Lin and her Pokemon

Silh0uette

So in E18, when Team Meteor invaded Agate City after the whole glass factory situation.. Lin was there as well. At the end of the invasion, either Samson or Ciel gets sucked into a black hole by a Gardevoir that Lin had used. I wanted to ask if this Gardevoir is really Lin's Pokemon? Because when I first played through it, my first thought was that the Gardevoir she used was Gossip Gardevoir and since she did the whole "pull out a relic stone out of nowhere" so she might have somehow gotten Radomus's Gardevoir and used it? 

Oh and is there some sort of connection between Agate City in Reborn and Agate Village in Orre that was stated in the game? Both places have the relic stone and they kinda have the same names 🤔

Spoiler

If the Deino event is an indication, and having in mind that the most used pokemon of Lin is a Hydreigon, that could imply that she have some abilities that allow her to do the weird things she does, including crossing between reborn and that dark place where Gossip Gardevoir, Cain and Luna are trapped. So seizing control over Gardevoir is not such a stretch. 

I think it's been pretty obvious since E16 and the Devon Corp incident that Lin has been plotting our moves and at least since Taka watching over us... so chances are she was monitoring the entire Glass Factory incident the whole while and immediately chose to capitalize on such a useful ability as controlling the abyss.

This is Lin we are talking about. She probably brainwashed Radomus Gardevoir with the Pulse 2 (it can break a Pokemons will) and will use it in her battle against us as a "human shield", forcing us to kill it if we want to beat her. 

Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me. The knight version of her in Titania's Gym called "Rylin" battled with an Alolan Ninetales that looks like it came from Ame. It makes sense that she'd battle using Randomus' Gardevoir too, because she seems to like stealing other peoples' Pokemon like the cheapskate she is

If this is on the subject of what Pokemon Lin has, I also have a theory about what another member of her team could be in E19. Let's suppose that she is fighting with a Gardevoir, Hydreigon and Ninetales-A. She seriously needs at least one Steel-type counter and I think I know what she could pick.  @Filthy Casual mentioned on Discord that the New World Field boosts a lot of Hydeigon's STABs and possible moveset options (Flash Cannon, Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, Black Hole Eclipse), making it quite likely that the Lin fight would be on this field. But that field *also* adds a massive boost to a different Ability and move:

Victory Star additionally boosts the bearer's and allies' attacks to x1.5.

Moves that have a 1.5x increase in Base Power: [include] V-Create

In addition, Reborn does use Pokedex data to drive bits of the story (eg: G. Gardevoir creating the black hole) and Victini's Pokedex has some very interesting titbits which may (?) possibly (??) help to explain how that Hydreigon tanked that Fairy attack from Ame's Ninetales-A

This Pokémon brings victory. It is said that Trainers with Victini always win, regardless of the type of encounter.

There are a lot of other possible explanations for Lin's powers of c - and the field also boosts Shadow Shield and lunar-themed moves so we could easily get a Lunala instead. But if we do fight Lin's Victini in E19, I can be happy about calling it! I'm not saying this is proof or anything though, obviously it's just a theory a game theory 😁

Edited by Iola

On 8/4/2019 at 2:52 PM, Saijo said:

Well Ame once said something about agate: https://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2230-pokemon-reborn/page/3/ .

I also thought Gardevoir  could be from Radomus. She can survive a blade stab, breath under water, control an armor and why not catch a pokemon inside a blackhole.

Oh wow that was from a long time ago! Hm both must have somewhat of a connection then with the whole relic stone thing 😀

On 8/6/2019 at 5:51 AM, Oldjay444 said:
  Hide contents

If the Deino event is an indication, and having in mind that the most used pokemon of Lin is a Hydreigon, that could imply that she have some abilities that allow her to do the weird things she does, including crossing between reborn and that dark place where Gossip Gardevoir, Cain and Luna are trapped. So seizing control over Gardevoir is not such a stretch. 

I never thought about the Deino event that way.. She's pretty godly since she has done a lot of "impossible" things herself 🤔

On 8/7/2019 at 9:33 AM, Feng Lei said:

I think it's been pretty obvious since E16 and the Devon Corp incident that Lin has been plotting our moves and at least since Taka watching over us... so chances are she was monitoring the entire Glass Factory incident the whole while and immediately chose to capitalize on such a useful ability as controlling the abyss.

True! Maybe she even started watching us when she came to Tanzan Mountain? She realised Sirius was lying about us being a member of Team Meteor

On 8/7/2019 at 5:18 PM, Josef said:

This is Lin we are talking about. She probably brainwashed Radomus Gardevoir with the Pulse 2 (it can break a Pokemons will) and will use it in her battle against us as a "human shield", forcing us to kill it if we want to beat her. 

Yeah she's been shown to be pretty evil especially since Laura (or was it Saphira?) said about her when they were kids in the orphanage

On 8/7/2019 at 8:48 PM, Iola said:

Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me. The knight version of her in Titania's Gym called "Rylin" battled with an Alolan Ninetales that looks like it came from Ame. It makes sense that she'd battle using Randomus' Gardevoir too, because she seems to like stealing other peoples' Pokemon like the cheapskate she is

If this is on the subject of what Pokemon Lin has, I also have a theory about what another member of her team could be in E19. Let's suppose that she is fighting with a Gardevoir, Hydreigon and Ninetales-A. She seriously needs at least one Steel-type counter and I think I know what she could pick.  @Filthy Casual mentioned on Discord that the New World Field boosts a lot of Hydeigon's STABs and possible moveset options (Flash Cannon, Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, Black Hole Eclipse), making it quite likely that the Lin fight would be on this field. But that field *also* adds a massive boost to a different Ability and move:

In addition, Reborn does use Pokedex data to drive bits of the story (eg: G. Gardevoir creating the black hole) and Victini's Pokedex has some very interesting titbits which may (?) possibly (??) help to explain how that Hydreigon tanked that Fairy attack from Ame's Ninetales-A

There are a lot of other possible explanations for Lin's powers of c - and the field also boosts Shadow Shield and lunar-themed moves so we could easily get a Lunala instead. But if we do fight Lin's Victini in E19, I can be happy about calling it! I'm not saying this is proof or anything though, obviously it's just a theory a game theory 😁

If the Gardevoir she used really was Gossip Gardevoir, I'm starting to think that Hydreigon's her actual only pokemon? Since she used Ame's Alolan Ninetales as well.. Maybe the rest of her team is made of Pokemon she got from others as well? The Victini theory is pretty cool though! It's a pretty good explanation of how Lin won that fight in Devon Corp 😀 She's probably going to be so overpowered when we fight her :')

• Like 3