Amazon rainforest fire

I'm just trying to spread the word as far as I can. To literally every website I can think of where you can make posts.

The Amazon rainforest, the forest responsible for 20% of the Earth's oxygen, is burning in record speed. It has gotten so bad that the smoke can be seen from space.

Please spread the word.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 8/22/2019 at 2:43 AM, ThatGuyOverThere said:

The Amazon rainforest, the forest responsible for 20% of the Earth's oxygen

Well, despite being called the 'lung of the world', this assessment is not true.

Rainforests are by definition not growing anymore and therefore do not trap carbon dioxyd anymore. Grown trees (and mature forests) consume as much oxygen as they produce since photosynthesis and respiration compensate one another.

There are plenty reasons to worry though, hence my comment. For instance, this forest is a biodiversity treasure and 24 millions people live in the brazilian part ... there will be a shortage of food supplies for them.

This fire seems to come from deforestation as countries needs always more space for cattle farming.