A theory about Pokémon Rejuvenation: Part 1

Hycrox

So I have finally finished V12 of Pokémon Rejuvenation. Gotta say, this was an extremely wild ride. Since I’m done with it, it seems perfectly fitting for me to share with you one of my theories again! Although, this time it’s a bit different.

Both of my previous theories were about Reborn, and focused on a certain aspect of the game. The first one was about Lin, the second one was about Arceus mostly. In this one, however, I’ll attempt to go over the whole game, meaning: this theory is meant to go over Pokémon Rejuvenation as a whole. Every character, every reality, every sidequest: All should conform within this thesis.

Bear in mind, that, due to the nature of this theory, I’ll have to split this one theory in different parts.

So, if you played Rejuvenation up to the end of V12, you know there’s a LOT to cover. So… may be better to start from the beginning:

Spoiler

23ce4556715d66950968be29a591acbd.png

Nope, not that beginning

Spoiler

afd4037f3e0245c02440c45b7de63553.png

There you go. So, this is a story, all about how, the world as we know it turned upside down came to be. It’s told to us by Nymiera, the leader of the Protectors of Aevium, and a very important character in the game. I’ll give you the abridged version, since the original is very very long:

In the beginning, there was only one immensely powerful deity. It was alone, so it created a man and a woman, and bestowed intelligence and free will upon them. After that, the deity created beings that would be equals with the man and the woman: Pokémon. They, as you know, had a grand variety of abilities. The woman welcomed them, the man… not so much. He protested to the deity, but to no avail. He then left it, and the woman. Not long after, an inconvenient meteor split the deity into three. One was dragged away by the meteor. Another one perished. The remaining entity is what we know as Arceus. Fearing for his children, Arceus transformed itself into an almighty object known as The Archetype, that makes its owner capable of bending the world to their will. The man and the woman sealed it away, to avoid the chaos that would ensue from its use. Well that didn’t last long, since the man wanted to use the power. So a feud started between him and the woman, which spiralled into the first Pokémon war. Other nations started knowing about the Archetype, so more wars were created, till the world was nothing but war. This took a toll on the woman, and she made a wish to the Archetype: to end the war. But it backfired and it made humans more powerful than Pokémon. Her son died in the war as a result, but just as she was giving up, the tall guy from X/Y did his thing and ended it all.

Spoiler

250px-Ultimate_Weapon.png

top 10 anime ultimate weapons

So, this very obviously alludes to the story of Adam and Eve, still believed by many to be the true story of the origin of our world. Slightly modified tho. That’s pretty wild, if you ask me. Anyway, that’s the story of the origin of the Rejuv world canonically. Purely born from creation. Naturally, many theories were born from this story. Mostly involving Nymiera, Vitus, and of course, Melia. Let’s talk about Melia for a bit, can’t have anything Rejuvenation-related without her, after all.

So Melia is one of the main characters in the game, the soon-to-be Normal leader turned time ranger. With time, we uncovered quite a bit about her: she has her shiny powers, along with some ambiguously defined light powers, and she’s one of the 4 brothers of light: her, Erin, Alice and Allen. Well technically she has one more brother, Zetta. She was adopted by Prof. Jenner early on, who was a part of Team Xen. The plan was to give Melia to Team Xen once she was old, but Jenner got attached. And, well, you know the rest. In spite of her powers, she’s been in need of rescue from the player character several times, as a damsel in distress. She’s far from alone there though lol. The damsel in distress is a pretty common situation honestly, and sometimes it just seems like it repeats itself. Maybe that’s a sign of something. But back to Melia: She’s usually either the center, or the reason (or at least one of the reasons) behind whatever’s happening in the plot. All just seems to have some connection to her, as the universe itself is made to do so. Her most impressive field is, by far, totalling a Yveltal with… I’m not really sure how, really. She did this in the bad future arc. Conveniently, against an evil version of herself, that later graduated to be a part of her.

Spoiler

fd19bd2d07305c23d9861e61e8bc31a3.gif

hax

Actually let’s talk about Team Xen for a while. The main antagonist group, with many recognizable characters. I’m mainly focusing on the upper echelons. And I mean UPPER echelons. So, Team Xen’s leader, Madame X, and her two loyal known goons high ranking officers: Kieran and Freya. Let’s start with Madame X: Her whole identity is unknown. Her motivations, her ideals, and naturally her face, are still a mystery (except for some). What is known, however, is that she’s an extremely powerful entity. I mean, she has Yveltal, the embodiment of death, as her pet, after all. She is also a very skilled swordswoman, as shown in the bad future arc, where she cuts down most of the crewmen on the ship the plot was happening on. Also, she’s present in the very first scene of the game, where she tells Melia Marianette Maria, the child who saw her breaking in and entering, to go check on her parents in the basement. She also tells Maria not to lose hope, which seems a bit weird when you consider almost everything else she does in the game. Another noteworthy moment is when she saves the player character from destruction in the first past arc; She lets him try to stop the disaster in Gearen City as often as possible (though you should really only need 2 tries). That’s a bit more weird when you consider she tried to murder you in the Blacksteeple Castle. As a character, she seems to be more of an unwavering warrior with great power, fighting alone for her convictions. When I say alone, I mean without anyone knowing of her true convictions, not even Kieran or Freya probably. She still commands Team Xen, after all.

Now, onto the others. Not much is known about Kieran, besides the fact that he can travel through time, and is an excellent surfboarder. Honestly I’m more interested in Freya. So, she didn’t have much of a role in the main game yet, but, if you played Where Love Lies, you’ll see she does a lot of backstage work. As in, literally making the stage. She can create large scale illusions, with the help of her signature Pokémon, Beheeyem. She does this namely in the Eclysia Pyramid standoff between you, Melia and Aelita, and her, Kieran and Madame X, where she tricks you into thinking you’re fighting her and Kieran, while you’re actually on her side, fighting Aelita and Melia. She also does this in Where Love Lies, being the reason for pretty much everything important that happened in Keta’s life.

Spoiler

vsTrainer154.png.8f1be9dc3836702ee70bc748ed3e1906.png

bitchass

This is an extremely good power, which adds even more mystery to Madame X, considering she’s Freya’s superior. One would suppose X has more power than Freya. But is that really how it is?

Of course, I can’t forget that Madame X is somehow more powerful than the Yveltal she owns. But, that seems a bit too far fetched to believe in, really. Same with Melia’s powers, especially in their visual manifestations, and even whole segments of the story, like the bad future arc. So this has me asking: Just how much of this world is real, and how much is an illusion, a fabrication?

Of course, can’t go into this sort of subject without talking about Crescent. She’s been, in a way, removed from recent events, as she hasn’t popped up ever since the Valor Mountain incident. Well, Nim/Lorna came up, and was the culprit behind the stoningTM of Grand Dream City, and attempted to do the same to the player, Ren and Aelita. She’s doing this because she’s been brainwashed by Crescent, who saved her just like she did the player. But back to Crescent: she seems to have a great deal of power, as she easily reverted Zetta to a Solosis, and split Geara apart. Her signature pokémon is Gothitelle. I’ve done some research on Gothitelle, and I’ve found a very interesting Pokédex entry for it, in the least likely of places: the Pokémon anime. Here’s the entry in question:

Spoiler

e4ecfa20a8de421bfaf2a9b82365b614.png

So, Gothitelle also has the power to warp reality. At this point, I’d say most, if not all of the action in Rejuvenation may just occur on a conceptual level. With these powers at hand, it’d be fairly easy to assume the world as we experience it is completely artificial. Considering the story of the world’s creation, this could just be the great deity’s play, with beings like Crescent and Freya as its proxies. Following this theory, I’d attribute their great divergence in ideals to them likely being distant enough from the creator deity that they started becoming more and more different from each other, and even from other possible proxies of the deity.

Now, let’s assume the train of thought that the Rejuvenation universe is an illusion in its entirety. A machination of the great deity. Then we’ve got some very important questions to answer:

• Are there instances where the illusion breaks?
  • What is the purpose of this illusion?
  • There are a lot, and really a LOT of characters in this game. Are they all completely fake, or just transformed versions of their true selves? Or is it case by case?
  • And most importantly… What is the “reality” of this world?

I promise to answer all of these questions, but this is already pretty long, so I’ll continue this in a different thread, within a week. See ya in part 2.

• Like 4

Cool teory, reminds me of Hello Charlotte game series, where world was just a reflection of psyche of a person that died in real world

In such reality pretty much of things were like in the real world, there were people from real world, but their personalities, along with everything else in that world was not like it is in real, but like the person, whose mind that world reflects felt it, thought of it

And there also was people who not present in real world, but where in person's mind (a character, that person came up with, along with persons tulpa, etc.)

(Excuse me, if ive made mistakes xd)

I think Crescent is Cresseila and that is where her power come from, people in here have already been shown as pokemon, like the time_space_anti-matter trio. And remember Diva Risa, her tuff-puff clearly is not what it's seem. It has same stat as Freya's Naganadel and guess who has illusion power. So in short, my theory is surf-board man and Freya/Risa belong to another faction from another dimension like the Ultra beast, i doubt they are friend with madame X but more like temp partner

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...