Question about Souta

eggon

I started rejuv from scratch again and am now facing Souta and I'm a bit confused about his team's speed. We both have Tailwind up, my Jolteon has full EV and Timid and yet it can't outspeed his Gliscor or his Dragonite. I tried checking the field notes but can't find anything that could explain this. I'm on V12.1 Intense Mode. Is there something I'm missing?

1 hour ago, eggon said:

I started rejuv from scratch again and am now facing Souta and I'm a bit confused about his team's speed. We both have Tailwind up, my Jolteon has full EV and Timid and yet it can't outspeed his Gliscor or his Dragonite. I tried checking the field notes but can't find anything that could explain this. I'm on V12.1 Intense Mode. Is there something I'm missing?

Might be a dumb question, but your speed IV isn't zero or something, right?

2 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

Then I have no no clue. Gliscor had normal speed on my end- my Archeops and Espeon outsped him- so idk why yours didn't.

I do have weather up but as far as I know that shouldn't affect Tailwind

I can't remember and I might be thinking of something else but when I fought Souta awhile ago I remember that when he set up his tailwind AFTER me I could not outspeed him but when I could set up my tailwind after him I could outspeed him.  I don't know how or why but I feel like whichever tailwind is used last gets the effect, but I still feel like it shouldn't work that way.  I don't know what order your tailwind was put up but I would make sure your tailwind in put in place after Souta's.  I don't know if that's a solution as I last battled him a long time ago but worth a shot.

1 hour ago, Launce said:

I can't remember and I might be thinking of something else but when I fought Souta awhile ago I remember that when he set up his tailwind AFTER me I could not outspeed him but when I could set up my tailwind after him I could outspeed him.  I don't know how or why but I feel like whichever tailwind is used last gets the effect, but I still feel like it shouldn't work that way.  I don't know what order your tailwind was put up but I would make sure your tailwind in put in place after Souta's.  I don't know if that's a solution as I last battled him a long time ago but worth a shot.

Didn't work that way for me though.

I just now kicked up Souta at first try. My tactic was to start with Steelix to tank and kill his Skarmory, then I switched it for Alolan Raichu, used Electric Terrain and OHKO everything except Dragonite on which I had to use one ultra potion. It was the easiest battle for me so far. Electric terrain + Thunderbolt did this match for me. Even Drragonite couldn't really harm my Raichu with its moveset.