Toughest Challenge?

jbastian1

Hello Everyone! 

As an avid Reborn fan, I was just curious, what has been the most challenging aspect/moment/battle for you all as you have progressed through the game? What made it the most challenging and how did you overcome this? 

Personally for me, I think the most frustrated I became with the game was back in like episode 15 or 16, when the game ended after beating Ciel. This was my first playthough on my old computer which died on me so I have since restarted and beaten episode 18, but anyways I had made it through the game without really focusing on a rotation and my overall team was lackluster at best. I had Torterra, Magcargo, Noctowl, Seaking, Venomoth, and Exploud. Let me tell you I was stuck on Ciel for like a month straight! I did eventually beat her, but when my computer died on me and I got a new laptop, I knew that I would have to face her again in my next playthough. That being said, I focused so much on assembling the perfect Pokemon to stop her throughout the game and upon reaching her, won first try! Definitely a proud moment for myself!

Lets hear your stories to give some hope to those who have been stuck on the same battle for hours and want to tear their hair out!

I believe that my hardest challenge was beating ice gym leader serra in episode 18.The compination of aurora veil and attacks missing resulting in me tking damage from mirror shattered was a pain.And also that flostlass...I missed like 10 consecutive attacks on it. So frustrating but i finally manage to beat her.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AntonyJr said:

I believe that my hardest challenge was beating ice gym leader serra in episode 18.The compination of aurora veil and attacks missing resulting in me tking damage from mirror shattered was a pain.And also that flostlass...I missed like 10 consecutive attacks on it. So frustrating but i finally manage to beat her.

Mine's also Serra, but in Reborn Redux. Instead of Mirror Arena, it's Glitch Field. And it's Master battle. That combined with all of her mons (imo) are straight up maxed out hax gave me one of the biggest suffering in my playthrough. Took me like 50x loses ( i relied on RNG, sadly ) before i finally defeated her.

Well, I did two runs of Reborn, basically I started a new one few months ago, after a year long break, because battles in Glass Factory destroyed me and I lost all enthusiasm to play game. So, I started again, this time paid attention to IV, Natures, planned battles and.. actually I wiped out Glass Factory on the first try. So, for the toughest challenge in both playthroughs I'll definitelly go with Fiore Mansion battles. Three double battles without saving.. And you're doing it all with partner, so only control half of the pokemons.. I really hated that part 😛

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sithlordnergal said:

Why would you do that to yourself? I'm all for challenges but that seems excessive.

I also like challenges, so I decided to complete the game with only steel types (except for the first gym, since you don't have any steel types at that time). Steel is my favorite type and everything went quite well up to Charlotte. But then it got really hard, especially since I missed some important members like Probopass and other good pokemon like Excadrill were not available at that moment. Beating Charlotte with my MonoSteel team is the hardest battle I've ever done.

Nice to know: I also did a MonoIce run and that was the easiest Charlotte-battle of all my runs. It's almost like she has an Ice-type weakness or something like that. I could easily destroy the field en with some Thick Fat pokemon I managed to beat her in one time.

• Like 1