[POTENTIAL SPOILERS] Your favourite thing about Rejuvenation: 2019 edition!

Zumi

• Veterans

So! I've made a thread like this each year since 2017, and the last one was from March 2018. It's been 1 1/2 year, so it's time to make another one of these!

What is your favourite thing about Rejuvenation? This can be anything - from the custom graphics, to the story and it's characters, to the music!

Of course it'd be best if you kept it directly related to the game itself -- As a little note, saying "Oh [x] song is good" when referring to remixes made of songs from the mainline pokemon games rather than referring to the custom music made for Rejuv is a little bit backwards. Though, if you like the choices made to play certain music in certain areas/during certain moments, then that's completely fine! Either way, let us know your experience with the game. We'd love to hear it!

(as with the fanart thread, it's absolutely fantastic and incredibly motivating to us, the dev team, to see people enjoy the game -- so thank you in advance for leaving a message and for playing!!! <3)

• Like 3

What i really liked in Rejuv was the dive addition and the updated graphics. For the dive part, i really like when you can explore new parts of older areas. For the graphics, i can only say awesome! You can really see how much love and motivation went into these graphics.

I love a lot of things from this game. Specifically about this game is the plot, the continued and assimilated sidequests (like the hidden library ones), the specific versions of some pokémon (even if not catchable, like the guardians on the garufan pyramid) or the posibility to control temporarily some npcs, I think they're original!

And yes, for v12 specifically my favorite thing (not by a big margin, I liked a lot of things) were the battles against the robots/sentinel pokémon in the Pyramid, specifically its soundtrack. But overall the whole segmet was pretty awesome.

Similar to what Kithas said. Rejuvenation's lore and plot is so, intresting and the sidequests add on to the lore. Version 12 is my favorite version rejuvenarion thus far. The way most of the main crew came together to save Alice, Allen, Erin to the return of Aelita and to the lore of Zone zero(Hiyoshi City).

I liked the map design both from graphics and gaming aspects. Each area is open and there is a lot to see and to explore. While going from South to North in the first Region, I could almost feel I needed a jacket or a coat.

Also, some battles in Intense mode such as Marianette made me scratch my head a lot. That Holy Field - Magical Seed

- Cosmic Power - Baton Passer speedy Lopunny who always chose Toucannon was evil.

But I have only four badges. I guess there is more to come ^^ I'll post again if I change my mind.

Oh boy here we go.

1. Story:The story is great. My mind is always blown beyond my expectations. I’ve had to replay multiple times than I can count because it gets me every time and each version I get more enveloped in the story.

2. Favorite Characters: 

MC: I know we don’t usually say or do much, but as the story goes on we start to learn more and more about our mysterious past that has been suppressed. Did we do it, did someone else do it? It feels like we’re starting to show some feeling whether it’s good or bad(not to say that we haven’t expressed feeling before).

Melia: Don’t judge me because some people think she’s a Mary Sue. Idc 4 dat bruh. I just like her Character. She’s sweet she’s caring, and she’s starting to develop. And wow she has siblings. That blew me away. 😱

Aelita: My 2nd favorite character. She’s upbeat, she’s far more developed when we first met her, and she’s a badass. Shoved one of Texen’s fangirl(ewww why?) and roasted Texen over an oven(not seriously I mean call him out) even though she was told to do so otherwise. I just love her character.

Ren: Another favorite character. At first, I didn’t like him all that much because of the whole Team Xen, but I didn’t understand his reasons, and after he explained why he joined Team Xen, I felt bad and now I have a new view on him.

Erin: Last, but not least my number one favorite bae, ERIN. I just love her sass, it gets me every time. When she got bullied as a kid and when she was an orphan, my heart broke. 😭 Soo yeah nuff said I love Erin the most out of all the characters. 

3. Sprites: I love the sprite developments and second costumes. These only used in Pokémon X/Y, Sun and Moon and soon to be Sword and shield. Dope af.

4. Music: Music is badass and it fits pretty much certain characters and trainer descriptions.

5. Graphics: Everything is well designed and organized. It must have taken a lot of time to get everything settled. :0 

Conclusion/TL;DR: Story, character/character development and sprites. So about everything. Credit to everyone who helped made Rejuvenation along with Jan! 👌🏾👍🏾⭐💫

(I sound like a fanboy 😂)

• Like 1

First off, this may sound a little juvenile but I love how several Pokemon are moved up in availability compared to Reborn (Rockruff, Misdreavus, Volbeat, Carbink). It's so nice to get such a wildly different variety of mons to play with, and punching thrash to just tear holes in a team is really fun!

Secondly, but more importantly, the story is so amazing! Every character practically pops off the screen with how expressive they are. I love how Marianette is the least normal child in the region, how Narcissa gets set up as mean but is actually just One Whole Mom, how Keta looks at his life and actually tries to set things right, and how gloriously, vibrantly fucked up and vile the Xen Executives, at least those I've seen, are. 

Everything, the game looks amazing. Grand Dream City is a joy to visit and the story arc formula feels very good. The music is awesome, GDC and Gearen City themes are both bops. I love the lets players that play the game too (Shofu and Voltsy) 

the characters are hit or miss but I love Aelita, Ren, Melia, and Venam a lot. Kanon too but I really don’t like the change of direction he gets in Version 11. Chapter 8 was very good and served as an enlightening end to the Terajuma Arc and the beginning of the GDC Arc. I’m very much enjoying this ride and I’ll be sad the day this game ends. But super happy that I was along for the ride. I’d love more Side games like WLL, more lore is always a good thing imo

every time i think the story can't get wackier, the next version proves me very, very wrong.

going to a weird dream dimension only accessible by having a nightmare in GDC and things can be brought back from it somehow, people turning to stone, and someone impersonating us and our dead mom? 

fucking up the timeline so bad, by preventing vivian's sacrifice, causing the oceans to turn blood red, and almost every landmass to be destroyed by the oceans, also this universe's melia is a fucking psychopath that doesn't hesitate to use her yveltal's decimation on a human and she has the power to fix everything but she doesn't because she's crazy? Ren piloting a robotic body and having phone calls, THROUGH TIME AND SPACE, and fighting gardevoir a la megaman, and the evil gardevoir belonged to mr. luck who seemingly hasn't aged somehow? The garufa revealed to be really advanced to the point of having built at least 1 spaceship, and having created a way to defy fate itself. amanda having been replaced by a goddamn robot for who knows how long,with nobody noticing, isha's motive for keeping lavender is that he wants to fuse with her, and he would've actually been able to do so had he not been stopped.? there's still 4 versions left and i know that all of them are going to raise the bar in terms of wackiness.

What do I like the most about Rejuvenation? There's too many things to list, but the most important things you can find below. I remember that a few years ago I said "Rejuvenation is just a watered down Reborn ripoff", but now I feel it is actually better than Reborn in many ways. Now for once it is Reborn that has to play catch up, which I think is impossible, especially because of point 1 and 6.

1). Being able to play as multiple characters.
It just adds so much more depth to the story, being able to experience it from multiple perspectives

2A). Side quests

Many of the side quests are well thought out and also add to the experience. Some of them are a bit goofy

Spoiler

like for example the first Neo Gearen quest

but still fun nonetheless.

2B). Achievement system

Honestly quite surprising to have this in a Pokemon game, but another nice addition that rewards you if you are a completionist.

3). Constant updates every version
Every time I play a new version, it feels like I'm playing a different game. It's just getting more polished over time which is a good thing imo.

4). Battle Fields & Difficulty
Some people hate them, but I think this is one of the most brilliant additions to a Pokemon game ever. You really need to play around the fields or you will get rekt. In Reborn I feel it was sometimes too easy to break the fields, but in Rejuvenation it is a lot harder (could just be my perception tho). Especially on Intense mode you really have to trick the AI and bait out certain attacks. Even with EV (and IV) trained mons it is still hard as triceratops testicles and I wipe dozens of times on hard battles.

Spoiler

5). Crests and fake moves/TMs
Tbh these are both a blessing and a curse, because sometimes I have no idea what the moves do, so it is hard to play around it.  Would be nice to have the info available somewhere so you can at least prepare better. (For example I had no idea what Arenite Wall did until I actually got the TM myself)

6). Story
In all honesty, this game has many of the same problems as Reborn....that is having way too many side characters and the story is a bit too unfocused and confusing. Still I think Rejuv has way better characters than Reborn, and like I mentioned earlier, as an added bonus you can also play with some of them. Even though some of the dialogue and plot are cringe AF, it is a lot of fun to play.

7). Music

Last but not least, the music in this game is also way better than Reborn. Reborn has way too many GlitchxCity soundtracks, whereas Rejuvenation has a way more varied and balanced soundtrack. I especially like the soundtracks used in Akuwa Town, Terajuma and also the pyramid robot battle music.

Rule 34 content.  Obviously.

Jokes aside, I love the story, the characters, the music, the atmosphere, the overall feel of the game.  Somewhere at the beginning of the game someone said the word "Fuck" and I immediately knew this game was going to be interesting...and indeed it was.  Honestly the fact that it's a Pokemon game doesn't mean all that much to me, surprisingly.  I remember reading somewhere recently that Jan sorta wishes he didn't do gyms, and I really resonated with that.  This game could easily flourish with any decent game format, and probably be better off without the gyms sidetracking the main plot half the time like a damn filler episode.  I don't love this game because it's a Pokemon game, but rather because it has created unique memorable experiences for me, and it simply uses the Pokemon format to do so.

If I had to pick one thing, I'd probably have to say the music.  If the music wasn't as good as it is, I'd probably hate this game for its level of seemingly bullshit difficulty at times.  Don't get me wrong, I love the challenge, and it has made the tough victories all the more satisfying, but if the music wasn't as good as it is, I probably would grow to hate every tough fight.  This is simply because the atmosphere would be dreadfully painful (in a bad way) the whole time, and I'd get to a point where I'd just say, "Fuck it I'm done."  I'd stop playing a game clearly worth my time, all because the atmosphere was too obnoxiously plain/forgettable and it made replaying hard fights 20+ times become too taxing.

So yeah, TLDR: I love the music in this game.  10/10 would listen to again.

Edited by J-Dawg

story spoilers

Spoiler

I generally enjoy how the story starts playing out around the time you get to GDC and onwards. There are a lot of different factions and I'm curious to see how it plays out, since a lot of characters are being set up as potentially ending up siding with the PC and Co., with multiple factions pit against them (whoever made Amanda, Tiempa/Spacea/Storm Chasers, Indriad/Angie/Church of Theolia, Madame X/Kieran/Risa, whatever the Blakeories are up to, the people disguising themselves as the PC/Nancy whose names escape me)

Also something about the Interceptor thing really tickles me.

pokemon customization stuff

Spoiler

Easy EV training is the best. It's quick and painless

I love shadow pokemon and crests, they both give new life to stuff that is normally not really viable and makes the game feel fresh. I'd almost never use something like Slaking or Seviper or Oriocorio long term in a challenging game, but in Rejuvenation they are pretty solid.

battles

Spoiler

The battles starting somewhere around Angie to Erick, are great and then as it goes on there's a lot of unique stuff like Rift Gardevoir that require different strategies without being so wild that you need specific things to win. Fights like Rift Gardevoir as well as sidequests like Dufaux and unspellable Wailord feel like what Totem Battles could have been

miscellaneous

Spoiler

I love the AP system and would love to see it expanded.

I don't know if Ryland's battle theme is an original (it doesn't sound like a remix to me), but that song is a banger

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed playing through the story, like reborn and rejuvenation are tied for my favorite fan games! Also, almost every character is relatable in some way. (Seriously Erin is secretly me, her dialogs are pretty much what I would say and me and my friend where dying reading it!)

If I had to pick my one favorite thing in Rejuvenation, it would probably be its music. 
It's awesome and really diversified, they fit the general atmosphere and make some scenes unique. 
What I liked the most was probably 

Spoiler
the final showdown on top of Eclysia Pyramid, mixing the last fight against Bladestar (Flora-Ryland's theme is my favourite, it's absolutely amazing), team Xen's intervention, playing as Adam... I still can't believe that V12 was the version which development time was the shortest out of all versions, it's extremely well-polished and my favorite version so far. 

I love the game's story and I just can't wait to find out what's going to happen next and I also like the whole sidequest system a lot. 
My favorite characters are Aelita and Flora, with Keta being a close third: Aelita is a really reliable partner and there are just so many things explained about her which give her a lot of depth.  I love how 

Spoiler

she wants to be her own person despite the whole Vivian's curse thing, how she never gives in.
As for Flora, hopefully we'll see more of her even though she seems done for. Of course, one can't agree with her methods (most of her own grunts leave Bladestar after she blows up the hotel the ball took place in) but her motives are understandable (also, it is said she restored many places which were deserted by all forms of life, and that helps to show how ambiguous this character is).

Also being able to EV train that easily is a blessing.
I really hope all the build up the game's setting up will lead to a great outcome!

Edited by Caelliox

Spoiler

Unlike most people, I actually don't like the story that much. It's good, but it's also super wacky and weird and clearly slated to only get weirder. It's not inherently bad, it just feels like... Idk, if Reborn is "pokemon noir", which is actually a pretty good descriptor till around when you leave the city, Rejuvenation is "pokemon shonen anime", only even weirder. That's not to say I dislike the story, it's just not my favorite thing. (I do dislike how all the Team Xen admins are having their points in humanity retconned in, but only because I'd rather have had it up front.)

No, my favorite thing is all the interesting places it takes me to, and how well it represents most of them: A massive "metropolis in a bubble", a ravaged wasteland, a ruined city, it did the "massive desert" much better than Reborn imo, the past, a frozen castle- not everywhere it took me was new or unique, but I loved all the ones that were, and it did a good job of making them feel new and unique.

I have finally returned here after the hell that is first year college. To start, i think the part i like most of Rejuvenation is the sense of adventure, like Paper Mario the Thousand Door, each part of this game has a lot of creativity, one moment we are exploring a xenophobic town, then held prisoner, then exploring a jungle, then a resort ETC. And it's important to note that each transition feels natural. 

Next, i like the cast, and the game does a good job of making it seem like we are friends with them, even if sometimes it feels they only hang out with us because of life threatening situations. Erin's question to Melia regarding what will happen once the quest is over is quite poignant in that sense. I rather enjoy the little bonding moments we get with a character, like discussing with Melia about GDC and her pokemon, Aelita's interactions with us on the Xen Ship, ETC.

The other point, is that i enjoy the length and difficulty, it lets Pokemon like my favorite Hydreigon shine, though it does share this with reborn.