Timmy's Nintendo Shock!

TheTT

Hey, my name's Timmy! I'm currently a 21 year old college student who loves practically anything Nintendo related (Mario, Pokemon, Smash Bros., Earthbound, Kirby, Pikmin, + spin-offs, etc.), and RPGs are my favorite genre (games like Paper Mario, Pokemon, and the Tales Of series are some of my fave); but I'm open to many that aren't shooters. That said, within the last 2 months of my previous semester, a friend of mine introduced me to Reborn and I find it VERY fun indeed. I'm not super big on competitive Pokemon, (at least, not stuff like OU...), but it's fun to explore the mechanics of it. My favorite terrain is currently Electric Terrain, cause... I've done some hilariously broken stuff with it. One example is the Aggronite Sidequest, showing my Swampert and Manectric (and funnily enough, I used these 2 for my in-game ORAS team, so it's a sign)! I'm very much looking forward to Episode 19.

Currently, I'm playing through Redux, and doing blind fights for Masters. I've only VERY recently streamed for friends, and here's my most RECENT fight vs Corey on Masters in Redux! (Unfortunately I forgot to have enable my widget to have the chat replay, but I only had 1 friend there, lol)

I am also a competitive Smash Bros. player for Ultimate, living in Canada - Quebec. I main Yoshi, and I play competitive (but I'm currently on hiatus for another few weeks or so). I came from competitive Brawl, playing Ness and Peach since I was 14, but Yoshi is a childhood favorite character of mine. I have a Discord if you wanna DM me and contact me out of here too (and even hit me up for Smash! ...After my hiatus). I make content on Youtube from time to time (not super actively, but it's fun). I like a lot of Nintendo characters, and my anime side has me kind of... imagining myself with mostly electric capabilities. 

I will admit, I am rather introverted - due to being outspoken in a family of 3 other older siblings and being with my mom. They also don't share the same passion for gaming like I do, sadly. However, I'm really nice. Just might struggle a bit to maintain convos that aren't pertaining to gaming, cause... that's what drives me.

That said, I am aiming to be a poetry writer, and to tie in my gaming experiences in my writing; this inspiration came from personal experiences where I met my first love in the Smash comm. and used my writing as a source of therapy, after some difficult times in what could be considered my "mid-life crisis". I love to write and ramble on with details, but I can essentially only do that with my gaming experiences since... I am pretty much a nerd, lol.

I watch some anime from time to time, so I like it, but don't actively pursue watching it. During the summer, I've worked in my mom's factory, simply organizing wires and labeling them. Very recently, I've had a job as a game tester that I'm gonna stay at for another few weeks since I return to school in less than 2 weeks!

Sounds a bit odd, but I look forward to being back to school so I can be with my friends and chill at the gamer's club once again - as I am an executive who helps manage it and run events at our school! 

On the subject of Reborn, I DID want to ask something about the game mechanics (and I didn't see a board/topic dedicated to asking about in-game mechanics, so... I didn't want to just make a topic ONLY for that)...

Can an Amplifield Rock (or any other item) extend moves such as Ion Deluge (where it ordinarily only spawns Electric Terrain for 3 turns)? And even for stuff like Trick Room, or Tailwind? Or does that item only extend it for moves/abilities that'll spawn terrain for the traditional 5 turns, to 8 turns (i.e. Electric Terrain/Surge)?

Thanks in advance guys. Still awaiting for Ep. 19 of Reborn, and I hope to make some friends here! 😄

• Like 1

henlo~ welcome and if you wanted to talk about gaming and/or pokemon and/or reborn, you def chose the right place fam because this is what our community is all about~

that and just being average hoomans with average lives 

anyhow, hope you enjoy it around here 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s always a warm welcoming joining the Reborn Forum community and I personally  enjoy somebody who’s their effort in introducing themselves to the fullest. 

You’ll make a fine addition 😀

• Thanks 1

The Amplifield Rock extends any created Field Effects, including those that were made by moves other than the Terrains. This includes Ion Deluge and Mist, as well as weirder things like Topsy-Turvy (it's Inverse Field is one of my favorite tricks in my Psychic Mono), the Conversion Pair (though as great as the Glitch Field can be, I don't think it has the greatest means of generation...), and the Pledge Combos (be sure to have the second pokemon be the one holding the Rock if you aren't running Pledgemaster Silvally). Tailwind, however, is not boosted- it's considered to be a Psuedo-Weather effect rather than a a Psudo-Field one like the Rooms are, so I wouldn't reccomend giving an Amplifield Rock to a support crobat... 😅

Anyway, welcome to this dimensionally-twisted realm we call the Reborn Evolved Forums! Be sure to read up on the rules, feel free to check out all that we have to offer, and above all else, enjoy your stay~!

• Thanks 1

Much obliged for the info Autumn, and thanks for the warm welcome y'all!

I also wanted to ask and forgot to put note: is dual STAB on moves that get a second typing under some terrain a thing? 

I know Surf becomes Water/Electric in Electric Terrain, and Strength becomes Fighting/Psychic in Ashen Beach - would Lanturn and Medicham trigger a double STAB when calculating for those moves respectively?