Generation 8?!??!!?

Guest Relinquished

Guest Relinquished

Is this for real? Or an inside joke? The list in episode 13 development thread? Are we getting the new ones, next release come?

2 hours ago, reaper. said:

why are we even getting gen 8 in this update? we don't even have the full roster and by the time swsh comes out, development would be halfway complete.

SwSh comes out in less than 3 months. The normal dev time for a release of rejuv is around a year. The release time between v11 and v12 was incredibly short and should not be taken as the norm.

I think putting gen 8 itself can take longer than v13 content, considering that there is long list of things that go with that update, some of them being:

creating sprites, importing cries, coding the stats and movesets, deciding on which mon is gonna be in grass and which will be by events, as well as making events for these mons, updating teams of pretty much majority of trainers and maaaaany more.

If we can get v13 by next Summer/Autumn it will be nice, that's my guess.

• Upvote 1

Another thing to keep in mind is that they will likely also not be the only team working on this. I remember for gen 7 the reborn team was also working on the gen 7 pokemon and they collaborated with each other to get the task finished. So yes it will be a lot of work, but its more of a fan game community effort, not just a rejuvenation team effort. As Illumi mentioned, the larger effort is going to be updating the existing world with these new pokemon, not creating the assets themselves.

11 hours ago, Swampellow said:

SwSh comes out in less than 3 months. The normal dev time for a release of rejuv is around a year. The release time between v11 and v12 was incredibly short and should not be taken as the norm.

no. atmost its 6 months. v9-v12 in the last 2 years.

• Developers
22 hours ago, reaper. said:

why are we even getting gen 8 in this update? we don't even have the full roster and by the time swsh comes out, development would be halfway complete.

No one knows how long it will take to finish an episode but me. I decided to do it this version because I know what I'm up against in future versions. This version is the best time to do it. That's just it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3