Cain's Past

blasterBlade1508

1 hour ago, blasterBlade1508 said:

I know Cain ran away due to Family issues. but what exactly happened, because i can't remember and I'm curious about what it was again.

So if anyone can tell me i would appreciate it.

I believe irl there was some sort of divorce between the parents. (It was ether financial stuff or domestic violence idk the Gossip Gardvoir Interview with Aya is long gone)

The abusive father took Cain whiles the mother took Aya. There was I think (this is off memory) a stepfather that join alongside the mother but didn’t work as well.

In game:

- Cain’s sexuality as a Bi

- Betrayal of his family, perhaps the mother’s concern of his sexual desires 

- Running away from his responsibilities as Gym Leader 

His simply just a teenager who simply lives in an imaginary false-reality.. I feel like I’m gonna confuse something up here.

It doesn’t help that he’s usually flirting alongside everybody to Victoria, Charlotte, Protagonist, and maybe even the orphans at one point. 

Playing the game myself already, I actually don’t like Cain for being somewhat a creep but wanting to save the orphans from Meteor is another thing.

Perhaps who he flirts with are considered partners to him and tries to cheer them... by his own ways (singing, joking, and surprises).

But he’s no expert in psychology and can’t really save those he cares for cause they’re probably more screwed up then Cain.

Which is #%#&ed up but 2010-2012 was a depressing time and everybody could’ve used a little therapy back then.

( Ame should’ve been a therapist in the game) 

Though I call it a sickness, it’s certainly a curable one had he gotten let’s say Reborn League’s Child Support cause the city reeks depression.

It’s actually sad. 

Feel free to correct me as I’m usually the one with a foggy memory 

Yeah Cain has a messy past.

I would like to think in game Ame just like irl Ame 

Reasoned with Cain (maybe after the 7th street event) about responsibilities in general. 

Like learning to become a healthy person, being respectful of people’s situation, idk go see his mother and apologise.

I wouldn’t mind cutscene between Ame and Cain to talk about it in game.

5 hours ago, Anti-loser said:

I believe irl there was some sort of divorce between the parents. (It was ether financial stuff or domestic violence idk the Gossip Gardvoir Interview with Aya is long gone)

The abusive father took Cain whiles the mother took Aya. There was I think (this is off memory) a stepfather that join alongside the mother but didn’t work as well.

In game:

- Cain’s sexuality as a Bi

- Betrayal of his family, perhaps the mother’s concern of his sexual desires 

- Running away from his responsibilities as Gym Leader 

His simply just a teenager who simply lives in an imaginary false-reality.. I feel like I’m gonna confuse something up here.

It doesn’t help that he’s usually flirting alongside everybody to Victoria, Charlotte, Protagonist, and maybe even the orphans at one point. 

Playing the game myself already, I actually don’t like Cain for being somewhat a creep but wanting to save the orphans from Meteor is another thing.

Perhaps who he flirts with are considered partners to him and tries to cheer them... by his own ways (singing, joking, and surprises).

But he’s no expert in psychology and can’t really save those he cares for cause they’re probably more screwed up then Cain.

Which is #%#&ed up but 2010-2012 was a depressing time and everybody could’ve used a little therapy back then.

( Ame should’ve been a therapist in the game) 

Though I call it a sickness, it’s certainly a curable one had he gotten let’s say Reborn League’s Child Support cause the city reeks depression.

It’s actually sad. 

Feel free to correct me as I’m usually the one with a foggy memory 

Cain flirts with pretty much anyone but not dependent on whether he views them as partners or not. It's sorta a defense mechanism to protect himself and hide his vulnerabilities. Whilst Cain does flirt with the MC and some other characters, he jokes around with the younger characters. As he says, he makes inappropriate jokes to lighten the mood. Even though his homelife was kinda messy (with the rough relationship between his parents), his Mother's disapproval of his sexuality was what ultimately made him leave home. Cain would stop flirting with anyone if they were too uncomfortable. Besides, it was more jokingly on Route 3 to wind his sister up when he was flirting was Hardy.

5 hours ago, Anti-loser said:

Yeah Cain has a messy past.

I would like to think in game Ame just like irl Ame 

Reasoned with Cain (maybe after the 7th street event) about responsibilities in general. 

Like learning to become a healthy person, being respectful of people’s situation, idk go see his mother and apologise.

I wouldn’t mind cutscene between Ame and Cain to talk about it in game.

Yeah you wouldn't really apologise to a parent for running away for the reason he did. You wouldn't go to your mum and be like "Oh sorry for running away from home because you disapprove of my sexuality".  The only person I could see him owing an apology to was Aya. Cain does show elements of care and responsibility in the game, like making sure Heather was ok post-Corey and checking up on her in Ametrine. 

Thanks for clearing things up @Abyssreaper99, I mainly focused my post around Cain’s character pre-agate city. I mean Terra even more lewder than Cain by a long shot.

Like in my mind, I imagine the teenage childhood of Cain living alongside 7th street after her mother’s disapproval (I should’ve clearly pointed this out but it felt too obvious.. idk why I didn’t mention it). I mean Arc Light and Cain are actually bros IRL and Cain himself invited Arclight into the reborn online league. Considering ArcLight’s duty throughout the Lapis/North Obsidian Ward, wouldn’t be too farfetched.

Well it’s just a “what if” for what I said about the possible talk between Ame and Cain. Their just examples but Ame irl has on many occasions called off Cain for flirting around most of the other online reborn league leaders. 

But I can definitely see an actual deserving apology for the siblings. Aya’s guilt roots from Cain abandonment from home. Feeling in the same position like mother for mistreating her brother for his sexuality. With the Gym leader position given to Aya, feels more so a burden or consequence for letting her brother go. Gym leader work pretty difficult as your living up to the expectations of being amongst one reborn leader representative and having to think on countless strategies against the countless of new trainers appearing now.

Corey’s death renders his badge if he had any useless at this stage and leaves many challengers to battle for the venom badge again. Cain certainly should apologise for Aya to relieve her guilt. 

There’s certainly an element of care Cain provides for the orphans and Heather but how he handles the responsibilities perhaps my most troubling part to understand about Cain.

Like worrying about the guardian law system whiles having the stakes that a literally terrorist group are killing often (those who stand in their way) and kidnapping children.

( Which is just yikes ) Even after escaping the building they suggested instead of notifying Ame. Let’s take an underground train and head to the Belrose cottage. 

Where no one will ever find them.

I don’t care if our protagonist, Cain, and remaining others went back to the Reborn League and receive punishment for breaking the law. 

And I understand this isn’t even Cain’s part and more towards the Belrose’s idea. However, Cain should’ve suggested to back to the Reborn League and guarantee the safety of everyone. I would’ve to see Cain taking responsibility and telling everyone underground to trust the Reborn League (choosing the most assured way for the orphan’s protection)  

But goes along this idea of escaping from the city, like escaping from the rotten reality (Reborn City) into a fairy tail wonderland or whatever. My brain is leaking and not sure if I’m making sense anymore. 

Maybe the orphan doesn’t trust the city anymore and Cain just followed them. Maybe they knew Saphira exist and would’ve wiped the floors against Meteor. Perhaps I’ve digged way straight down beyond Cain and into an alternative universe in China. 

This hurts to type and wouldn’t talking about Cain’s character through a Reborn’s discord voice chat. 

3 hours ago, Anti-loser said:

Thanks for clearing things up @Abyssreaper99, I mainly focused my post around Cain’s character pre-agate city. I mean Terra even more lewder than Cain by a long shot.

Like in my mind, I imagine the teenage childhood of Cain living alongside 7th street after her mother’s disapproval (I should’ve clearly pointed this out but it felt too obvious.. idk why I didn’t mention it). I mean Arc Light and Cain are actually bros IRL and Cain himself invited Arclight into the reborn online league. Considering ArcLight’s duty throughout the Lapis/North Obsidian Ward, wouldn’t be too farfetched.

Well it’s just a “what if” for what I said about the possible talk between Ame and Cain. Their just examples but Ame irl has on many occasions called off Cain for flirting around most of the other online reborn league leaders. 

But I can definitely see an actual deserving apology for the siblings. Aya’s guilt roots from Cain abandonment from home. Feeling in the same position like mother for mistreating her brother for his sexuality. With the Gym leader position given to Aya, feels more so a burden or consequence for letting her brother go. Gym leader work pretty difficult as your living up to the expectations of being amongst one reborn leader representative and having to think on countless strategies against the countless of new trainers appearing now.

Corey’s death renders his badge if he had any useless at this stage and leaves many challengers to battle for the venom badge again. Cain certainly should apologise for Aya to relieve her guilt. 

There’s certainly an element of care Cain provides for the orphans and Heather but how he handles the responsibilities perhaps my most troubling part to understand about Cain.

Like worrying about the guardian law system whiles having the stakes that a literally terrorist group are killing often (those who stand in their way) and kidnapping children.

( Which is just yikes ) Even after escaping the building they suggested instead of notifying Ame. Let’s take an underground train and head to the Belrose cottage. 

Where no one will ever find them.

I don’t care if our protagonist, Cain, and remaining others went back to the Reborn League and receive punishment for breaking the law. 

And I understand this isn’t even Cain’s part and more towards the Belrose’s idea. However, Cain should’ve suggested to back to the Reborn League and guarantee the safety of everyone. I would’ve to see Cain taking responsibility and telling everyone underground to trust the Reborn League (choosing the most assured way for the orphan’s protection)  

In some ways, her situation at home and Cain leave really destroyed any hope Aya had inside of her but she wouldn't of met Hardy I guess if Cain hadn't have left. I think Aya sorta forgives him already though considering how she interacts with him outside the Route 3 entrance to Calcenon. I do like that headcanon of Cain and Arc being Bros though and him helping Cain out. I think In-game Ame had her suspicions about Sigmund when you interact with the gym machine in the Orphanage so he's clearly use to coming up with some sleazy bs excuse to get out of trouble.

I feel like Cain is sorta a fold to Aya in terms of not letting people close, Aya closes herself off completely whilst Cain chats and jokes and flirts with people and possibly sleeps with people but won't let anyone get close to him emotionally. I can certainly see Ame telling Cain off for being overly flirtatious though

• Like 1