Virtual E4

LuckyHawk

So i defeated will with the typhlosion team and chose the 'take a break' option to restock on potions and such. For some reason on the koga battle( whose team is around lv 55) i have my normal team(around lv 85) and there's no field. once i beat the rest of the e4 and lance with my normal team and collected the rewards , the pokemon i used have disappeared from my party and aren't in my pc. what do i do??

While this is a known bug, you're actually the only other person I've seen have to deal with the team overwrite effect so far. Unfortunately, that rare instance has no direct fix action; the only way to fix it is to go through the backup saves until you reach the one that was right before Will (which of course means that you'll have to do the whole gauntlet again).

The backup files are found in the computer's Saved Games folder. In order to use them, you need to rename the backup you want to use "game.rxdata" and either rename the latest save or delete it outright. The system kinda freaks out a bit if there are two files with the same name, after all...

Do you remember what pokemon were lost to the glitch? There's no way to change the event after the fact (as far as I'm aware, especially given how buggy it is), but somewhat might be willing to help gen the ones that were lost back into your game.