kind of put off simply by the fact that, as Lord_Ludo says it's really riding heavy on the success of Reborn. Maybe as it grows, if it becomes apparent it's taking it's own unique direction I'll check it out.

• Upvote 1

I think you guys are making a bit of a bigger deal out of this than you really should. He gave credit which is a big plus compared to a lot of people and yeah he probably should've asked. This'll either die out really quickly or the creator will be skilled enough by a certain point to edit and make the sprites more of his own. The project still is in the early development.

If he really is riding off of Reborn (not saying it is), it'll die very quickly. Part of the reason Reborn became so popular is that it really broke barriers especially when it first started coming out. Gym leaders with 6 Pokemon that were all good and used strategies was almost unheard of especially with such a dark storyline. I don't even recall Zeta or Omnicron being in the making and most of the popular stuff at the time was hacks.

Just take this with a grain of salt for the time being because it's not that big of a deal (or at least I don't think it is). Yeah, it's a bad thing but it'd be very difficult to stop it as it'd be very hypocritical. Think about it, fan games are doing that same thing to GF with the use of Pokemon.

• Upvote 1

Just to clear some things up...

The creator of the game was given permission to use the sprites. As a parallel, credit is given in the Readme, so that covers that. Permission to use the sprites was granted, given that the creator include credits, so this is permissible.

• Upvote 2

Oh okay. Thanks Ark for checking it out then. I'm glad I'm able to make this thread and discuss it whenever people play it now and not get the creator in trouble then. :D

I was also wondering why it got moved back but oh well.

• Global Mods

Just finished the current version, here were my thoughts. I tried to be vague with story events to avoid spoiling anything. I'd like to emphasize that unless you have RPG Maker, you won't be able to progress at a certain point because of a bugged event.

Good:

+Like others said here, the maps are very good. I don't think there was a single map I thought was boring.

+Even though some are just recolors, there were some sprites I thought were really well done.

+You get to change your outfit (it's even part of a story event).

+There's a lot of character interaction, so you really get to know what everybody is like and what their story is.

+Even though it's just 2 gyms (+some events after) there's a lot of content.

Bad:

-There are two places where you can't continue at all unless you're like me and have RPG Maker. In one of those places, I had to delete an event tile because I was continually asked "Shouldn't we heal first?" and sent back to a recovery machine even after healing my team. In another, I had to press Control in order to walk through cliffs, because I was transported to a part of a map where mountain cliffs made it impossible to go anywhere (no staircases or anything to get to where I needed to go).

-Still not fond of the "you bullied me but now we love each other" thing. Maybe if it felt less rushed and there was more making amends. I thought a few scenes were kind of rushed like this. Also I got sick of us calling each other "honey".

-Hatching an egg crashes the game. If someone asks if you want an egg or gives you one, either say no or deposit it in the PC ASAP.

-There's a character named Orchedy who's VS sprite is Marianette from Rejuvenation, not edited or recolored at all, and she looks nothing like Marianette. Also there's a character who's overworld sprite is pre-V6 Geara, and one who's overworld sprite is Narcissa. Again, not altered in any way.

-The levels kind of concern me; the second gym leader's levels are mid-30s. With 18 gym leaders, I think the level ranges are going by too fast. Also, facing mega evolutions way too early; even some ordinary route trainers have a mega.

-There are a lot of events where it needs to be a certain time of day or a certain day to progress, and I got tired of changing my PC's date and time every 10 minutes.

-Spelling/grammar/punctuation/sentence structure needs a lot of work.

I just started the game and I'm at the Chan's house right now.

I found the Cave with Lapras in it but now I have no idea how to progress...

Anyone mind telling me? ^^"

Until now it seems like it could be an interessting game but I also felt the relationship between Luna and Chan was very rushed...

And I don't mind if people don't want to make their own sprites for their own game if they give the original owner credit

But Alice's sprite doesn't really fit in my opinion... In Reborn it worked because she's dressend in mostly black and Reborn can be quite dark.

Also the City was always dark so it fit. But here everything around the player is so colorful and I feel like there's supposed to be a happy and romantic atmosphere.

So it felt kind of wierd playing it...