Need some tips about my actual team :)

blitze79

Hello guys 🙂

I'm kinda new to this game so that's why i'm looking for some advice !

Here is my team for the moment :

616022709_teamafter2ndgym.jpg.61217a57f10bc64f2563a59c453f34af.jpg

I've just done the 2nd gym ( Florinia ) without too many issues ( i needed 2 tries to actually do it ) but i'm not sure about my team right now.

My plan right now is to add Shinx, and to remove Mankey for the moment ( i love Luxray^^ ) but i honnestly don't know what could i catch to make this team better for the next important battles/gyms so if you can give me an advice on that, that would be helpful !

( If possible, don't spoil me about the story, i wanna discover it by myself ) 

Thanks already for your help 🙂

Edited by blitze79
  • Like 1

Oh, nice, Infernape is a starter I'd like to try on my next run.

Now, you're still in the very earliest stages of the game, so the most important thing I'd say is to just be willing to change your team on the fly. As you progress, the gym leaders will more and more often require dedicated teams or one-time team members in order to get through, so just collect as many Pokemon as you can, just in case.

The one big change I would suggest is maybe putting Canary in a box for a while. You have another flying type, and Noibat's stats are pretty lackluster until it evolves at level 48.

One Pokemon I'd recommend you pick up is Espurr. If you go back to peridot ward, just south of Julia's gym there's a guy who wants some money. Give him money enough times, and he'll give you access to the house behind him. If you're lucky, this will have Espurr, possibly the strongest non-starter non-egg Pokemon you can get at this stage of the game. If you're not, you can find it in the wild after beating the next gym leader.

Espurr learns some strong offensive moves, psychic and otherwise, as well as some great support moves, like Fake Out and Light Screen. The powerful psychic moves will be really strong in the next gym, Fake Out enables a strong strategy in the gym after that, and even after Meowstic falls off offensively, the support moves can continue to pull their weight for several gyms to come.

Early game in this game is tough since there aren't a lot of good pokemon to use and hard to come by. Great pokemon in early game mostly come by static encounter so try explore everywhere you can. For now just deal with what you have and keep exploring and if you feel under level there is always a trainer in grand hall to grind. Also you can find  a lot good pokemon via some static encounter or sidequest such as Espurr in Peridot ward, Growlithe in Beryl ward etc. Another tip I found out is unless you can sweep everything in your way, try find some tank or hazard setter or something that can disrupt opponent this will help a lot in a long run(AI in reborn is no joke like main game).  

Hey guys, and thanks for your replies ! 

8 hours ago, doombotmecha said:

Oh, nice, Infernape is a starter I'd like to try on my next run.

Infernape is one of my favorite starters, with Swampert and Typhlosion so, i took the one that would help me the most in early but so far it hasn't been easy, it's raining almost all the time 🤔

8 hours ago, doombotmecha said:

The one big change I would suggest is maybe putting Canary in a box for a while. You have another flying type, and Noibat's stats are pretty lackluster until it evolves at level 48.

One Pokemon I'd recommend you pick up is Espurr. If you go back to peridot ward, just south of Julia's gym there's a guy who wants some money. Give him money enough times, and he'll give you access to the house behind him. If you're lucky, this will have Espurr, possibly the strongest non-starter non-egg Pokemon you can get at this stage of the game. If you're not, you can find it in the wild after beating the next gym leader.

There is one big problem with that : i got Minccino on that house 😕

And yeah, i think i will put Canary away for a while i think, his damages are not so bad but, it's too weak for the moment.

8 hours ago, Ryuta said:

Early game in this game is tough since there aren't a lot of good pokemon to use and hard to come by. Great pokemon in early game mostly come by static encounter so try explore everywhere you can. For now just deal with what you have and keep exploring and if you feel under level there is always a trainer in grand hall to grind. Also you can find  a lot good pokemon via some static encounter or sidequest such as Espurr in Peridot ward, Growlithe in Beryl ward etc. Another tip I found out is unless you can sweep everything in your way, try find some tank or hazard setter or something that can disrupt opponent this will help a lot in a long run(AI in reborn is no joke like main game).  

I looked about the Growlithe, i will do the side quest to get it but i don't think i will use it into the next gym, since it's Poison if i'm right.

I saw about the AI and yeah, it's definitely different from the main games. 

Well, thank you for your advices, i will try to see how it goes now and, give an update probably after the next gym i think !

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
On 10/6/2019 at 11:11 AM, blitze79 said:

Hey guys, and thanks for your replies ! 

Infernape is one of my favorite starters, with Swampert and Typhlosion so, i took the one that would help me the most in early but so far it hasn't been easy, it's raining almost all the time 🤔

There is one big problem with that : i got Minccino on that house 😕

And yeah, i think i will put Canary away for a while i think, his damages are not so bad but, it's too weak for the moment.

I looked about the Growlithe, i will do the side quest to get it but i don't think i will use it into the next gym, since it's Poison if i'm right.

I saw about the AI and yeah, it's definitely different from the main games. 

Well, thank you for your advices, i will try to see how it goes now and, give an update probably after the next gym i think !

if you're planing on saving the police officers before the next gym get the growlithe and make sure it has flash fire as it's ability and flame burst as a move cause it will destroy the field cause an explosion and since it has flash fire the growlithe will be immune by it