about karen's sidequest

Spedy

In karen's sidequest in castle zygara, there is a choice:

Spoiler

Letting karrina kill karen or stopping her

And after one of the choices, another one:

Spoiler

Pushing karrina down the hole or not

I know that after choosing the first choice the closed room in alamissa opens, but what do the other two choices do? Does the quest continue or does it end there?

• Upvote 1

Regardless of what you choose, the quest ends there. The reward, however, changes based on your choices.

Spoiler

If you let Karen die, you'll get the Mega Stone ou didn't choose earlier in the side quest as thanks for helping Karrina get her revenge in the end; I don't know if this is still true if you choose to cast her into Hades as well, however.

Your decision matters more in the long term than than in the now, however.

Spoiler

Specifically, letting Karen die has been confirmed as a required step toward getting the worst possible ending, and since she's one of the Elite 8, she'll have to be replaced when we get to that part of the game. Similarly, every death that occurs there will negatively impact your Karma score, which is inevitably bound to impact the story in more ways than just one ghost judging you (the collapse near Hiyoshi was a Karma check) later in the game.

27 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

Regardless of what you choose, the quest ends there. The reward, however, changes based on your choices.

Reveal hidden contents

If you let Karen die, you'll get the Mega Stone ou didn't choose earlier in the side quest as thanks for helping Karrina get her revenge in the end; I don't know if this is still true if you choose to cast her into Hades as well, however.

Reveal hidden contents

Specifically, letting Karen die has been confirmed as a required step toward getting the worst possible ending, and since she's one of the Elite 8, she'll have to be replaced when we get to that part of the game. Similarly, every death that occurs there will negatively impact your Karma score, which is inevitably bound to impact the story in more ways than just one ghost judging you (the collapse near Hiyoshi was a Karma check) later in the game.

Spoiler

"Specifically, letting Karen die has been confirmed as a required step toward getting the worst possible ending"- Where? I mean, it makes sense and all, but did the dev team confirm it somewhere? If so, link?

39 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I chose to stop her.

Phew.

55 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:
  Reveal hidden contents

"Specifically, letting Karen die has been confirmed as a required step toward getting the worst possible ending"- Where? I mean, it makes sense and all, but did the dev team confirm it somewhere? If so, link?

Spoiler

Okay, so it wasn't a hard confirm, but Myrrh, the local Dataminer of Choicestm, did find that killing off each character triggers a variable that hadn't existed before V12, so it's a very reasonable assumption. It was pointed out in this post from the Relationship Guide.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:
  Hide contents

Okay, so it wasn't a hard confirm, but Myrrh, the local Dataminer of Choicestm, did find that killing off each character triggers a variable that hadn't existed before V12, so it's a very reasonable assumption. It was pointed out in this post from the Relationship Guide.

Spoiler

"here are also two variables related to either Karen or Karrina being dead or not, which will likely play into future events down the line." I mean, this is just to confirm your choices. Again, saying that is a requirement to the worst possible ending is a reasonable assumption, but it could be anything.