Lag when entering battles or certain areas

Sekiiro

It's like the game freezes for 10-15 seconds before entering a battle or some areas.

My pc is pretty capable and i've tried closing other programs while playing, compatibility with windows 8 or 7 (i'm running win 10), running the game as administrator and even placing it in both of my drives.

Was anyone able to fix this? Any help is appreciated

Edited by Sekiiro

RPG Maker games, being made on a older engine, are actually better-suited to run on 1 CPU Core. You can force .exe files to do this by:

1. Starting the game

2. Opening task manager and clicking on the "details" tab

3. Right click on the Reborn .exe that's running and select "Set affinity"

4. Uncheck all the CPU cores except for one of them

5. Select "OK" and close the task manager. 

You will have to do this each time you restart Reborn after closing the program. There is a way you can create a .bat file to perform this each time you start the application, but I'm unfamiliar with how to do that. The method above doesn't take long at all though. This improved performance a TON when I discovered this. 

Also, you can change some performance settings for widows 10 to help the process out. Search in the Start bar for Power settings. I've gotten much better performance when I turned energy saving modes off (I'm on a pretty beefy laptop, so this allows it to function more as the laptop was advertised for sure.) 

Finally, depending on the graphics card/engine that your setup uses, you can open that and optimize some settings to iron out any last kinks you have. 

Hope this helps!

If you find that running the game on a single core works well for you and would like to create a shortcut, here's how you can make a batch file to launch the game using only one core.

Create a text file (with like, Notepad) and write this:

cd [Reborn folder path]
start /affinity 1 Game.exe

So in my case it looks like this:

cd C:\Users\Nico\Documents\Pokemon Reborn
start /affinity 1 Game.exe

The first line browses to the directory of the game file, and the second line, "start /affinity 1 Game.exe", will launch Game.exe to run using only Core 0.
Save the file as a .bat, and that's it. Double click to run. I made this in my Reborn folder.

Now, you can't pin .bat files to the task bar (where I like to keep my Reborn shortcut) but there's an easy workaround if you want to do that.
Create a new shortcut (I also made this in my Reborn folder), and in the target location write: cmd /c "path to batch file"

So mine looks like this:

cmd /c "C:\Users\Nico\Documents\Pokemon Reborn\single-core reborn.bat"

Name it and change the icon to match Reborn's icon so it looks pretty and voilà. You can pin this shortcut to your taskbar or start or wherever you have you current Reborn shortcut.

Hopefully this was followable.