Rate My Reborn Team Please

jbastian1

I finished Episode 18 and I was curious what you all thought of my team! Moving forward with speculation for Episode 19, let me know what you think of my team as well as any recommendations or tips you may have. Thanks!

Aerodactyl: Lvl 93, Jolly

Ability: Pressure

Holding: Aerodactylite

Rock Slide

Fly

Iron Head

Thunder Fang

Kingdra: Lvl 91, Bashful

Ability: Swift Swim/Sniper (Depends on what's needed)

Holding: Leftovers

Dragon Dance

Outrage

Waterfall/Dive (just depends on the situation and terrain)

Surf

Magnezone: Lvl 90, Bold

Ability: Sturdy

Holding: Metal Coat

Flash Cannon

Metal Sound

Magnet Rise

Discharge

Hippowdon: Lvl 90, Hardy

Ability: Sand Stream

Holding: Smooth Rock

Stealth Rock

Earthquake

Fissure (Plan on removing, just don't know what I want as of yet)

Crunch

Salazzle: Lvl 87, Modest- NOTE: This one is kind of a floater on my team. She is awesome in a lot of ways, but definitely doesn't feel like she holds her own as much as the rest of the team.

Ability: Corrosion

Holding: Black Sludge

Sludge Wave

Flame Thrower

Nasty Plot

Dragon Pulse

Weavile: Lvl 85, Adamant

Ability: Pressure

Holding: Expert Belt

Ice Punch

Night Slash

Brick Break

Knock Off 

As I said, any tips/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I have a good grasp of the game mechanics and competitive play as well. I have other Pokemon in rotation: Vivillon, Galvantula, Escavalier, Heracross, Hawlucha, Rapidash, Roserade, Rhyperior, Trevenant, Tentacruel, Solrock, Altaria, Exeggutor, Garchomp, Haxorus, Alakazam, Metagross, and Aromatisse to name a few. I have an entire box full dedicated to my rotation, I just did not think it necessary to add all of the descriptions for them as I have my main team. 

Thanks again!

Edited by jbastian1

I feel like the final gym will be a cakewalk moving forward tbh. I'm sure there will be those exploits that the gym leaders have, but between my Weavile and Dragon Dance Kingdra, idk if ill have too much trouble with a Dragon team. This is probably my famous last words here and Ame is going to wreck me with whatever the gym leaders name is, but like if I need it, I have enough in rotation to put together a Dragonslaying team I would say!

I'd probably swap the Salazzle and Weavile's natures to Timid and Jolly respectively unless you've bred them for near flawless IVs and EV trained them. They're both frail, glass cannons, and with how battling in Reborn is, they need to outside everything or else they could be one shot.

Also, Saphira is the final gym leader, unless something changes :^ You've met her already, we just don't know how things will play out with the story.

10 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I'd probably swap the Salazzle and Weavile's natures to Timid and Jolly respectively unless you've bred them for near flawless IVs and EV trained them. They're both frail, glass cannons, and with how battling in Reborn is, they need to outside everything or else they could be one shot.

Also, Saphira is the final gym leader, unless something changes :^ You've met her already, we just don't know how things will play out with the story.

19 hours ago, Lunala506 said:

Any Fairy types?

So Vinnie, I am fully aware of the usefulness of their speed, especially being a sweeper. Honestly though, for Reborn, I find that having the higher Attack and Special Attack for Salazzle and Weavile respectively is better. They aren't outsped by much in general, the only ways they tend to be outsped is when I am facing something with a Choice Scarf on, but the slight boost to speed from being Jolly or Timid while it can be clutch in some cases, doesn't actually stand up to the scarf. That being said, I opted for the heavier attacks. In regards to the final Gym, I couldnt remember whether it was Heather or Saphira. Also storymode wise we could get multiple similar to how we had to fight multiple poison leaders. 

Now Lunala506, I don't currently run with any Fairy pokemon on my main team, although I keep some in my rotation. I have a lvl 90 Aromatisse, lvl 86 Shiinotic, and a lvl 89 Wigglytuff for example. I am also working on evolving my Raltz to Gardevoire, plus I could Mega Evolve my lvl 90 Altaria. I also plan to evolve up my Togepi as well as my Popplio.

• Upvote 1