Need help beating Shelly

I've been fighting against Shelly (gym battle) for hours, and continue to lose to her. I honestly don't know what to do; any suggestions? For reference, this is my team:

Ampharos, LV 35

Item: Telluric Seed

Ability: Static

Moves: Thunder Shock, Power Gem, Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray

Swoobat, LV 35

Item: Metronome

Ability: Simple

Moves: Air Slash, Air Cutter, Confusion, Assurance

Linoone, LV 35

Item: Quick Claw

Ability: Pickup

Moves: Headbutt, Slash, Pin Missile, Sand Attack

Pidgeot, LV 35

Item: Protective Pads

Ability: Big Pecks

Moves: Quick Attack, Gust, Twister, Sand Attack

Growlithe, LV 35

Item: Telluric Seed

Ability: Flash Fire

Moves: Flamethrower, Flame Burst, Reversal, Growl

Serperior, LV 35

Item: Rose Incense

Ability: Contrary

Moves: Leaf Blade, Leaf Tornado, Slam, Leech Seed

Since your entire party use special atk you should use 1 or 2 guard spec. It prevents stats reduction for 5 turns, open with ampharos and growlithe, use the guard spec. within growlithe battle command and have ampharos slowly murder shelly team.

You should know that for this battle ampharos have a good toolset to kill everything, but BEWEAR of the field effect + rain strats araquinid its a hell of a bulky mon for this part of the game, and specialy for your team, so since we are using X-itens for this battle you might as well use a X - special atk + def, or speed + special atk, just take your time on the first 2 or 3 round of the battle to setup with ampharos or swoobat and you should be good.

Edited by WildRoad
GRAMAR

Maybe consider getting a mon that can learn fake out like Meowstic or Persian. With it you can fake out the Illumise then knock it out to prevent it from setting up rain dance. If you don't let her set up rain dance the fight becomes much easier. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Xtrack said:

Maybe consider getting a mon that can learn fake out like Meowstic or Persian. With it you can fake out the Illumise then knock it out to prevent it from setting up rain dance. If you don't let her set up rain dance the fight becomes much easier. 

True, technician persian can go bot fisical or special, can learn power gem and has good speed

14 hours ago, Xtrack said:

9 hours ago, WildRoad said:

True, technician persian can go bot fisical or special, can learn power gem and has good speed

6 hours ago, MachoPony said:

adding to the above, if you really want to give her a bad time, combine Fake out with a fire move capable of setting the forest on fire. i think Flame Burst can do so (Growlithe or Pansear)

These are really helpful ideas. I'll probably go for Fake Out to stop her Illumise and then Flame Burst to mess the terrain.