[Answered] Nidoran or Shinx?

Icecream Samwich

7 hours ago, Icecream Samwich said:

I decided to save up coins in the game corner and  I was able to get enough for either a Nidoran or a Shinx,  and ive been having some trouble deciding which one i should get, which should I get and why?

I’d personally go for Shinx. There are opportunities later on for you to get Nidoran (not fully sure where though I can’t remember)

• Upvote 1

You can get Nidorina with Corey's Ring in the Beryl Cave, then male and female Nidorans in the Wasterland caves. And you can't get Shinx anywhere, so it is better choice than Nidoran. Especialy, because later you'll need one Luxray to get Type Null.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, zaqrwe said:

You can get Nidorina with Corey's Ring in the Beryl Cave, then male and female Nidorans in the Wasterland caves. And you can't get Shinx anywhere, so it is better choice than Nidoran. Especialy, because later you'll need one Luxray to get Type Null.

Yeah I didn't wanna mention the whole Corey thing cos might be a spoiler for OP

Honestly, I’d say it depends on your team and what you want. I’ve never needed a Luxray and have personally found much better electric type alternatives: Magnezone, Ampharos, Galvantula to name a few. Nidoking/queen can utterly wreck and are pretty awesome throughout the game with their dual typing. Personally I think a Nido is a far better investment even though you can get one later on. You can always come back later and buy Shinx if you’re a dex completionist