Pokemon Reborn Map Properties

As I'm fiddling around with my own fangame, I'm noticing that making new maps is causing them to take on the properties of older maps. For example, Map ID:012 has a dark tint on the screen despite my trying to make it a basic outdoor area. I think Map ID:012 in Pokemon Reborn is a dark cave, and these properties are somewhere in the scripts.

I've checked the metadata and the PBS files but can't figure out where these settings are coming from. I assume they're somewhere in the actual Essentials Scripts, but I have no idea where to look for them. Does anyone here know where they are? Thanks!

There's nothing in the transition from map to map (done via map connection without any events) and it's consistently the map with ID:012 that has the tint. It's definitely being called from within one of the scripts but I can't figure it out.

Worst case scenario is that I just make dummy maps whenever I stumble onto one of the ones with tints active. It's not a big deal. I'll poke around in the PBS files and see if I'm overlooking something but if I'm not then I'll just deal with it.

Actually, I figured it out. The tint was tied to the area's battleback. I had no idea the battleback affected the overworld tint. That's cool.

I'm actually a complete idiot and just realized that the I left the Outdoor option in the town's metadata unchecked, which is what was causing the tint in the first place.

It's not the new map that was tinted: It was the old map that was untinted.

I am a genius with an IQ smaller than my shoe size.

Edited by princessyiris
me dumb