Reborn Maps & Puzzle Solutions

Vinnie

I have 2 things to note for you:

First thing would be you missed the egg from the obsidia slums in your list of eggs. It's the one that contains Drowzee, Bronzor, Ducklett or Cacnea.

Second thing would be that you can't get Vullaby from the mystery egg that you get from the police station. Since i have been taking notes for myself for some time now i looked up the official EP18 Location Spreadsheet and it says Vullaby is not in that egg.

• Upvote 1

On 9/24/2019 at 3:29 AM, ShogokiX said:

I have 2 things to note for you:

First thing would be you missed the egg from the obsidia slums in your list of eggs. It's the one that contains Drowzee, Bronzor, Ducklett or Cacnea.

Second thing would be that you can't get Vullaby from the mystery egg that you get from the police station. Since i have been taking notes for myself for some time now i looked up the official EP18 Location Spreadsheet and it says Vullaby is not in that egg.

I'll jump on that in a bit then. And yeah, I completely forgot the egg in the slums it was one of the easier lists to remember, but I'll fix something up for that too. 

Edit: The corrections are done!

On 9/24/2019 at 4:29 PM, zaqrwe said:

Wow, this is wonderful work, and the things I appreciate the most are Circus puzzle screenshots, I remember strugglig with it so much without having full image of what it supposed to look like 🙂

Yeah, it can be annoying trying to solve those without having the full picture. I also added a link to a strategy guide for the Conkeldurr puzzle, since that ones a tiny bit different. 

Since you added the tile puzzles for the different puzzles on Agathe Circus, would you also consider adding the puzzles from Obsidias Sweet Kiss Candy Shop (Swirlix) and Lapis Sweet Scent Flower Shop (Spritzee)?

And for completions sake, since you have the devon corp in here, maybe even the magic square puzzle solution?

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2019 at 9:06 AM, ShogokiX said:

Since you added the tile puzzles for the different puzzles on Agathe Circus, would you also consider adding the puzzles from Obsidias Sweet Kiss Candy Shop (Swirlix) and Lapis Sweet Scent Flower Shop (Spritzee)?

And for completions sake, since you have the devon corp in here, maybe even the magic square puzzle solution?

Yeah, I'll dig those out. I'm pretty sure I have them somewhere, I just forgot. 

And I could. It just feels weird because I only have one set of directions. I think there's about 6 different sets of directions  you could have from start to finish though? I'll link the different strategy guides I know of though.

15 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Yeah, I'll dig those out. I'm pretty sure I have them somewhere, I just forgot. 

And I could. It just feels weird because I only have one set of directions. I think there's about 6 different sets of directions  you could have from start to finish though? I'll link the different strategy guides I know of though.

It's probably fine to just make instructions that will solve it for one solution. Other puzzles have multiple solutions (like the third Calcenon gym one) but i would imagine most people using this resource just want to get through them

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Paperblade said:

It's probably fine to just make instructions that will solve it for one solution. Other puzzles have multiple solutions (like the third Calcenon gym one) but i would imagine most people using this resource just want to get through them

It's different for the Magic Square. You have the same solution every time, but different starting points. Lots of people would need different solutions that I kinda lack at the moment. 

59 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

It's different for the Magic Square. You have the same solution every time, but different starting points. Lots of people would need different solutions that I kinda lack at the moment. 

I'm looking at the code, and apparently we are both right/wrong. The start is predetermined, but there are two unique ones, based on whether or not Saphira was abducted in Tanzan Cove.

If Saphira is abducted, it should start as:

629   475
134   829
578   316

Otherwise you get:

496   125
583   779
241   638

Here is a solution for the second one:

Spoiler

Right Column 1 Down
Row 2 right
Row 2 right
Row 1 Right
Row 1 Right
Left Column 3 Up
Row 1 Right
Row 1 Right
Right Column 2 Down
Row 1 Left
Right Column 1 Down
Right Column 1 Down
Row 1 Left
Right Column 1 Up
Row 1 Right
Right Column 1 Up
Left Column 3 Up
Row 3 Left
Left Column 3 Down
Row 3 Right
Left Column 2 Down
Row 1 Left
Row 1 Left
Left Column 2 Up
Row 1 Right
Row 1 Right

At this point, your squares should look like:
648 276
791 951
235 438

Row 3 Left
Row 3 Left
Left Column 1 Up
Row 3 Right
Row 3 Right
Row 2 Left
Row 2 Left
Left Column 1 Down
Row 2 Right
Row 2 Right
Left Column 1 Down
Row 1 Left
Row 1 Left
Left Column 1 Up
Row 1 Right
Row 1 Right
Left Column 2 Up
Left Column 1 Up
Row 2 Left
Left Column 1 Down
Row 2 Right
Row 3 Left
Left Column 1 Up
Row 3 Right
Left Column 1 Up

Done

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Paperblade said:

I'm looking at the code, and apparently we are both right/wrong. The start is predetermined, but there are two unique ones, based on whether or not Saphira was abducted in Tanzan Cove.

629   475
134   829
578   316

Otherwise you get:

496   125
583   779
241   638

Hide contents

Right Column 1 Down
Row 2 right
Row 2 right
Row 1 Right
Row 1 Right
Left Column 3 Up
Row 1 Right
Row 1 Right
Right Column 2 Down
Row 1 Left
Right Column 1 Down
Right Column 1 Down
Row 1 Left
Right Column 1 Up
Row 1 Right
Right Column 1 Up
Left Column 3 Up
Row 3 Left
Left Column 3 Down
Row 3 Right
Left Column 2 Down
Row 1 Left
Row 1 Left
Left Column 2 Up
Row 1 Right
Row 1 Right

648 276
791 951
235 438

Row 3 Left
Row 3 Left
Left Column 1 Up
Row 3 Right
Row 3 Right
Row 2 Left
Row 2 Left
Left Column 1 Down
Row 2 Right
Row 2 Right
Left Column 1 Down
Row 1 Left
Row 1 Left
Left Column 1 Up
Row 1 Right
Row 1 Right
Left Column 2 Up
Left Column 1 Up
Row 2 Left
Left Column 1 Down
Row 2 Right
Row 3 Left
Left Column 1 Up
Row 3 Right
Left Column 1 Up

Done

Uh, interesting reason for the change lol.

• Upvote 1

On 9/28/2019 at 6:10 PM, Paperblade said:

629   475
134   829
578   316

Otherwise you get:

496   125
583   779
241   638

Hide contents

Right Column 1 Down
Row 2 right
Row 2 right
Row 1 Right
Row 1 Right
Left Column 3 Up
Row 1 Right
Row 1 Right
Right Column 2 Down
Row 1 Left
Right Column 1 Down
Right Column 1 Down
Row 1 Left
Right Column 1 Up
Row 1 Right
Right Column 1 Up
Left Column 3 Up
Row 3 Left
Left Column 3 Down
Row 3 Right
Left Column 2 Down
Row 1 Left
Row 1 Left
Left Column 2 Up
Row 1 Right
Row 1 Right

648 276
791 951
235 438

Row 3 Left
Row 3 Left
Left Column 1 Up
Row 3 Right
Row 3 Right
Row 2 Left
Row 2 Left
Left Column 1 Down
Row 2 Right
Row 2 Right
Left Column 1 Down
Row 1 Left
Row 1 Left
Left Column 1 Up
Row 1 Right
Row 1 Right
Left Column 2 Up
Left Column 1 Up
Row 2 Left
Left Column 1 Down
Row 2 Right
Row 3 Left
Left Column 1 Up
Row 3 Right
Left Column 1 Up

Done

Yeah I wasn't aware of that. I imagine it's because whenever people ask for help they tend to post the parts they get stuck at that I thought there was multiple combos. I have the same solution as you do, but I like the way you wrote it out, so I'll add that. 

19 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Yeah I wasn't aware of that. I imagine it's because whenever people ask for help they tend to post the parts they get stuck at that I thought there was multiple combos. I have the same solution as you do, but I like the way you wrote it out, so I'll add that. 

I wasn't aware either until I looked it up, I had assumed it was just one

Unrelated, but I also have an imgur album with all of the Adrienn volunteer locations with short descriptions of where they are. The screenshots are taken with the person already recruited: https://imgur.com/a/UDjeB

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paperblade said:

I wasn't aware either until I looked it up, I had assumed it was just one

Unrelated, but I also have an imgur album with all of the Adrienn volunteer locations with short descriptions of where they are. The screenshots are taken with the person already recruited: https://imgur.com/a/UDjeB

Ooh that's a nice one! Didn't think of that, but I'll slide those in.

I most likely have an archived save file that's close to that point, so when I get time I'll even go back through it and screenshot the spots with the actual npcs too.

• 3 months later...

@Vinnie
Thanks for this post! I have a contribution for the list. I was working out the fastest way through the Once upon a Somewhere area for the Speedrun, so I first mapped out the area and analysed the mechanics. 

The basic idea is that you start somewhere (x) on location or map 1. 

You can move in any direction. At some point point you will cross over from map 1 to map 2. 

Map 1 and map 2 are actually identical to each other, except you will notice that when you go back from map 2 to map 1, the entrance point you arrived at has disappeared. 

From map 2 you can go in any direction again to get to map 3. 

Map 3 will have no entrance or exit point either. 

Go from map 3 to map 4 and you will find the exit point. 

If you are on your bike, you will know when you transfer from a map to another map when the bike music resets to the normal music played in the area. 

I tried to represent this graphically:

Spoiler

08PFC8F.png

Edit: to add on this, I did not draw all possibilities, just enough to get the idea. There are more routes you can take, you can left too. 

You can advantage of this by simply crossing the nearest line 5 times: (not sure if intended but it works :3)

Not sure why you have to cross 5 times here, I assume it's because otherwise the game doesn't have enough time to load the staircase (since you arrive at the location where the stairs should be)

Spoiler

IyZ9gHc.png

E2: here's a video on it as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GagayCZM3Fg&feature=youtu.be

• Upvote 1

On 1/3/2020 at 2:47 PM, Arkadius said:

@Vinnie
Thanks for this post! I have a contribution for the list. I was working out the fastest way through the Once upon a Somewhere area for the Speedrun, so I first mapped out the area and analysed the mechanics. 

The basic idea is that you start somewhere (x) on location or map 1. 

You can move in any direction. At some point point you will cross over from map 1 to map 2. 

Map 1 and map 2 are actually identical to each other, except you will notice that when you go back from map 2 to map 1, the entrance point you arrived at has disappeared. 

From map 2 you can go in any direction again to get to map 3. 

Map 3 will have no entrance or exit point either. 

Go from map 3 to map 4 and you will find the exit point. 

If you are on your bike, you will know when you transfer from a map to another map when the bike music resets to the normal music played in the area. 

I tried to represent this graphically:

Reveal hidden contents

08PFC8F.png

Edit: to add on this, I did not draw all possibilities, just enough to get the idea. There are more routes you can take, you can left too. 

You can advantage of this by simply crossing the nearest line 5 times: (not sure if intended but it works :3)

Not sure why you have to cross 5 times here, I assume it's because otherwise the game doesn't have enough time to load the staircase (since you arrive at the location where the stairs should be)

Hide contents

IyZ9gHc.png

E2: here's a video on it as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GagayCZM3Fg&feature=youtu.be

I'll add the last screenshot, and list it as a Once Upon a Somewhere Shortcut perhaps?

• 1 month later...

@Vinnie I found a Youtube video made by @andracass about the solution of the Magic Square Puzzle if Saphira is abducted. Refer to the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lh4FWEET_4

I went step by step and wrote down the steps to get the solution. Please add it to the solutions tab at the beginning.

Pokemon Reborn Hard Magic Square Puzzle Solution

You will see 4 letter/numbers for each step X: XXX

1st X number refers to the 3 monitors:

·  C : center monitor (only moves the rows left or right) 

·  L: left Monitor (only moves the columns of the left monitor up or down)

·  R: Right Monitor (only moves the columns of the right monitor up or down)

2nd X number refers to either C or R

·   C : for Column (only applies to left (L) or (R) monitors)

·   R: for Row (only applies to center (C) monitor)

3rd X number refers to either row/column:

·   1: for first row/column

·   2: for second row/column

·   3: for third row/column

4th X number refers the movement of the row/column

·   L: for moving the row to the left

·   R: for moving the row to the right

·   U: for moving the column up

·   D : for moving the row down

EXAMPLE:   C R2R means Center Monitor, Row #2, Right.

BEGIN:

C : R2R

L: C2U

L: C3D

C : R2L

R: C2U

R: C3U

1st break: After these 9 movements it should look like this:

911645068_1stLeft.png.1f5bbe9139154cfbb1ebf2e6ecc27d34.png             1628808878_1srRight.png.93a89652649d73ef42a5a24bb4760324.png

C : R3R

L: C2U

L: C2D

R: C1U

R: C1D

2nd break: After these 19 movements it should look like this:

134479020_2ndLeft.png.a3745e8d3e5f15dd199bbab287d183a2.png           2035883696_2ndRight.png.d878e559b7a2e63f3e8dad61aaba2ddf.png

C : R3L

R: C3D

R: C2U

R: C2D

3rd break: After these 41 movements it should look like this:

1792296755_3rdLeft.png.d2468504a02b36667410ceda7293e0df.png             1965339956_3rdRight.png.6804f73bf90b4e52852d4901cc3dcf05.png

4th break: After these 58 movements it should look like this:

842091605_4thLeft.png.e22128a400704f30bc52ed6fd552654e.png             1432629034_4thRight.png.da1d8b3b710b56547865ce62d66955c0.png

5th and final break: After these 72 movements it should look like this:

1139197245_5thLeft.png.e4d1dc6deb081611b37abc87cdd1617f.png          1712972994_5thRight.png.a91b76ca453112032b4fac7e86f75ed8.png

AFTER 76 MOVEMENTS WE ARE DONE!!!!

Password: I don't know if it changes per save file, but this was mine (Spoilers)

Spoiler

EDIT: IT CHANGED ALL THE C : (together) as an EMOJI 🤦‍♂️ - 

EDIT EDIT: corrected them!

Edited by kingjrcasanova
Corrected the emojis
  • Upvote 1

Indeed, for that instance (that in the linked video of Andracass) of the Devon Square Puzzle, there is a shorter (18-move) solution: 

First we start with the first square which is 

Column 3 Down #make the W-E and NW-SE sums correct

Line 3 Right

Column 2 Up

Line 3 Left #we permute the 2,3,5 so that we get a magic square

Now the left square is good:

Now onto the right square, which is originally 

First step is doing: 

Column 5 Up

Line 1 Left

Column 5 Down

Line 1 Right

and the right square is 

We're nearly done, all we have to do is switch 2 and 9. Except that for mathematical reasons it's impossible to do without messing up the left square. There's probably a more elegant way to complete the puzzle, but actually we switch two pairs: 2 and 9 as well as 3 and 7, which then becomes possible. 

Line 3 Right

Line 3 Right

Column 6 Down

Line 3 Left

Line 3 Left #permute "downwards" 7,9,3

We get: 

Line 2 Left

Line 3 Right

Column 5 Down

Line 3 Left

Line 2 Right  #permute "downwards" the displaced 2,7,9

And that's it. As promised, the 18-move solution:

638    493

159    852

274    716

And a shorter (19-move) solution to the other version of the puzzle as well. I haven't tested them in-game because I don't have a savefile that advanced, but they satisfy all the rules so they should be good. 

It's slightly trickier than the other one, because the squares aren't each stand-alone, so we have to make them so. 

The starting position is 

496    125

583    779

241    638

Line 1 Right

Line 1 Right

Column 2 Down

Line 1 Left

Line 1 Left

We get:

496    124

553    779

281    638

Column 3 Up

Column 1 Up

Line 2 Right

Column 2 Down 

Line 2 Left

We get: 

583    124

951    779

426    638

Line 2 Right

Line 2 Right

Column 1 Down

Line 2 Left

Line 2 Left

We get: 

483    124

951    759

726    638

Again, the left square is done and to complete the right one, all we need is permute 2,1,7. 

Line 1 Left

Column 4 Up

Line 1 Right # permute "upwards" 2,7,6

Column 4 Down #permute "downwards" 1,6,2

and we are done in 19 moves. 

The things I'm willing to do to procrastinate...

Edited by Mindlack
  • Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 12:19 PM, AxelRod45 said:

Could you include the solution for how to get out of the Pokemon prison in the Blacksteam Factory's basement?

Yeah sure. It won't be anything flashy(for now) but I'll put that, the solution for grabbing the rare candy, and grabbing Ditto up there.

Edit: It's done.

• 4 months later...

Hey man, I can't thank you enough for this. I was having trouble following my sketches for Azurine Lake Underwater Towns.

But:

Spoiler

I see you don't mention the 4th town Faeward. Not much to do there now, but will definitely be important in the final episode, having a locked house itself. Maybe it's worth at least mentioning it.

Either way, you are a life saver for people like me, who uses Itemfinder on every inch of every map.

• Upvote 1