[Night 4] What Lurks Below 2

Alaris

@Newt the same applies to you. If you're puppeted, the only way to clarify is your vote. 

I propose a system.

Anyone who's puppeted will post their vote first, and then any messages they are forced to post.

The vote must be against themselves, and to disclose the Arms Trafficker.

They can always freely change their vote later.

So, Newt, tell us you're puppeted by voting against yourself. Just make sure to change it to whomever you wish to lynch before nightfall.

Sidenote: I have no conflict of interest to declare. The arms trafficker has been chosen by RNGesus. 

It had to be a town-role, in case we end up with a mafia-ability that can end the day early, and somehow force us to disclose a mafia role a 2nd time.

2 hours ago, CrimsonDragon21 said:

Can you tell us what restrictions you had when being puppeted?

Additionally as the role indicates, you couldn't elaborate on your vote last dayphase.

If possible can you tell us your thoughts behind voting Nicki?

I couldn't say anything that wasn't a copy paste of the puppetmaster's text which they sent me. Otherwise I'd die. I could only post a lynch vote and the vote to learn about roles. The reason I voted Nicki was because the tone of the puppet master's texts sounded like Nicki in my head lol and if I died killed by mafia last night, it'd have increased town's suspicion against her. Since I didn't die, though, I feel like she might not be puppet master after all 🤔

Yeah guys, I'm lost here. We can't have multiple puppeter targets, can we?

1 hour ago, Bazaro said:

I can't tell if bean is beaning or puppeted 

I don't know, but I think we may have an impostor. granted Sophie tends to use emojis often and Bean could very well just be beaning

If that is the case, I don't know why they would fake that unless its to gain town cred... seems kinda scummy to me.

lets just lynch them all so there's no more fakers

Both Newt and Bean feel off, so it could be either, going off the content just won't work. Even though only one of them is actually being controlled the other is mafia and has a direct line of contact with the puppetmaster, which means that there's no reason why they both couldn't be sending messages written by them. If they are going for a strategy like this one there's no reason to assume they arent doing that as well.
As farfetched as it may seem if they took the risk of losing one of their own they probably do know the ancient being's/whatever it's called now identity and are actually trying to strike a bargain with them. 
There's a strong case for both of them being and not being the controlled one. 
Reasons why Newt seems to not be mafia: he's the mayor, giving the mafia strength right where they lack it. If any other mafia members voted for him it puts them immediately on a suspect list. No discernible reason why they'd put him at risk over anyone else.
Reasons why Newt seems to be mafia: despite sending his disclose vote after bean's posts and after some people questioned their legitimacy he didn't vote against bean, which despite the whole "unable to speak" thing would be pretty telling in my opinion, a potential strategy to get town arguing about this more than it's necessary. Even though losing the mayor would be definitely bad for mafia if he still decides to pass the mayor title he basically puts a target on one person's back, seeding a lot of suspicion amongst the town.
Reasons why Bean seems to not be mafia: I have only been mafia with him once and we all died pretty quickly, so I can't be sure, but he might be a bit too chaotic for a plan like this. He might go along with it, but would his team entrust him this task? He also usually manages to slip past the radar thanks to his nonsense, usually dying later in the game and putting him in the line this early seems a little bit of a waste because of that.
Reasons why Bean seems to be mafia: His nonsense is a double-edged sword, he is never taken seriously and he has little influence over the town's decisions. He too has posted after Newt but hasn't voted him (he might be chaotic, but hes not stupid, and his reads are sometimes surprisignly spot on).

My gut feeling is telling me it's Bean. The reason why Newt didnt initially vote Bean might be because he wants to see the world burn a bit before stepping in.

[Eliminate] Bean

[Disclose] Swindler

I think Bean is just having fun.

A puppetmaster would try to use Bean to cast shade on someone. It wouldn't be his regular nonesense. 

@Alistair

I agree with you in part.

Drago seems to me like he's mafia trying to blend in. 

The way he spoke about the messenger and the puppetmaster would be something a mafia would do.

Contribute to town by acting as if you deduced the info you already knew. 

[Eliminate] Drago

@Sopheria

I know you are new to this, but please make an effort to give us your reads on others.

It will help both you (to organize your thoughts) and us to see how you think.

A small mention of who you find scummy and why will suffice.

And no emojis, please. 😅

What if the puppetmaster used their ability on one of their allies for cover them? If we assume they can do it, of course. Maybe it's not that useful, but who knows.

Anyway on bean's case, for now i think he's pretending to be a puppet but if Sopheria and Newt aren't puppets, the only one would be bean for now i guess. I'm still not sure on who to vote to be honest, so i will go for discose the Swindler and think about who could be mafia again later.

[Disclose] Swindler

4 hours ago, Walpurgis said:

Both Newt and Bean feel off, so it could be either, going off the content just won't work. Even though only one of them is actually being controlled the other is mafia and has a direct line of contact with the puppetmaster, which means that there's no reason why they both couldn't be sending messages written by them. If they are going for a strategy like this one there's no reason to assume they arent doing that as well.
As farfetched as it may seem if they took the risk of losing one of their own they probably do know the ancient being's/whatever it's called now identity and are actually trying to strike a bargain with them. 

I didn't think of the possibility of them both being mafia. Although I'd def wager that one of them is, trying to throw some confusion.

As for the whole ancient being thing, I'm at a loss. I don't suppose anyone here would know what that means?

For now, I'll follow your lead and hope we caught one of them.

[Eliminate] Bean

@NickCrash Sorry if you think I'm acting sus. Just trying to figure out what these roles do. also I think Ali always suspects me no matter what I do

So far my scum list goes:

Bean- possibly faking puppeted, moderate chance of scum

Newt- same as Bean, moderate chance of scum

Anti- considering he up and disappeared after being scumread, likely maf

Caimie/Nicki- kinda hard to tell since they rarely talk

Knightly- his story seems plausible but not 100% sure, likely town

Jelly/Bok- kinda sus prior but given Knightly's story, also likely town

so far I'm getting a town read from everyone else here

• Global Mods

I think it's safe to say Bean's been targeted by the Puppetmaster. There's no other reason for him to vote himself. From my understanding, he has never done that in games.

I assume we're also trying to figure out the mafia's roles first. Therefore Bean's disclose vote makes no sense otherwise.

This, however, probably does not mean that he is 100% town. Mafia can, and will, should it benefit them, target their own to give them town credit. I do not have a full town read on Bean, but I also do not have a scum read on him. This could change depending on what exactly happens in the game. For now, I'll wait and see in that regard.

25 minutes ago, cicada said:

I think it's safe to say Bean's been targeted by the Puppetmaster. There's no other reason for him to vote himself. From my understanding, he has never done that in games.

voting and disclosing is not affected by the Puppetmaster. That's just Bean being Bean.

7 hours ago, Dragoknight said:

As for the whole ancient being thing, I'm at a loss. I don't suppose anyone here would know what that means?

Gather round, children. Once upon a time there was a mafia game very similar to this one, its name was "What Lies Below". One of the main attractions of the game was that all the roles were either brand new or modified, with an extra special ability that would be unlocked after a specific course of events happened. Despite the variety, though, there was a third party role that managed to stand out: ?!!?!!. The holder of the role was killed early into the game, Night 1 to be precise, and revealed as town. The following days passed as normal, a couple of deaths here and there and all that stuff, but unknown to us a power greater that we could fathom had started to shift and twist, lurking beneath the surface. It wasn't until day 6 (page 15) that it emerged, spreading its corruption everywhere. Its identity was revealed, the boy who we once thought to be one of us showed his true nature: a mere vessel that an eldritch abomination had used to infiltrate the townsfolk and make sure we would free it. The very same day it awakened it took two innocent lifes. The humans, however, were too preoccupied fighting each other and didn't act until it was way too late. There were no survivors. No one knows what happened with the ancient being, and now we stand where it all happened.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NickCrash said:

A puppetmaster would try to use Bean to cast shade on someone. It wouldn't be his regular nonesense. 

I don't see why that would be the case, though. We now know that the puppetmaster is required to put an emoji at the end of each post, which isnt a thing bean normally does. The best use of Bean is creating a situation like this were we don't really know if it's just him being him or if something else is going on.

Well damm @Candy I’m so sorry for suspecting you, please take this gift for my forgiveness..naaa

Eliminate [ Candy ] ?

Disclose [ Swindler ]

Here’s the thing. Regardless whether mafia are in a dire situation or not. I ain’t gonna underestimate them.  They’re existence is enough to be threat. I know your games.

You’d honestly believe you could hide amongst the townies that easily.

This is definitely a bizarre move on my part. Especially this late of the day. I stayed amongst the shadows in between. Connecting the pieces on who’s who. And evidently.. I still suspect you as mafia

Chances may be low but the following Puppetmaster’s info disclosed + your two votes against that role from previous day + minimal contribution and keeping things low style. ( Minor ) I even notice some few similarities with Astra’s playstyle in Boku no mafia compared to yours. Playing that “I was busy” excuse must be nice

What I suspect is that you’re potentially the mafia’s most beneficial power-role player amongst the group.. something like that.

I believe the mafia’s following plan goes something alongside abusing the Puppetmaster’s Rule to hide one of your own members.

Very possible that the Puppetmaster didn’t choose anybody the previous day or choose their own mafia member (you). Ether way works. 

Not something I can absolutely be certain on. But I can imagine the “Set up” alongside the rest of my points against you candy.

And when towny received the disclosing information about the Puppetmaster... well all Candy had to do is confirm bazaro’s words and play it safe.

A delightful plan set in motion.

And then there’s this..

On 9/7/2019 at 7:25 AM, Alaris said:

"UauiIIa oe OoOOeOia ie OaOia"

This anonymous vowel message 

We all considered these anon messages as possible trolls and nothing then distraction. 

I agreed as well.. for just the consonant anonymous person. This vowel anonymous intrigues however as in the previous day. It only completed only two particular post with vowels.

I came to the conclusion that the consonant messages speaks of dishonesty in some ways whiles the vowel messages speaks of honesty. (Not certainly sure on this one ether)

It certainly took time but I believe this is what Mr.Vowel wanted to say “ Vanilla or Sopheria is mafia “ 

That’s indeed smart of Mr.Vowel (amma call anon person that from now on) filling “O” with other letters and wanting us to piece these words together 

As well with “oe” and “ie”. I just attempted saying those words and familiarise them with or and is. Like “OOOeeeeeeee” and then I somehow imagine letter “r”

The information presented is an interesting piece. Presented like those investigator/detective roles. Perhaps Mr.Vowel somehow “unsure” about the piece itself.

Good chances of being false crap looking back onto it. Hell, we don’t even know if this information is part of Mr.Vowel’s role. But the coincidence between this claim and my suspicion on you Candy.

I’d like some words from you.

I think we all do.

I myself also alongside Alistair and Nick, consider Dragoknight suspicious.

But I’m pretty sure I’m just as worse or same.

However, I’m willing to make a promise to reveal a good portion of my role if we manage to lynch mafia today.

.. man I’m really setting myself as a faction kill target aren’t I?

Also in three hours time.

I’d be willing to count up everyones’ disclose roles and elimination votes like before.

Might ping those who haven’t done so yet.

Give town a little help.