Madame X true identity speculation mega thread. [HEAVY SPOILERS]

Acedy

So I know there's a billion threads about this by now, but I think it's finally time that we sat down as a whole community and finally solve this one.

This thread is by no means a complete theory, and will be updated as people add more information.

I'm going to lay down Madame X's basic known information, that will serve as the base for this speculation and we will build it up from there.

Madame X's known information.

So let's begin with Madame X:

Eye color (current): Red.

Hair color (current): Dark blue / Black.

Skin color: A very light brown.

Allies: Comet, Cosmia, Freya, Kieran.

What do we know: Madame X is a persona that existed for quite some time, according to what we gathered from the Goomidra's side-quest that is. She is the leader of the mysterious team Xen, and is after Melia's 'light' also known now as the archetype. She seems to be able to move freely between time and space with no constraints, clearly demonstrated at the intro of the game where she asks Marianette how many times Vitus (Indirad) is going to put her through 'this', implying that she has experienced this timeline multiple times already, she interferes with time yet again to save the interceptor and set him on the right course to stop the bomb from exploding at Kugearen city, when confronted she says: 'You don't know the countless problems you have created for me, yet...  I find myself saving you each time, because you're important to everything. Why are you so important? Who are you exactly? Why are you interfering? You weren't here the first time. Who put you here?'. Later she finally understands that we are the interceptor. 

Going by this information alone, I have arrived at my speculation, which is Madame X is Griselda, I'm basing this one solely on her hair and skin color. Stupid right? Yeah that's what I thought until I examined both sprites and realized that the skin color is a perfect match and the hair is just slightly darker, another thing to note is that both characters are presumed to be after the archetype. This would also explain how Madame X is familiar with Spacea and Tiempa, and also how she is able to freely move through time and space.

But Acedy, there are way too many holes in this theory! What about Comet and Cosmia? Why and how would she come in contact with Freya and Kieran? 

Well yeah, you're totally right, I just said I'm basing this theory just off of her physical attributes lol.

That's it for now, I'm going to be constructing a complete timeline that will serve as a guide for us to better understand the events and then confirm information according to it.

Be sure to contribute your theories and information down below in the comments.

Happy solving.

What kinda sucks about the reveal of one side of her face is that all we got were her eyes and skin color. Unfortunately, a few characters have had red eyes before. Some for funny/quirky moments of anger and others when they display their powers. At least with her skin color being shown a few theories have most likely been squashed like Crescent being Madame X.

9 hours ago, Acedy said:

So I know there's a billion threads about this by now, but I think it's finally time that we sat down as a whole community and finally solve this one.

This thread is by no means a complete theory, and will be updated as people add more information.

I'm going to lay down Madame X's basic known information, that will serve as the base for this speculation and we will build it up from there.

Madame X's known information.

So let's begin with Madame X:

Eye color (current): Red.

Hair color (current): Dark blue / Black.

Skin color: A very light brown.

Allies: Comet, Cosmia, Freya, Kieran.

What do we know: Madame X is a persona that existed for quite some time, according to what we gathered from the Goomidra's side-quest that is. She is the leader of the mysterious team Xen, and is after Melia's 'light' also known now as the archetype. She seems to be able to move freely between time and space with no constraints, clearly demonstrated at the intro of the game where she asks Marianette how many times Vitus (Indirad) is going to put her through 'this', implying that she has experienced this timeline multiple times already, she interferes with time yet again to save the interceptor and set him on the right course to stop the bomb from exploding at Kugearen city, when confronted she says: 'You don't know the countless problems you have created for me, yet...  I find myself saving you each time, because you're important to everything. Why are you so important? Who are you exactly? Why are you interfering? You weren't here the first time. Who put you here?'. Later she finally understands that we are the interceptor. 

Going by this information alone, I have arrived at my speculation, which is Madame X is Griselda, I'm basing this one solely on her hair and skin color. Stupid right? Yeah that's what I thought until I examined both sprites and realized that the skin color is a perfect match and the hair is just slightly darker, another thing to note is that both characters are presumed to be after the archetype. This would also explain how Madame X is familiar with Spacea and Tiempa, and also how she is able to freely move through time and space.

But Acedy, there are way too many holes in this theory! What about Comet and Cosmia? Why and how would she come in contact with Freya and Kieran? 

Well yeah, you're totally right, I just said I'm basing this theory just off of her physical attributes lol.

That's it for now, I'm going to be constructing a complete timeline that will serve as a guide for us to better understand the events and then confirm information according to it.

Be sure to contribute your theories and information down below in the comments.

Happy solving.

another info you forgot was she saying that her mother was weak person who sacrificed herself to save her... and she also seems to know a lot about Nymiera.

The problem with the Griselda theory is that, if X is Griselda, then who is Giratina? It seems far more likely that Griselda, whose sisters are Spacea (Palkia) and Tiempa (Dialga), would be Giratina.

Additionally, Giratina is/was in the possession of Worse Than Texen (Geara). Giratina was sealed away up until the Wispy Tower events, and moreover I can't imagine X serving one of her own goons as a Pokemon. Of course, if there are two Giratinas, a mother and a daughter, then X could certainly be Griselda's daughter. The problem with that is Griselda is shown to be power-mad, so I can't imagine her sacrificing herself to save her daughter esp. considering Griselda was murdered by her sisters as shown in the end of the Griselda Doors/Castle sidequest.

More notes: During the Code: Feris sidequest, we saw a machine that creates dolls that are images of X and of Nancy, the protagonist's mother. During the Blacksteeple Castle events, Nancy is killed and referred to as a doll. There's no blood or bodily fluids, so I suppose X was being honest when she said that. There's also X's connection with Indriad/Yveltal to take into consideration (I assume Indriad is Yveltal due to his disappearance from the timeline after the Wispy Tower disaster and Yveltal's first timeline appearance in Where Love Lies shortly after during the attack on Sheridan, as well as the Bad Future Princess's reference to a "father" and Yveltal's appearance at that point).

Returning to Giratina, one possibility is that X is a Giratina from somewhere whose mind and physical prowess was transplanted into the body of an X doll. Alternatively, since dolls are dolls, the skin color was something X picked as a design choice. Notably Nancy is the same kind of doll, but much weaker. Even if we smashed X and even if she wasn't a legendary Pokemon, she'd probably just return if there's a whole bunch of dolls. There's also a possibility that the X dolls aren't dolls but suits of armor. I'll do a bit more research, including getting another look at the X-revealed-face-image, and maybe come back with more ideas later.

I actually think maybe madame X is actually alternate timeline Maria/Melia who had archetype removed from her and since she has been experimented on by Vitus she could have powers like him/griselda/spacea/tiempa and actually be Madam Xerneas which is on rampage. She even says she is stronger than her pokemon so that would actually be plausible. In the prologue she visits Vitus/Indriads house and talk to Maria in encouraging voice so it seems like that scene is stuck in a time loop? The same Maria from Prologue is the one which we fight for a badge because she remembers Madame X saying that to her.  The only question is what is her relation to Freya/Kieran?

Image dump of relevant pictures from within the game's files. Do we have an identity for the ghostly woman? I don't remember seeing her in the game so far. Maybe a future image of Griselda?

Spoiler

Tiempa.png.61648f65af1db85cdee3ecdd0cab41e3.pngTiempa_1.png.d292a21385ca5da88801e3335c57c3e9.pngTrainer112.png.9c27c4773b2d8d18a0c2e60db74bebb8.pngtrchar095_7.png.90609e729f1f4e6fba3cf967e90a23cc.pngtrchar095C.png.a8bab9798299679efac72b6be4a311b0.png

Edited by 0ris
Removed Narcissa image.

2 minutes ago, 0ris said:

Image dump of relevant pictures from within the game's files. Do we have an identity for the ghostly woman? I don't remember seeing her in the game so far. Maybe a future image of Griselda?

Hide contents

Tiempa.png.61648f65af1db85cdee3ecdd0cab41e3.pngTiempa_1.png.d292a21385ca5da88801e3335c57c3e9.pngTrainer112.png.9c27c4773b2d8d18a0c2e60db74bebb8.pngtrainer175.png.7fa18081f197aa6c5365044170de2418.pngtrchar095_7.png.90609e729f1f4e6fba3cf967e90a23cc.pngtrchar095C.png.a8bab9798299679efac72b6be4a311b0.png

Ghostly woman in Narcissa. It releats to the odd house changes. Long story short, Narcissa actually has security to prevent people from releasing Dafaux now. 

1 minute ago, nhehvnukl said:

Ghostly woman in Narcissa. It releats to the odd house changes. Long story short, Narcissa actually has security to prevent people from releasing Dafaux now. 

Ah, makes sense. I haven't gotten to the odd house/castle in my recent version run. I'll edit my previous post since that sprite is not relevant to this discussion. Thanks!

I'm very happy to see so much contribution, I've started working on a complete timeline, but it will take sometime since I'm doing it very accurately (sifting through the countless events via the rxproj file) 

After a lot and I mean a LOT! Of discussion I finally have a theory as to who Madame X is.

She is the daughter of Vitus and Nymeria!

I'll be providing my explanation asap, but I just had to share it. 

16 hours ago, Acedy said:

After a lot and I mean a LOT! Of discussion I finally have a theory as to who Madame X is.

That would make a lot of sense

18 hours ago, Acedy said:

I suppose it makes sense if X's skin color matches Nymiera's Sashilan tone. Although, that means

Spoiler

Erin, Melia, Alice, and Allen

all have a big sister their dad never said anything about. If my prediction that Vitus=Yveltal is right, then... ooh, those implications. Naughty, naughty bird...

Edited by 0ris