Megatronus V

Unable to load old save in episode 18

So I'm trying to load an old save file from episode 15 (or 16? Im not sure) on the latest episode 18 but Im met with this crash. I've tried restoring backups and none of them have worked. My savefile is currently "saved" in the Grand Hall.

Capture.PNG

reborn error.PNG

I can't say i'm entirely sure of what locations wouldn't work between 15 and 18. Maybe try loading from the Circus instead of the grand hall?

i was thinking that at first, too, but if your backups also aren't working i'm not so sure.

wanna upload a backup?

I am also having the same problem, but I am not near the Grand Hall, I am in Spinel Town, getting ready to fight Serra's son.  any idea what to do?  

I have recently downloaded the game and i have the ep 18 but today it doesn't open and this appears

bug (2).png

so these would all be corrupt saves, and the only known thing that can be done about that is loading a backup

4 hours ago, Electromaster said:

I've been trying to get some advice from Discord as well about this, but it's being a pain in the neck for me for no reason

Go back a save is what the icy lady was saying. it's corrupted, so only using a back up would be able to possibly fix it

Still no luck, I'm not sure how to reopen a prior save or what exactly is keeping me from doing it (Update, I tried to open the main file but it wouldn't open up)

39 minutes ago, Electromaster said:

Still no luck, I'm not sure how to reopen a prior save or what exactly is keeping me from doing it (Update, I tried to open the main file but it wouldn't open up)

Are you sure you're checking the right location?

On windows usually you'd check in C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games\Pokemon Reborn

and in that folder there'd be up to 50 backup saves(more if you have a mod that lets you collect more). 

Also make sure to rename one called game then rename one of the numbered ones to game, it only reads the one named gaame

I think I just walked in a giant circle since I tried renaming a previous file, and it wouldn't open period, I tried to fix it and just wound up at the same asinine corrupt save file message... Help?

the only other thing i can think of would be getting a vanilla copy of the game

have you used any mods?

I just wanted to do a basic run-through of the game since I'd only seen incomplete playthroughs on YouTube and I'm not 100% familiar with every event in Reborn

So like, simply delete it from the computer and redownload? Also how can I check and see if any of the back ups work?

Also, just for context, I also have Pokémon Insurgence and Rejuvenation on my computer and they open up just fine for me

Edited by Electromaster

4 hours ago, Electromaster said:

So like, simply delete it from the computer and redownload? Also how can I check and see if any of the back ups work?

Also, just for context, I also have Pokémon Insurgence and Rejuvenation on my computer and they open up just fine for me

Make your way to the following folder; C:\users\[your username here]\Saved Games\Pokemon Reborn and scroll down past the automatically-created backup save files and find a file named "Game.rxdata".

Rename or move the save called game this is the one that it reads and take one of the numbered ones and rename it Game