Think I may have messed up

atem_akanaten99

Hey y'all,

Pokemon Reborn will always hold a special place in my heart for providing me a challenge that the official games never could. Back in 2017 I made my first attempt at a playthrough and got stuck at Aya's gym. After a few years I have come back and pushed past that previous barrier that I couldn't before, and I thought I would be more or less smooth sailing for a while, but now I've come to a new roadblock, and that is fighting Sirius in the Mansion. 

My current team may not be the best suited for this endeavor, With a Blaziken, Aggron, Golem, Magneton, Piloswine, and a Druddigon by my side I can power through enough to get to his Chandelure, but that's when things go south for me. 

Unfortunately I am kinda stuck, not really able to grind effectively to improve my team and with no revives this is indeed the toughest challenge so far Reborn has given me. So if anyone has any ideas or tips for me that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you all.

1 hour ago, atem_akanaten99 said:

Blaziken, Aggron, Golem, Magneton, Piloswine,

Maybe if you give us the move sets and ability of each, we can help you 🙂 I think blaziken and magneton are two of the most commonly used in Reborn due to their usefulness in many of the battles, so they're bound to have something under their sleeve hehe

2 hours ago, Candy said:

Maybe if you give us the move sets and ability of each, we can help you 🙂 I think blaziken and magneton are two of the most commonly used in Reborn due to their usefulness in many of the battles, so they're bound to have something under their sleeve hehe

Here's a list of their move sets and abilities, I also included their hold items as well

Blaziken: Blaze, Holding Black Belt

Flame Charge, Rock Smash, Blaze Kick, Bulk Up.

Magneton: Sturdy, Holding Quick Claw

Lock-In, Magnet Rise, Charge Beam, Zap Cannon

Golem: Sturdy, Holding Stone Plate

Earthquake, Explosion, Double-Edge, Stone Edge

Druddigon: Mold Breaker

Revenge, Night Slash, Dragon Tail, Rock Climb

Piloswine: Thick Fat, Holding Never-Melt Ice

Mist, Thrash, Earthquake, Blizzard

Aggron: Sturdy, Holding Rock Incense

Metal Claw, Iron Defense, Rock Tomb, Rock Slide.

You can go back to Reborn City and evolve your Piloswine into Mamoswine if you found the key to the move relearner's house in the Onyx Ward. The key is in

Spoiler

one of the rooms in the Underground Railnet

If you need heart scales you can find them on Luvdisc which you can find in the lake outside of the mansion with a Good Rod. I suggest using one for Piloswine so it can relearn Ancient Power and evolve and using the other two on Blaziken so it can relearn Hi Jump Kick and Flare Blitz. Magneton would be better off with Discharge and Flash Cannon too. Try to keep Golem healthy, it should be able to take a move from Chandelure with Sturdy and kill it with Earthquake.

• Thanks 1

in the worst case scenario, I'd suggest that you use a back up save file to train up your pokemon and such.

however, if you have ability capsules, I think Speed Boost is a better ability for Blaziken.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Also, be cautious of fighting type moves. It seems like alot of your team would get pretty manhandled by fighting types. While your mons are great, you have a lot of type overlapping. Piloswine is Ice/Ground, Golem is Ground/Rock, Aggron is Steel/Rock, Magneton is Steel/Electric. Like there is a lot of type overlap here. I would consider, especially if you have been getting stumped on one trainer in particular that you try to cover your weaknesses a little better. For example, do you actually need Golem? You have Aggron for your Rock coverage already and Piloswine for Ground. Both having Golem at that point is kinda beating a dead horse. I would HIGHLY RECCOMMEND that you keep these mons in your rotation, leveling them up along with your main team for support, for instance when you go up against the Fire Gym or Flying Gym where your Rock pokemon would come in handy. It might be good to swap Golem out of the main crew though.

Considering where you are in the game alongside that lake, it might be worth catching something around there. Maybe get yourself a good Grass mon considering the Water, Ground, and Rock type gyms are still ahead of you. You can head back into Reborn city too and go to the Jasper Ward to get yourself a Pumpkaboo for a Gourgeist, that ghost typing can help too making you immune to Noel's normal attacks.. You could even get yourself a Shuppet for Bannette if you prefer that one since Mega-evolution is being incorporated. Either way, Gourgeist or Bannette would both offer some much needed Special Attackers for your team. Another great mon is Exeggutor, the Grass/Psychic or even Grass/Dragon depending on what you prefer/obtain is really great. They are both also pretty tanky. I keep an Exeggutor in my rotation and he saved me during the Rock gym. Additionally, you could go and get yourself Smoochum! Jynx is actually a great mon to have due to its high Special Attack and high Speed. It's a decent sweeper and even can be pretty technical as well being able to put the opponent to sleep or even confuse them too! Just a thought there. 

TBH, if you want a rock pokemon though, I would personally recommend getting a fossil pokemon (This may be something to consider for the future, because I don't remember when you get access to certain fossils/ the reviver at the museum in (I think) Spinel town. Personally, I used an Aerodactyl throughout the game and it utterly destroyed most anything it came into contact with especially once you can get Mega evolution. Tyrunt and Aurorus are great typing and stat wise. Archeops is similar to Aerodactyl- defeatist can make it wreck, but once weakened it starts to become weaker. Additionally, while it isn't a fossil, I know at some point in the game you can get Larvitar. It's always good to have a psuedo-legendary on your team. 

Also, not to rip apart your team too much, but the doubling up on the Steel type could get you into some trouble too down the line especially with the Ground gym. Magnezone is great, I actually run with one also and it has come in clutch and saved my ass more times that I can count. Magnet Rise and Flash Cannon are so useful. I love Aggron, he is actually one of my favorite pokemon, but for Reborn, I'm not sure he would be too necessary. Given the nature of your team and knowing what challenges lie ahead for you, I think you would also benefit from a Water type. You are right by a lake, try fishing around where you can, or maybe get an event pokemon from the ones available to you at the moment. It'll give you a lot of coverage moving forward. 

Sorry for the vomiting of information. I just love team building for this game. Lots of challenge throughout and it certainly forces you to expand your horizons and use things you normally wouldn't think to try!