V12 Intense Marianette Help

!!yxnT

I'm doing an ice mono and can't beat Marianette, no matter how I arrange my team. At best I kill lopunny and stantler before my entire team dies. 

Team:

Spoiler

Crabrawler

Ability: Iron Fist

Power-up Punch

Rock Smash

Payback

Dizzy Punch

Seel

Ability: Thick Fat

Perish Song

Rest

Stockpile

Aurora Beam

Vanillite

Ability: Snow Cloak

Mirror Shot

Taunt

Icy Wind

Mist

Vulpix-A

Ability: Snow Warning

Icy Wind

Hex

Aurora Veil

Baby Doll Eyes

Sandslash-A

Ability: Slush Rush

Icicle Crash

Iron Head

Ice Ball

Fury Cutter

Looking at your team, my immediate thought is leading with Vulpix to set up Hail and Aurora Veil.  Once it dies (hopefully not before setting up Aurora Veil), switch into Seel and start setting up Stockpiles.  A Berry Juice can help with this.  Ideally, you'd want to become defensive enough to take four hits.  Once you've set up Stockpiles, you'll want to Rest.  Since you're most likely going to be slower, you'll heal to full after being hit (so it doesn't count towards the four).  The first two hits are while you're asleep.  The third hit is when you wake up and use Aurora Beam (since we need to get attacks in somewhere).  The fourth hit is using Rest again.

As you can imagine, this strategy has a couple of problems.  The first is that getting crit at all completely destroys the strategy, since it'll ignore your Stockpile boosts.  The second is whether or not this strategy is even possible.  I don't know how bulky your Seel is or if it would even survive at max bulk.  If you want to post your save file, I could take a look at what you have available. 

I've done an Ice monorun of Rejuvenation too! But I did it on Normal difficulty instead and it was still really difficult 😅

I don't really know if this will apply to intense mode but I used rare candies to level Vanillite up to 35 (it evolves into Vanillish then and also learns ice beam), then I gave it reverse candies back to level 30. Ice beam's a pretty strong stab move at that point in the game and Vanillish is stronger so it might help!

3 hours ago, Silh0uette said:

I've done an Ice monorun of Rejuvenation too! But I did it on Normal difficulty instead and it was still really difficult 😅

I don't really know if this will apply to intense mode but I used rare candies to level Vanillite up to 35 (it evolves into Vanillish then and also learns ice beam), then I gave it reverse candies back to level 30. Ice beam's a pretty strong stab move at that point in the game and Vanillish is stronger so it might help!

Interesting. Where'd you get that many rare candies though?

6 hours ago, DanelerH said:

Looking at your team, my immediate thought is leading with Vulpix to set up Hail and Aurora Veil.  Once it dies (hopefully not before setting up Aurora Veil), switch into Seel and start setting up Stockpiles.  A Berry Juice can help with this.  Ideally, you'd want to become defensive enough to take four hits.  Once you've set up Stockpiles, you'll want to Rest.  Since you're most likely going to be slower, you'll heal to full after being hit (so it doesn't count towards the four).  The first two hits are while you're asleep.  The third hit is when you wake up and use Aurora Beam (since we need to get attacks in somewhere).  The fourth hit is using Rest again.

As you can imagine, this strategy has a couple of problems.  The first is that getting crit at all completely destroys the strategy, since it'll ignore your Stockpile boosts.  The second is whether or not this strategy is even possible.  I don't know how bulky your Seel is or if it would even survive at max bulk.  If you want to post your save file, I could take a look at what you have available. 

The problem with this is that vulpix doesn't survive a +1 multipulse from her lopunny.

41 minutes ago, !!yxnT said:

Interesting. Where'd you get that many rare candies though?

You get one on the SS Oceana, two in Gearen (secret area of Venam's gym and left entrance of Gearen Sewers), one in Sheridan (Cute Pokemon request), and two in Chrysalis Manor (hedge maze and locked room).  That's six available.  You can also buy one for 10 AP.  I don't know if that's repeatable or not, since I always spend my AP on the Golden items and EV room cards.

40 minutes ago, !!yxnT said:

The problem with this is that vulpix doesn't survive a +1 multipulse from her lopunny.

You might be able to get away with a Baby Doll Eyes instead, but I don't remember if Multipulse is physical or special.  On a related note to the Rare Candy, you could evolve Seel at Level 34 for more bulk and have it gain its Ice-typing so it won't take residual damage from the hail.  Doing this would also allow you to get Brine (Level 33), which has the same power as Aurora Beam, but does double damage when the target is at 50% or less HP.  If the Baby Doll Eyes does lower Lopunny's attack enough for this strategy, I would recommend replacing Perish Song with Brine.  This would lead to a long battle and I don't know if 20 Aurora Beams would be enough.

In general, I would highly recommend getting another Seel.  I just noticed that you only have five Pokemon, so another Seel would allow for a full party and slightly better odds.  If you wanted to keep Perish Song on something, you could put it on this one.