Pokémon Pumpkin Redux

Ekat

3. Can I demand to be a playtester to gain early access to the game?

While I appreciate your offer of help, I feel I don't need it at the moment. Pumpkin is a fairly small game. 

Oh thank god, I don't have to give the player brain damage from running their head into trees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Scyl said:

Oh thank god, I don't have to give the player brain damage from running their head into trees.

YahpQ40.png

Your first mistake was assuming I wouldn't list you as an honorary playtester. Put on your helmet and start testing tree collision data. 

• Like 3

Your first mistake was assuming I wouldn't list you as an honorary playtester. Put on your helmet and start testing tree collision data. 

I would, but you never sent me the game, so F.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scyl said:

I would, but you never sent me the game, so F.

That's because I've been being lazy and I have to:

A) Finish the PBS for the boss fights

B) Test said boss fights

Edited by Michael_
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So it's time to leave my opinion here even though i only played the first 30 minutes of it.

Spoiler

I start with the gameplay, it's so much fun, i really like the halloween idea and the jokes. What i don't like is that so many persons want to trade items or Pokemons and you forget so fast because then five new ones come and you think: "Dammit who was the one who wanted to give me the dusk balls".

Now the graphics: So funny and nice. I wish i could make such good graphics. Really, it's such a good work.

And lastly the music: The music choices you made are really good and i hope you don't get in trouble because of them.

So yeah, i really like this game and hope that i will enjoy the rest of this game even more!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raion said:

So it's time to leave my opinion here even though i only played the first 30 minutes of it.

Hide contents

I start with the gameplay, it's so much fun, i really like the halloween idea and the jokes. What i don't like is that so many persons want to trade items or Pokemons and you forget so fast because then five new ones come and you think: "Dammit who was the one who wanted to give me the dusk balls".

Now the graphics: So funny and nice. I wish i could make such good graphics. Really, it's such a good work.

And lastly the music: The music choices you made are really good and i hope you don't get in trouble because of them.

So yeah, i really like this game and hope that i will enjoy the rest of this game even more!

There's a guide in the folder with all the trades so it doesn't get all that cluttered. It contains everything from eggs to candy trades so it should help you out in that regard!

Most, if not all of the music comes from other Nintendo games or final fantasy so I doubt any companies are gonna destroy us for it.

Edited by Michael_
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Michael_ said:

There's a guide in the folder with all the trades so it doesn't get all that cluttered. It contains everything from eggs to candy trades so it should help you out in that regard!

Oh, ok. Thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, Michael_ said:

Most, if not all of the music comes from other Nintendo games or final fantasy so I doubt any companies are gonna destroy us for it.

Glad to hear it.

• Like 1

Just now, inktalegaster said:

thanks dude but i went there anyway i was just underleveled but im up to date now

Ah, fair enough, that's probably just the level cap jump or something then since it increases again after talking to the mayor in the cemetery.

• Thanks 1

Can we get Rotom? Since there is this room in Hawthorne mansion with the gadgets and I didn´t find any clues in the guide...

Apart from this, the game is awesome I like the story, the graphics and the music. The best thing (so far) is the murder investigation segment 😄 wish I had known about this games existence before halloween, but still good 😁

• Like 2

Bug Report:

Spoiler

The trainer in front of the entrance of Vogt Cementery has a Trevenant which doesn't use a move. 

Here's the errorlog: errorlog.txt

I don't know if all the errors are from this bug but i can't remember any other bugs...

Also in the Vogt Cementry after my Gyarados became Level 41 it sometimes ignores my orders.

Pumpkin's 1.1 patch is now out! 

Changelog:

Spoiler

1. Fixed the gift Ninetales crashing the game. 

2. Fixed the collision errors with tiles in Hawthorne Mansion and on Mt. Cypress. 

3. Fixed the "shadow" Spinda on the Red Gyrados' leader's team. 

4. Fixed the Trevenant battle error. 

7 hours ago, Raion said:

The trainer in front of the entrance of Vogt Cementery has a Trevenant which doesn't use a move. 

5. A fix for the inconsistencies between the level limiter and disobedience restrictions. 

7 hours ago, Raion said:

Also in the Vogt Cementry after my Gyarados became Level 41 it sometimes ignores my orders.

6. Various other cosmetic fixes and little touch-ups. (Grammar, tile placements, etc.)

Thank-you to all those who played the game and reported their bug finds!

• Like 2

Got this errorlog when i wanted to attack:

Spoiler

---------------------------
Pokémon Pumpkin REDUX
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `isOnline?' for #<PokeBattle_Battle:0xe64b3d0>
PokeBattle_Battler:2619:in `pbObedienceCheck?'
PokeBattle_Battler:3074:in `pbTryUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3409:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3819:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:3818:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:3818:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battle:2880:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2877:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2877:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2865:in `times'

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\HP\Saved Games\Pokémon Pumpkin REDUX\errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK   

On 11/19/2019 at 11:11 AM, Pisy said:
  Hide contents

Once you got into Tower Clock, you cannot in any way come back in Hawthorn mansion 😞

I found and error ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Actually, there's a shortcut passage back to Hawthorne Mansion so that you don't have to take the plank puzzle back. 

HAglZWg.png

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 2:26 PM, Raion said:

Got this errorlog when i wanted to attack:

Reveal hidden contents

Pokémon Pumpkin REDUX
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `isOnline?' for #<PokeBattle_Battle:0xe64b3d0>
PokeBattle_Battler:2619:in `pbObedienceCheck?'
PokeBattle_Battler:3074:in `pbTryUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3409:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3819:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:3818:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:3818:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battle:2880:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2877:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2877:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2865:in `times'

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\HP\Saved Games\Pokémon Pumpkin REDUX\errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK   

Thanks! I've uploaded a new version of the game with the updated script and a few other minor fixes I noted.