How hard it is for you to pick and change your team?

Cyphre

Just wanted to talk aboit it, cause right now im catching every pokemon available, in case there will be reward for pokedex completion, and i just keep looking at other pokemon. Actually picking my final team is absolute torture for me, since i keep looking at other options and second guessing. Well, i know for a fact i WILL use Zygard, so the doggo is in my team already, but then i keep thinking that since, yaknow, im a COOL trainer i might as well use legendaries or badass pokemon, going for Sylvally and Volcarona, but then thinking that maybe i should go for favorites instead, then again i want to use something i didnt use before and yatta yatta. It just keeps going and spinning in circles and i cant decide until the next version.

Is it easy for you to pick your team and make changes in it? How do you decide it? 

It’s really hard to pick a team especially in a game like Reborn where every single mon will be available, so you’re not alone bud. I’d like to try out every mon I come across with through the story, since diversity can help out a lot in battles. I always try to keep it balance and maintain some sort of synchronization with my team. All of them must have diff types, roles and moves etc.

One thing I would really go for are the ones that really fit the theme of the game. I would stop and think if the visuals of my protag would fit the mons that I have. So for my personal team, I went for the mons that are purely powerful. Ones that are known to be staples of the metagame. All of them have specific roles to fill as well (Ex. Alola-Tales as my screens and Magnezone as my field changer) and they all work well together. So yeah, go for ones that best suits Reborn as a game and the choice of your protag as well. But that’s just me 😁

For games where I'm free to choose whatever (Reborn, Rejuv, Dray's hacks), I usually end up having a bloated rotation (at least 20 mons) with 10 or 12 seeing a bit more use than the others.  I mostly try for mons I haven't used before (at least initially) and add whatever strikes my fancy later on.  Sometimes some members get dropped if they can't keep up and replaced with a better mon that does it's job (even if I've used it before).  I had to completely stop on the Mt Valor finale just to train up the mystery egg cottoneeI put in the box, though it's more than pulled it's weight ever since.

With how Rejuv provides sidequests, Audino trainers, and a hard level limit, keeping a bigger rotation isn't too difficult......even before factoring in the EXP All item.  Then again, I play slowly overall so I don't really mind some grind.  After finishing up V12's story, I added trained and am leveling up another 10 just because I think I'll want to use them next episode.

• Veterans

I usually just use whatever I feel like using, Arcanine and Mr. Mime tend to be a big part of it on most -other- files since they're obtained at good points, provide good utility that never fades and are just Pokemon I really like. I don't like having more thna 12-18~ish though. That's roughly about enough to cover every type I need and having too big a rotation ends up feeling like I'm just counter-picking every fight instead of making a good strat with what I have, something I'm not really fond of doing.

I usually end up going for a lot of Fire and Dark spam though, with a good few Flying types in there too.

image.png.b09134c8b7a7ad92dc9671de5e47754d.png
Current main squad looks as such, with the latter 3 pending training up in the future if I ever feel like using more.

I usually try to pick something i never or not that much played with, try to get a fresh experience each time. I'm... not training that much besides my main squad though, i generally stick with the 6 i made the majority of the game with (yeah, that does provide some challenge when i'm against a tough opponent because it means that i 1) have to try everything i have in my bag until i somehow succeed or 2) have to train one or two new members from scratch because the few i have already ready in the box aren't that up to the challenge either).

As for the team itself, i try to have a good coverage of types and a mix of special and physical attackers (what do you mean, i could also use more defensive mons ? that's not fun !) but that's about as much thought i give it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Cyphre said:

Just wanted to talk aboit it, cause right now im catching every pokemon available, in case there will be reward for pokedex completion, and i just keep looking at other pokemon. Actually picking my final team is absolute torture for me, since i keep looking at other options and second guessing. Well, i know for a fact i WILL use Zygard, so the doggo is in my team already, but then i keep thinking that since, yaknow, im a COOL trainer i might as well use legendaries or badass pokemon, going for Sylvally and Volcarona, but then thinking that maybe i should go for favorites instead, then again i want to use something i didnt use before and yatta yatta. It just keeps going and spinning in circles and i cant decide until the next version.

Is it easy for you to pick your team and make changes in it? How do you decide it? 

If there are more pokemon that you want to use than there are team slots available, you could always make multiple save files. That's what I do--pick a different starter each time and build a team around them and the Mystery Egg

Its easy for me to pick my pokemon team as I always go for my favorites no matter how hard it makes the game, however this does make it difficult to make changes when the next gen comes around depending on the pokemon but not in fan games.