AI Prediction

Lorane

Heylo people

Ya so i am STILL stuck at fiore mansion's 3 battles and as i was playing i noticed a peculiar thing: like each time i brought out a pokemon by looking at their wikia page, they would bring out the EXACT pokemon required to defeat my pokemon. So, my question is that is this just coincidence? Or Is it the skillful work of AI Master Amethyst?

• Global Mods

A ton of work has definitely gone into the custom AI for Reborn (and E19 should be juicing it up even further 😈) , though I couldn't tell you how much was done by Ame, and how much was Marcello or others.

I think the question is, does AI look at the pokemon we're going to send and acts accordingly or it just predicts it based the info? Or it is just coincidence? It's something I've already thought about it, how the opposing pokemon lands the perfect move for the pokemon I send in the perfect turn 🤔

i find sometimes the AI is a little random though, like they'll randomly bring in something to take a big hit and die the following turn, then bring in the first pokemon to die anyway.

yes there's been times where it perfectly predicted my moves. but more often than not the basic strategies work and when you DONT try anything stupidly complex sometimes the ai just cant keep up with your braindead stubborness.

Marc elaborated on the AI and predicting/switching a bit here:

https://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42889-i-swear-the-ai-cheats/&do=findComment&comment=816405

To quote:

Hi so I programmed the AI primarily so here's roughly what's happening:

The AI doesn't cheat with regards to this stuff, it's not able to do that. It's programmed to do things like use weaker moves if they can kill to preserve PP, be aware of other pokemon it knows are on your team in case of potential switch ins, and it tries not to get stuck in loops by doing things like overhealing or overboosting, so if it's already healed a lot it's less likely to do so again. Importantly as well, while it doesn't know when you are going to switch, it does remember your past switches in the battle, and the more you switch and the more of your team you show off, the more likely it is to predict you're going to switch and attempt to counter that. Sometimes this works out and can make a very smart seeming AI that appears to predict like a human player, and when that happens we're all very happy. Sometimes it can be disastrously stupid a little off the mark, and we're working on that too

The tl;dr is yeah blatant AI cheating is indeed not in line with our philosophy for the game so it's not a thing we have happen.

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2019 at 12:12 PM, DreamblitzX said:

A ton of work has definitely gone into the custom AI for Reborn (and E19 should be juicing it up even further 😈) , though I couldn't tell you how much was done by Ame, and how much was Marcello or others.

Oooooookay

Im most effing scared....cuz the fiore mansion battle WAS hard. And if u say dat E19 is gon spice things up, well, RIP me

On 10/5/2019 at 7:25 PM, kithas said:

I think the question is, does AI look at the pokemon we're going to send and acts accordingly or it just predicts it based the info? Or it is just coincidence? It's something I've already thought about it, how the opposing pokemon lands the perfect move for the pokemon I send in the perfect turn 🤔

I knowwww right, its like it knows our team's weaknesses better than us. I hardly think dis is a coincidence, or else a Damn Krookodile won't basically wipe my team out....

10 hours ago, ZEL said:

Marc elaborated on the AI and predicting/switching a bit here:

https://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42889-i-swear-the-ai-cheats/&do=findComment&comment=816405

To quote:

I don't THINK its tryna cheat, i think that it juzt gets greeedy after seeing our pokes and then snoops out ALL the info it wasnt supposed to xd😆

17 hours ago, MachoPony said:

i find sometimes the AI is a little random though, like they'll randomly bring in something to take a big hit and die the following turn, then bring in the first pokemon to die anyway.

yes there's been times where it perfectly predicted my moves. but more often than not the basic strategies work and when you DONT try anything stupidly complex sometimes the ai just cant keep up with your braindead stubborness.

I can relate a LOT to that. It literally, perfectly predicted my moves and unless i spam healing items i never EVER win.

So the bottom line iz:

I HATE U AI