Pokemon Emulators??

jbastian1

Hello everyone!

I wanted to do either a Pokemon X/Y  or a Pokemon Soul Silver Random Nuzlocke but will need an emulator to do so. I would really like to be able to play the game through regularly with only slight modifications. I would like to have the option to randomize at the beginning as well as the option for trade evolutions to occur naturally for pokemon through leveling up. Does anyone have any good recommendations for this?? One that wont put a virus on my laptop? Please and thank you!

The go to emulator for DS games is DeSmuME (emulates gens 4-5) or Visual Boy Advanced (emulates gens 1-3), and I've never gotten viruses from their downloads. As for randomizing, you'd want to get the Universal Pokemon Randomizer, and same thing applies there, no viruses from what I can tell. The problem comes in with the fact that you need the ROM for the game you want, and well my friend many of the links for those are riddled with viruses. A lot of them are fake. If you get one though, you need to boot up the UPR and open the ROM with it, and you can customize the randomization as much as you please there. I don't know if I can guarantee you to be completely safe from viruses, but I can PM you a link to a list of the safest ways to download a bunch of ROMs. You might still need to be cautious though.

• Like 1

The consensus for GameBoy Advance is VisualBoy Advance.  It's easy to use and I haven't encountered any problems with it.
If you have a USB game pad, you can configure it to work with the emulator very easily.

For Nintendo DS, your choices are No$GBA and DeSMuME.  No$GBA runs fast, but has a few compatibility issues with some roms (I think your Pokemon games work well on it, though).  DeSMuME used to be slower, but doesn't have as many compatibility issues and has more features.  The latest version of DeSMuME has an updated OpenGL renderer, which gets rid of the speed problem.  It also features configurable dynamic recompiling, which can speed up games at the expense of minor bugs (doesn't wreck gameplay, but involves displaying things wrong at times -- ex:  in Pokemon Black/White, when you use Fly, your sprite will persist after you fly away, and upon arrival your sprite will appear before the bird drops you off). Also i love playing this  bombsquad game too. It's amazing.

Edited by gamersmith