Trials of Reborn

Bazaro

Decided to make some "fun" battles for postgame of Redux and Memeborn while we wait for e19 to hit. 

A new chamber opens up under Agate City once the Player obtains the Geode Badge. Bring only your strongest, and face the Trials! How many can you overcome?

Spoiler

Face a randomized sequence of non-stop battles against the entire Pokedex and every* Field Effect. No two challenges will be quite the same.

• Every match is a Double Battle against teams just over a dozen.
  • The Bag will be disabled during the Trials. No Revive or Potion spam, you criminal scum.
  • The Field Effect CANNOT be changed by any means. Don't try it.
  • You will be healed after every battle, no matter what the reception lady may make you believe.
  • ???
  • Profit

*Superheated and Crystal Cave have been omitted for the time being due to being utterly lame

= DOWNLOAD LINKS =

Extract these inside their respective game folder and REPLACE the files when prompted. Please disable all mods, or just use a fresh copy of the game folder or you may run into errors.

Redux Compatible:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/19td05m4rr8u74f/redux_compatible.rar/file

Memeborn Compatible:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/s68etm2qyr98ejz/memeborn_compatible.rar/file

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

there's also a multitude of errors that pop up when starting the game with this active............ first off it creates a PBS folder (which normally is fine) then it fails to generate a few files for said folder and even if you should be able to get into the game with it active which is easier said than done if you try and start the trials it comes up with some sort of error regarding a missing trainer class then the game proceeds to crash

long story short this little addon is unplayable until these issues get resolved

• 2 weeks later...

Well hm.

I'll explain my process here:

• I started with a clean version of Redux / Memeborn including their full PBS folder straight from their creators.
  • I made my edits in PBS (Trainers and TrainerTypes) and created a new map + connection to existing map.
  • Edited Scripts to implement the no-healing/field changing

That's it.

I haven't seen any issues like this popping up before, are you sure you're using a clean version of the game folders @ArcBolt27? I know this isn't optimized to work with other mods at all, and frankly I'm not experienced enough to know how.

The missing Trainer Class most likely means that the Data Folder didn't overwrite properly.

10 hours ago, Bazaro said:

Well hm.

I'll explain my process here:

• I started with a clean version of Redux / Memeborn including their full PBS folder straight from their creators.
  • I made my edits in PBS (Trainers and TrainerTypes) and created a new map + connection to existing map.
  • Edited Scripts to implement the no-healing/field changing

That's it.

I haven't seen any issues like this popping up before, are you sure you're using a clean version of the game folders @ArcBolt27? I know this isn't optimized to work with other mods at all, and frankly I'm not experienced enough to know how.

The missing Trainer Class most likely means that the Data Folder didn't overwrite properly.

yes ive tried with a clean version of both memeborn and rebornredux but it still crashes at the same point regardless and even without mods it still does it 😕

That story doesn't add up, Arcbolt so I suppose Baz would have to ask a couple follow up questions. The game does not need a PBS as this data was built prior. If it is being built you are compiling a debug version of the game which could be stuck in a loop now. Debug mode would spit out errors since the game is now missing all its critical info as it no longer exists as it wasn't compiled. Maybe you clicked on it by accident or something else idk. 

• 3 weeks later...

finally got it working properly and i must say even with a fully EV/IV trained team with optimal movesets/natures/abilities im lucky to be able to make it past even 1 battle......... sometimes im lucky to even KO a single mon before i get wiped out *glares at the dragon's den trial* but even so its definitely challenging to put it mildly

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad it's working! Yes the Trials are meant to be rather... challenging. Some are naturally harder than others, mostly due to the fields being more abusable by certain Pokemon. Each team has 13-14 Pokemon, but no one goes over the 510 EV limit at least~ except one very specific example but thats a meme

Best of luck~

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Axel553 said:

@ArcBolt27 If you don't mind me asking, what did you do to get it to work? I'm having the same problems right now.

image.png.6d21acf3cf64a42386f7d2fab34f6a3a.png

well as it turned out i just had to use a fresh unmodded install and it seemed to work fine iirc.............. tho fair warning these fights imo put even madame x with her yveltal in rejuv to shame with how tough they can be, here i am using a fully EV/IV trained team with competetively viable movesets and they are still kicking my tail 5 ways to sunday and back