Legacy Sprites

I was reading through the Q&A made a couple weeks ago when I noticed one of the devs (I believe it was Zumi but I could be wrong since I wasn't fully paying attention) said that the legacy sprites would no longer be supported or receive anymore updates. I'm wondering if anyone knows why this is, as my favorite sprite out of all them is the one I attached to this post (File name is different because I file swapped to use it in game) and it makes me a little sad to hear it wont be getting anymore support. And while I'm at I wanna know how many people reading this prefer the Legacy sprites to the newer ones, as I haven't interacted with the community and I want to know if I'm in a small minority or a majority like these sprites as well.

trainer001.png

They aren't being supported anymore because the protags all got new sprites that the dev team likes more (more polished etc) is the best reason i know.

And nah, I much prefer the actual sprites.

The player character that I use is Aevia and this is only really with regard to her.

I vastly prefer her legacy design to her current/new design so I replaced or changed every instance of her in the files to have only her base legacy design and her alternate legacy design.  For instances such as the headache or dive sprites, I simply replaced them with something so she'd not change into an entirely different design in those two instances.

Spoiler

Part of what I like with Aevia's base legacy design is that it has her feel with regard to Nancy and like she's clinging to her in a sense.  Where when she changes into her alternate legacy design in the future with Melia and Venam, it symbolizes her coming into her own, while maintaining elements of Nancy.  The color scheme now contrasts to what it once was, she cuts her hair - which usually symbolizes a change within oneself in JRPG games or anime, and she looks less formal, while retaining a regalness to herself.

Edited by Myrrh

On 7/25/2019 at 11:22 PM, Myrrh said:

The player character that I use is Aevia and this is only really with regard to her.

I vastly prefer her legacy design to her current/new design so I replaced or changed every instance of her in the files to have only her base legacy design and her alternate legacy design.  For instances such as the headache or dive sprites, I simply replaced them with something so she'd not change into an entirely different design in those two instances.

Reveal hidden contents

Part of what I like with Aevia's base legacy design is that it has her feel with regard to Nancy and like she's clinging to her in a sense.  Where when she changes into her alternate legacy design in the future with Melia and Venam, it symbolizes her coming into her own, while maintaining elements of Nancy.  The color scheme now contrasts to what it once was, she cuts her hair - which usually symbolizes a change within oneself in JRPG games or anime, and she looks less formal, while retaining a regalness to herself.

Alternate Legacy design? I don't remember the Legacy sprites ever getting alternate styles and all I'm seeing in the files is the base sprite, alternate base costume, and legacy design. Did I miss something?

8 hours ago, Leon_Genesis said:

Alternate Legacy design? I don't remember the Legacy sprites ever getting alternate styles and all I'm seeing in the files is the base sprite, alternate base costume, and legacy design. Did I miss something?

They no longer exist in the current build of the game, but the legacy designs used to have an alternate variant before they were replaced with the current designs.

Nqlnugq.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Myrrh said:

They no longer exist in the current build of the game, but the legacy designs used to have an alternate variant before they were replaced with the current designs.

Nqlnugq.png

Could I get a link or something for all the alternate legacy designs and sprites? I haven't seen these before

Wait nevermind, I found an old build with them on my computer. For anyone who's wondering I found them in v7

Edit: 2 of the sprites are farther from the initial 4 in the files but they do exist, and they can also be found in v8 and v9

Edited by Leon_Genesis
Additional info

On 7/28/2019 at 5:42 AM, Leon_Genesis said:

Wait nevermind, I found an old build with them on my computer. For anyone who's wondering I found them in v7

Edit: 2 of the sprites are farther from the initial 4 in the files but they do exist, and they can also be found in v8 and v9

I was wondering if I could get those sprites as well. Is it possible for you to share them here, because I searched for older versions everywhere and I don't seem to find them

27 minutes ago, NibloodZ said:

I was wondering if I could get those sprites as well. Is it possible for you to share them here, because I searched for older versions everywhere and I don't seem to find them

That's a lot of sprites, so give me a bit to figure out how to send them all. For now I'll just include their card sprites

trainer001_1.png

trainer001_1.png

trainer003_1.png

trainer004_1.png

trainer141_1.png

trainer142_1.png

10 minutes ago, Leon_Genesis said:

That's a lot of sprites, so give me a bit to figure out how to send them all. For now I'll just include their card sprites

Just need the ones for the girl with the pink hair. Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, NibloodZ said:

Just need the ones for the girl with the pink hair. Thanks in advance!

Alright, here ya go! The last one goes in the Transitions folder, everything else goes in Characters. You might want to make sure the file names are correct when swapping since the newer builds have some different file names than the older builds. Lemme know if I forgot a sprite!

girl_bike_1.png

girl_fish_offset_1.png

girl_fishsurf_offset_1.png

girl_run_1.png

girl_surf_offset_1.png

trback001_1.png

vsTrainer1_1.png

54 minutes ago, Leon_Genesis said:

Alright, here ya go! The last one goes in the Transitions folder, everything else goes in Characters. You might want to make sure the file names are correct when swapping since the newer builds have some different file names than the older builds. Lemme know if I forgot a sprite!

Got'em! Thanks a lot.

Well yeah the diving sprite is still missing but at the time there was no diving so, I get why it isn't there. A part from that, everything else is up and running

PS: Forgot to mention that the standing still sprite is missing as well, can you find it in the older versions? Goes by the name: "trchar001_2"

43 minutes ago, NibloodZ said:

Got'em! Thanks a lot.

Well yeah the diving sprite is still missing but at the time there was no diving so, I get why it isn't there. A part from that, everything else is up and running

PS: Forgot to mention that the standing still sprite is missing as well, can you find it in the older versions? Goes by the name: "trchar001_2"

I always somehow forget that sprite, sorry about that, here you go!

trchar001_1.png

• Like 1