Persona

Byakuya Kuchiki

Ok, so I've recently started over in Reborn while I wait for E19, and I've named the protagonist "Joker", after the codename for Persona 5's protagonist. As such, I've decided to nickname my Pokemon based on Personas that match their types.

At the current moment, I've just beaten Florinia, with my team's names as shown in the screenshot.

I'm now looking to fill the final two slots in my team, and was hoping that anyone that knows the Persona series well enough could give some advice on which Pokemon to pick, and what names to give them. 

image.png

15 minutes ago, Byakuya Kuchiki said:

Ok, so I've recently started over in Reborn while I wait for E19, and I've named the protagonist "Joker", after the codename for Persona 5's protagonist. As such, I've decided to nickname my Pokemon based on Personas that match their types.

At the current moment, I've just beaten Florinia, with my team's names as shown in the screenshot.

I'm now looking to fill the final two slots in my team, and was hoping that anyone that knows the Persona series well enough could give some advice on which Pokemon to pick, and what names to give them. 

image.png

Oof this is harder that I though...because I didn't actually named all my pokemon after Persona characters and I have forgotten what kind of Pokemon you can obtain after Florina. Also I named my Pokemon based on who they remind me of and not because of typing.

but anyway if you are asking me which pokemon you should use i think get a Mighteyena with Moxie,I named mine Yatsufusa from Persona 4 but in your case you can name it Arsene. After that I highly recommend that you catch a Mareep and name it Ryuji or Captain Kidd whichever you prefer.

ps: If i were you I would switch Tranquill with Pidgeotto and named it Messiah from P3

42 minutes ago, Angelkitsune said:

Oof this is harder that I though...because I didn't actually named all my pokemon after Persona characters and I have forgotten what kind of Pokemon you can obtain after Florina. Also I named my Pokemon based on who they remind me of and not because of typing.

but anyway if you are asking me which pokemon you should use i think get a Mighteyena with Moxie,I named mine Yatsufusa from Persona 4 but in your case you can name it Arsene. After that I highly recommend that you catch a Mareep and name it Ryuji or Captain Kidd whichever you prefer.

ps: If i were you I would switch Tranquill with Pidgeotto and named it Messiah from P3

All righty, I've taken Zorro out, and replaced it with Messiah (why do I get the feeling that this is a Twitch Plays Pokemon reference?), and I've added Captain Kidd the Mareep (now Flaafy). As for Mightyena, I feel that could work, I just need to find one.

Pfft, the TPP thing was a complete coincidence. The only other pokemon I can think of that'd fit well as Messiah is mienshao, but that's both lacking in wings and isn't available until comparatively late in Reborn, so pidgeot will do just fine.

I'm personally curious to see what'll come from your Mystery Egg. Some of the possibilities work really well for this theme (Decarabia: flying starfish with Psychokinetic attacks? Sounds like staryu to me!), while others are gonne be a little bit trickier (I don't have quite enough Persona knowledge to make cottonee work...). In any case, the growlithe itself should do fine as a Byakko, so there's still something to be gained from the sidequest.

13 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

Pfft, the TPP thing was a complete coincidence. The only other pokemon I can think of that'd fit well as Messiah is mienshao, but that's both lacking in wings and isn't available until comparatively late in Reborn, so pidgeot will do just fine.

I'm personally curious to see what'll come from your Mystery Egg. Some of the possibilities work really well for this theme (Decarabia: flying starfish with Psychokinetic attacks? Sounds like staryu to me!), while others are gonne be a little bit trickier (I don't have quite enough Persona knowledge to make cottonee work...). In any case, the growlithe itself should do fine as a Byakko, so there's still something to be gained from the sidequest.

Based on the sprite for the egg, I'm getting a Sneasel. That's a little difficult to work with, as I've only finished 4 and 5, and only just started on 3.

The reason I named my Pidgeot Messiah is because there is a lot of people calling it bird jesus 😛 (btw: there is a sidequest that needs you to give away pidgeot so i suggest catch another one) Anyways for Sneasel I named mine Yaksini because I got a female and they specialize in slash attacks also they like to steal treasures