Help with Aegislash EV spread

Eigengrau

The title says it all I guess, I want to ev train my aegislash (finally) I am confused though what would be a good ev spread to use. I am welcome to any suggestions 🙂

9 minutes ago, Eigengrau said:

The title says it all I guess, I want to ev train my aegislash (finally) I am confused though what would be a good ev spread to use. I am welcome to any suggestions 🙂

Im currently running this;

Aegislash @ Spooky Plate  
Ability: Stance Change  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def  
Brave Nature  
- Shadow Sneak  
- Sacred Sword  
- Swords Dance  
- King's Shield

Just now, N1Dude said:

Im currently running this;

Aegislash @ Spooky Plate  
Ability: Stance Change  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def  
Brave Nature  
- Shadow Sneak  
- Sacred Sword  
- Swords Dance  
- King's Shield

thanks you dont have issues with special attackers? especially fire, ground, ghost and dark types?

Well, base form aegislash has the same base defence as sp. Defence so specifically special attackers no. Those 4 defence evs are just to put them somewhere lol.

Just set up in base form and sweep with shadow sneak in blade form.

1 minute ago, N1Dude said:

Well, base form aegislash has the same base defence as sp. Defence so specifically special attackers no. Those 4 defence evs are just to put them somewhere lol.

Just set up in base form and sweep with shadow sneak in blade form.

right thanks 😛

If I understand Stance Change correctly the stat change happens AFTER evs are added to your stats, so investing in Defense will give you greater Attack in Blade Forme (and of course better Defense in its default Shield Forme). With that in mind maxing HP and either defensive stat depending on whether you want to use special or physical moves should be a priority. Physically attacking Aegislash are definitely the better sweepers with priority and a boosting move but special attacking ones still hit like monster trucks and can afford to run more defensive options like Toxic or Will-O-Wisp.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Seel The Deal said:

If I understand Stance Change correctly the stat change happens AFTER evs are added to your stats, so investing in Defense will give you greater Attack in Blade Forme (and of course better Defense in its default Shield Forme). With that in mind maxing HP and either defensive stat depending on whether you want to use special or physical moves should be a priority. Physically attacking Aegislash are definitely the better sweepers with priority and a boosting move but special attacking ones still hit like monster trucks and can afford to run more defensive options like Toxic or Will-O-Wisp.

exactly... so the point is,

wanna sweep with Aegislash? max Def / Sp. Def 😁

19 hours ago, Seel The Deal said:

Aah never knew that. Awesome

Time to change my aegislash' spread then. Thanks

20 hours ago, Seel The Deal said:

image.png.038e26dfb23f383f3f26dfacb0709fc2.png

Well i checked smogon with my EV-spread. To the left is my spread and to the right are my in game stats. They are the same and my invested attack is in blade-form (I shadow sneaked a vigoroth) clearly way bigger than my special attack but they have the same base stat so my attack has to be invested. So i don't know if you, showdown or pokemon reborn is wrong lol.

I guess you can see them as 2 different pokemon and not the same pokemon with a stat shift.