Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

No corey

Bloodraeyne

Question

8 answers to this question

The Beryl Ward section of the story has 2 different routes. Which route you get is determined solely by the question whether you found all 5 missing police officers before fighting Taka and ZEL in Beryl Ward or you failed to find them before that fight. The police officers are found in the Jasper Ward, Beryl Ward and Rhodochrine Jungle. After you defeat Taka and ZEL they will leave and the masked person who fought against Heather will flee, with Heather following him. If you manage to find all 5 police officers you will now see a scene where the police manages to capture the man who fled and it turns out the guy is Corey, the gym leader.

However, if you fail to find one or more police officers, the masked man escapes without ever being caught.

From what you described you got the route where Corey escaped without being caught, because you failed to find all 5 police offcers before fighting Taka and Zel. It doesn't matter though, since Corey will be inside his gym on both routes after that.

Also you might want to know that the upcoming gym battle will be a little different on both routes. Corey uses the same Pokémon, but they carry different items, some of them know different moves, and the field effect is a different one on both routes.

Other than that the story remains the same, just the dialogues with Corey will be a little different.

• Upvote 1

As the person above me stated, there's two different routes for the story at that point. Finding all 5 police officers will mean that Corey is unmasked after you defeat Zel+Taka, and not finding them means he will escape without being unmasked. 

However, I'd like to point out that it's really, really recommended that you find all 5 officers. There really isn't any trade-off when it comes to picking between these routes. Finding all 5 officers unlocks a lot of side content, while not finding them restricts that side content, and some of those restrictions will follow you even into the late game. 

8 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Finding all 5 officers unlocks a lot of side content, while not finding them restricts that side content, and some of those restrictions will follow you even into the late game. 

It does? Since i always pick the route where i find all 5 officers in time, what else does change? The things that i know of would be:

1.) You see a different scene after the Taka+ZEL battle

2.) The gym is a little different (dialogue, gym battle, you know the drill)

3.) The dialogue on Beryl Bridge after you beat the gym is a little different

4.) You need to find all 5 police officers to get Growlithe and the mystery egg from the police station

Am i missing something that happens somewhere later in the game?

13 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

It does? Since i always pick the route where i find all 5 officers in time, what else does change? The things that i know of would be:

4.) You need to find all 5 police officers to get Growlithe and the mystery egg from the police station

You can't reaccess the hole under the grand stairway freely, changes a couple relationship points with Heather as well, bike maybe as well?

8 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

I'm not too sure about this since I've never had a run where I ignore the officers get to the late game, but I believe that you can't complete the Corin Rogue quest if you haven't found all the police officers either. It'd make sense, and it's strongly hinted at by an npc who witnesses corin rogue stealing the pokemon from you in 7th street. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

wait are you SERIOUS??? I thought I found all of them when I found the one at the bottom of the hole, you're telling me I could have saved him?? dude I've come so far in the game, I don't want to reset but this sounds like I ruined most of the game and the side quest with the pokemon...   

I thought you had to get rid of the vines before you could get to the other side of the mansion...

Edited by Clutterfunky

On 9/4/2019 at 1:50 PM, Starry Knight said:

You can't reaccess the hole under the grand stairway freely, changes a couple relationship points with Heather as well, bike maybe as well?

wait, which route is this? because I can go freely down there and I apparently didn't find them all, also does that mean the little girl wouldn't have been killed too?

5 hours ago, Clutterfunky said:

wait, which route is this? because I can go freely down there and I apparently didn't find them all, also does that mean the little girl wouldn't have been killed too?

No, just a couple relationship points get missed in around Blake for a comment he says, doesn't change too much the only 3 things that change things enough to make a difference are battling taka, officers and who u battle at orphanage