Help makeing my team ready for ep19

potato24680

here's my final team, i kinda feel i rely on my tank way to much for the stall and time to heal other mons, any tips or mon changes or replacements would be nice

Umbreon lvl 90 (nickname: Sakura)

Calm:+Sp. Def - Atk , 252 EV's in HP, Sp, Def

Ability: Synchronize

Item: Leftovers

-Protect

-Wish

-Toxic

-Heal Bell

Lucario lvl 90 (nickname: Minato)

Modest: +Sp. Atk - Atk, 252 EV's in Sp. Atk, Speed

Ability: Steadfast

Item: Leftovers (Gonna change to Lucarionite)

-Dragon Pulse

-Aura Sphere

-Psychic

-Flash Cannon

Lycanroc-Dusk lvl 90 (nickname: Kakashi)

Adamant : +Atk - Sp. Atk, 252 EV's in  Atk, Speed

Ability: Tough Claws

Item: Razor Fan (I had nothing else so i gave it that for lucky flinchs)

-Thunder Fang

-Stomp Tantrum (Might change to Drill Run)

-Rock Slide (Might change to Stone Edge)

-Fire Fang

Weavile lvl 90 (nickname: Haku)

Adamant: + Atk - Sp. Atk, 252 EV's in Atk, Speed

Ability: Pressure

Item: Life Orb 

-Throat Chop

-Ice Punch

-Poison Jab

-X-Scissor (Idk if i should keep this or change to shadow claw/brick break or something else)

Breloom lvl 90 (nickname: Tsunade)

Adamant: + Atk - Sp. Atk, 252 EV's in Atk, Speed (i accidently trained him in speed and i was 2 lazy to change it when i did it)

Ability: Technician

Item: Choice Band

-Seed Bomb

-Drain Punch

-Mach Punch

-Thunder Punch

Espeon lvl 90 (nickname: Matatabi)

Ability: Magic Bounce

Item: Wise Glasses (wanted to get choice specs but i sided with magma)

-Psychic

-Dazzling Gleam

-Grass Knot

-Yawn (was gonna get shadow ball for this slot or something else good)

You have a really big fighting weakness!

I'd recommend to switch out lycanroc-dusk for a Pallossand or a like a gliscor.

A ground type is always welcome and they can both be switched in fighting types if they don't carry ice type attacks.

Bullet seed on technician breloom is better. Cause you have 62,5% chance to do more damage then the 80 BP seed bomb. 2 hits give you a 75 BP move while 3 hits is a 112 BP move (!).

He should have Swords Dance as well later on and you should consider running mach punch on it over drain punch. With it's lak of speed mach punch might be better on it. When he get's SD you should switch Weavile's and Breloom's items. Breloom Life Orb and Weavile Choice band.

Physical mega lucario is always better than a special one in my opinion. But i understand you running special cause otherwise you have to rely on 75% acc iron tail or you have to got through all the troubles of breeding Meteor Mash on it. But Swords Dance Close Combat hits like a truck!

You should consider making Espeon a support mon as well.  You couldMake it screens, you have some really vulnerable mons so they might really benefit from the screens to set up SD's or something, It should have max hp ev's and max speed ev's then.

I'm not sure if Umbreon really fits in this team. Unless You're going to switch out one of the mons for a bulky one cause he doesn't really have any options to pass his wish to. They all just die in 1 or 2 hits. Unless they're behind screens ofcourse.

But hey you've really put in some work in the EV's and you use the pokemon you like so you should keep doing that! Clearly you're very proud of your team and I just hope that my tips will help you build this team better and make you happier using it 🙂 

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2019 at 8:34 PM, potato24680 said:

here's my final team, i kinda feel i rely on my tank way to much for the stall and time to heal other mons, any tips or mon changes or replacements would be nice

Umbreon lvl 90 (nickname: Sakura)

Calm:+Sp. Def - Atk , 252 EV's in HP, Sp, Def

Ability: Synchronize

Item: Leftovers

-Protect

-Wish

-Toxic

-Heal Bell

Lucario lvl 90 (nickname: Minato)

Ability: Steadfast

Item: Leftovers (Gonna change to Lucarionite)

-Dragon Pulse

-Aura Sphere

-Psychic

-Flash Cannon

Lycanroc-Dusk lvl 90 (nickname: Kakashi)

Adamant : +Atk - Sp. Atk, 252 EV's in  Atk, Speed

Ability: Tough Claws

Item: Razor Fan (I had nothing else so i gave it that for lucky flinchs)

-Thunder Fang

-Stomp Tantrum (Might change to Drill Run)

-Rock Slide (Might change to Stone Edge)

-Fire Fang

Weavile lvl 90 (nickname: Haku)

Adamant: + Atk - Sp. Atk, 252 EV's in Atk, Speed

Ability: Pressure

Item: Life Orb 

-Throat Chop

-Ice Punch

-Poison Jab

-X-Scissor (Idk if i should keep this or change to shadow claw/brick break or something else)

Breloom lvl 90 (nickname: Tsunade)

Adamant: + Atk - Sp. Atk, 252 EV's in Atk, Speed (i accidently trained him in speed and i was 2 lazy to change it when i did it)

Ability: Technician

Item: Choice Band

-Seed Bomb

-Drain Punch

-Mach Punch

-Thunder Punch

Espeon lvl 90 (nickname: Matatabi)

Ability: Magic Bounce

Item: Wise Glasses (wanted to get choice specs but i sided with magma)

-Psychic

-Dazzling Gleam

-Grass Knot

-Yawn (was gonna get shadow ball for this slot or something else good)

Personally, I would swap out Espeon and Umbreon. I love them both, but I am not convinced they add much to your team as a whole. You have Weavile already for your Dark Typing already so no need to double up. Perhaps, go for something that can still handle its role with different typing? Maybe a superluck Togekiss? You can still get that wish and protect, plus Air Slash flinches for days. Its also quite a tank and the fairy flying could help cover some of that Fighting weakness your team has.

Regarding Espeon, I just feel like there may be something more beneficial here. Maybe if you're not feeling Togekiss, consider adding Gardevoire? That will give you the Fairy and Psychic typing which is always good, plus Gardevoire is a beast. Additionally you could try out something like Tentacruel for its high Special Defense, Special Attack, and Speed? It gets access to some awesome poison moves, great water moves, and can even learn Ice moves to help with those pesky dragons. That will also help with your teams weakness to Fairy. You could try out Nidoking as well since he is Ground and will give you Electric immunity in addition to being a beefy tank with Fairy killing Poison.

Additionally, Breloom and Lucario double up on your fighting. While one overlap of typing isn't bad, I typically try to avoid that on the main team and keep the other same-type mons in rotation.  

21 hours ago, jbastian1 said:

Personally, I would swap out Espeon and Umbreon. I love them both, but I am not convinced they add much to your team as a whole. You have Weavile already for your Dark Typing already so no need to double up. Perhaps, go for something that can still handle its role with different typing? Maybe a superluck Togekiss? You can still get that wish and protect, plus Air Slash flinches for days. Its also quite a tank and the fairy flying could help cover some of that Fighting weakness your team has.

Tho I cant disagree with switching espeon out for something like Gardevoir, I'm here to make a case for my fav pokemon Umbreon. (Yes I am biased but pls give me a chance)

I agree completely with not stacking similar types on the same team. I also personally follow this rule. I usually try and pit 6 pokemons with as much type variation as possible as a general rule of thumb. If you want to keep Umbreon and I stress again on IF. You can and should go for cursebreon. I know its a pain in the ass to setup and yes its slow as hell but man I lost count how many times Umbreon saved my ass in Reborn. Its so dang tanky that honestly, type weaknesses don't even matter anymore (once he's set up with Curse). And using the buffs from Curse and Payback just freakin one shots everyone and everything into oblivion regardless of type advantage/disadvantage. You also have wish when you find yourself in 'oh crap you're dying' moments. Just make sure to EV the heck out of your Sp. Deff and have complimenting nature to go with it. Bonus points also given to Umbreon's badass shiny form boy cant go wrong with that.

22 hours ago, Veras Lexritz said:

Tho I cant disagree with switching espeon out for something like Gardevoir, I'm here to make a case for my fav pokemon Umbreon. (Yes I am biased but pls give me a chance)

I agree completely with not stacking similar types on the same team. I also personally follow this rule. I usually try and pit 6 pokemons with as much type variation as possible as a general rule of thumb. If you want to keep Umbreon and I stress again on IF. You can and should go for cursebreon. I know its a pain in the ass to setup and yes its slow as hell but man I lost count how many times Umbreon saved my ass in Reborn. Its so dang tanky that honestly, type weaknesses don't even matter anymore (once he's set up with Curse). And using the buffs from Curse and Payback just freakin one shots everyone and everything into oblivion regardless of type advantage/disadvantage. You also have wish when you find yourself in 'oh crap you're dying' moments. Just make sure to EV the heck out of your Sp. Deff and have complimenting nature to go with it. Bonus points also given to Umbreon's badass shiny form boy cant go wrong with that.

While I agree with you that Umbreon can definitely be a solid tank of a pokemon and I could understand how clutch it can be in battle, I just don't know if its necessary for his team. I mentioned Togekiss because it would give him a mon with immunity to two types: Ground and Dragon. This would effectively make his team perfect for switching between mons to utilize the immunities when anticipating attacks. Lucario to Poison, Weavile to Psychic, Togekiss to Ground or Dragon. If he added in a Ground type to his team, he would then have ANOTHER immunity to his team. That could really come in handy. Just a thought though.

10 hours ago, jbastian1 said:

While I agree with you that Umbreon can definitely be a solid tank of a pokemon and I could understand how clutch it can be in battle, I just don't know if its necessary for his team. I mentioned Togekiss because it would give him a mon with immunity to two types: Ground and Dragon. This would effectively make his team perfect for switching between mons to utilize the immunities when anticipating attacks. Lucario to Poison, Weavile to Psychic, Togekiss to Ground or Dragon. If he added in a Ground type to his team, he would then have ANOTHER immunity to his team. That could really come in handy. Just a thought though.

yes I agree completely with you. I did say he should consider my thoughts on Umbreon if and only if he wants to keep it. Like I would struggle with team building cos I know Umbreon other than the curse strat doesn't really improve a team the same way other pokes can but my bias prevents me from switching umbreon out lol.