Sword & Shield in Pokemon Reborn

princessyiris

I'm almost certain this has been asked a dozen times already but I didn't see any threads about it so whateva.

Are there any plans to implement Gen 8 Pokemon, items, mechanics, etc. into the final episode of Pokemon Reborn?

Obviously it's a bit early to give a solid yes given that the games aren't out yet, but it'd be good to know if there are no plans to implement them whatsoever, or if there are plans to include them if it's convenient enough to do so.

God knows I'm not looking forward to Sword & Shield so I'd be excited to use their mons in a better game, if you know what I'm saying. Having said that, if they weren't included at all, it wouldn't exactly be a huge loss.

There are absolutely no plans for such a thing in vanilla Reborn- it's been flat-out denied by the Devs. several times by now. It's a pretty reasonable decision- E19 has already taken over a year to get to its current status, and has barely scratched the surface with the post-game's progress. Adding a whole new Generation to the game would delay it even further, and most folk's would agree that about three years would be a bit too long a wait for the ending to come out.

That said, it is likely that a modder would create a third party patch to let them in once E19 is officially released, so that will likely be an available option regardless. It'll just take a little more patience to get access to compared to the rest of the game.

5 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

There are absolutely no plans for such a thing in vanilla Reborn- it's been flat-out denied by the Devs. several times by now. It's a pretty reasonable decision- E19 has already taken over a year to get to its current status, and has barely scratched the surface with the post-game's progress. Adding a whole new Generation to the game would delay it even further, and most folk's would agree that about three years would be a bit too long a wait for the ending to come out.

That said, it is likely that a modder would create a third party patch to let them in once E19 is officially released, so that will likely be an available option regardless. It'll just take a little more patience to get access to compared to the rest of the game.

I'm gonna be real honest with you here: that's probably not going to happen. There's too much work to the point it would be more damaging to the game than actually exciting. You need a programmer spending a good 2-3 weeks editing the scripts to work with Gen 8. That's IF we take what Rejuv does and transfer it over. And this is not some low tier noob stuff but stuff people actually have to know what they're doing to implement. Which boils down to someone like me taking time to do this and that just is not going to happen. And that's just getting it to work. Sure someone could make them all just wild mons but again, that's a waste of time.

There's nobody in the mod department that can actually do it. At best somebody will take a week and copy what Rejuv did and simply tack it on as a half made addition. No changes to the game other than adding some mons in the wild. But again, it does not really add any value and ultimately becomes a waste of time. Maybe Waynolt or Az or BlueTowel will hop in and prove me wrong, but I doubt it. It's just best to accept Gen 8 will not be in Reborn in some form. 

18 minutes ago, Commander said:

At best somebody will take a week and copy what Rejuv did and simply tack it on as a half made addition. No changes to the game other than adding some mons in the wild.

This sounds like the best possible outcome, to be honest. The only other "Gen 8 changes" I can think about are it-just-gets-bigger mode (Dynamax) and the culling. God knows I don't want the culling in Reborn.

8 hours ago, princessyiris said:

This sounds like the best possible outcome, to be honest. The only other "Gen 8 changes" I can think about are it-just-gets-bigger mode (Dynamax) and the culling. God knows I don't want the culling in Reborn.

I mean, Jan has no plans to code Dynamax in, so that's probably not happening period.

i could at least potentially see gen 8 changes to older pokemon (if any. do remember some pokes got new abilities and even in the case of pellipper a slight stat boost in gen 7) and maybe MAYBE at a stretch new items. but that one is a big maybe. probably not even.

35 minutes ago, Egzample said:

Honestly, so far I even dont want to get this stuff implemented. Honestly, are you guys excited about Dynamax, a.k.a. lazy-mega-evolutions?

If we're lucky maybe Limpdick Impidimp will get an evolution that isn't as offensively ugly. My only hope is that the new mons aren't a dumpster fire, but Game Freak will surely find a way to let me down.

33 minutes ago, princessyiris said:

If we're lucky maybe Limpdick Impidimp will get an evolution that isn't as offensively ugly. My only hope is that the new mons aren't a dumpster fire, but Game Freak will surely find a way to let me down.

To be honest, Impidimp is interesting, I cannot recall any outright demon pokemon. On the other hand, we have Alcremie, which is nothing more but a pile of cream that gigantamaxes into a huge cake. It beats Vanilluxe in terms of the most heinous designs. Unless we aim to open a pastry.

• 2 weeks later...