Is GF copying Reborn? (Probably not)

Lorisaur

That's simple: thanks to a recent interview from gameinformer we know that sword/shield might have 18 gyms

It sounds quite familiar, doesn't it?

I absolutely don't think game freak even knows about Reborn. But some coincidences are nice to notice.

I've started thinking, and the wild areas remind me the only "open world" experience pokemon has ever given me. Tourmaline Desert. Altough it's not an open world, it FEELS LIKE IT IS when playing for the first time.

Also that raid thing... Pulses are just better as a challenge.

I'm sure there will be also much else, so write here everything NEW from sword shield that alredy exist in Reborn guys

I don't know much but I think the Nature Changer is a new thing that gets introduced in Gen 8. Could be some shady Doctor in a dark alley...

But I also don't think they did the changes because of Pokemon Reborn. Would be nice though if they would be open to fan suggestions or Fan Games in general.

I think if gf were to take ideas from reborn, they'd also shut it down unfortunately 😞 GSC had 16 gyms so it's not the first time, and knowing the direction main games are going, it's prob gonna be a rather easy, lighthearted game.  They really should be open to ideas from fangames, but they seem to be trying to appeal to casual players more than players like us who want to be challenged 

i highly doubt gamefreak doesnt know about the existence of reborn or rejuv. they develop pokemon games, it stands to reason that at least some people on the team must be fans and look up non-official stuff from time to time too.

the raids are blatantly taken from pokemon go, not even nearly based on pulses. if anything pulses resembled the totems from gen VII more than these raids.

ive said it before, but honestly, if gamefreak ever blatantly steals things from reborn or rejuv, you should be happy, because theyve looked at the games, they played the games, and they decided not to shut them down.

I doubt it. It'd be neat if they were 'taking notes' as someone out there likes to say, but they're probably just doing whatever they do. 

I don't doubt that they know about the existence of reborn and rejuvenation, but if they were really paying enough attention to them to steal ideas, I'm positive that they'd be shutting them down as well.

5 hours ago, smeargletail said:

sun and moon pretty much did the 18 type gym thing with 18 characters that specialized in each type

Nope. They tried but...

No one likes ice types LOL

Ok back in 2017 I used to make fun about this with a friends who loves ice type

14 hours ago, lilyawaka said:

They really should be open to ideas from fangames, but they seem to be trying to appeal to casual players more than players like us who want to be challenged 

As nice as a harder game would be, they need to keep it easy so that it caters to the casual players and earns the games more sales. I could see them implementing a difficulty option in a future game should SwSh sell well.

6 hours ago, The Fangame Connoisseur said:

As nice as a harder game would be, they need to keep it easy so that it caters to the casual players and earns the games more sales. I could see them implementing a difficulty option in a future game should SwSh sell well.

I mean they've done it before with Challenge Mode, who's to say they won't do it again

Lol it was a bait and switch

image.thumb.png.00e41e4059922b12432e499c53b866cc.png

"Oh yeah there's CANNONICALLY 18 gyms, only 8 are actually in the game though because designing a game with 18 gyms in mind is too hard lol"

You might be able to fight the rest in postgame but... if that were the case they probably would have said so already.