Psychic field counters. And Factory field.

Magus543

So in V12's toughest fight, wasn't with Ryland, or the Surfer Duo, but Lorna. Her team is a trap room team that WILL set up, no matter what you try, and her field is so utterly broken and borderline discriminatory to Dark types.( lousy haunted field, Ghosts can't repel a Crunch or a Dark Pulse ) And considering the title for next episode implies the Puppet Master will play a big role, V13's big field may be the psychic terrain. I just know we are going to settle the score with Lorna and Crescent in that version, so this thread is all about gathering tactics to bring the field to our favor. Anyone have any ideas? 

Also i threw in factory, because Saki most likely will be our next Gym leader and it's a given she will use a factory field. Unless she's been brainwashed into being an entirely different trainer and became the Fairy type leader, or we fight someone else as the Steel leader. But my tactic is basically turn the field into a broken one, then wail on her team with Hydreigon, and the rest of my team. 

So let's brainstorm. INB4 Jan or any other member of the dev team look at our plans and try to plan around the plan we are making, and then we will plan around the plan they are planning in response to the plans we are making. 

1 hour ago, Magus543 said:

So in V12's toughest fight, wasn't with Ryland, or the Surfer Duo, but Lorna. Her team is a trap room team that WILL set up, no matter what you try, and her field is so utterly broken and borderline discriminatory to Dark types.( lousy haunted field, Ghosts can't repel a Crunch or a Dark Pulse ) And considering the title for next episode implies the Puppet Master will play a big role, V13's big field may be the psychic terrain. I just know we are going to settle the score with Lorna and Crescent in that version, so this thread is all about gathering tactics to bring the field to our favor. Anyone have any ideas? 

Also i threw in factory, because Saki most likely will be our next Gym leader and it's a given she will use a factory field. Unless she's been brainwashed into being an entirely different trainer and became the Fairy type leader, or we fight someone else as the Steel leader. But my tactic is basically turn the field into a broken one, then wail on her team with Hydreigon, and the rest of my team. 

So let's brainstorm. INB4 Jan or any other member of the dev team look at our plans and try to plan around the plan we are making, and then we will plan around the plan they are planning in response to the plans we are making. 

I mean, taunt kills trick room and we got the tm for it. I just blitzed her setters and she wasn't that bad after them.

56 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

I mean, taunt kills trick room and we got the tm for it. I just blitzed her setters and she wasn't that bad after them.

Wait, where is the Tm for Taunt? Also who was your taunt user?

Edited by Magus543

Just now, nhehvnukl said:

Once again, I just blitzed her tr users. As for taunt's tm, check out the item guide.

Alright, so we have a plan to take out her trick room, ehh mine was her accidentally canceling it, like i did manage to flinch her first TR setter, then when she brought out her slowking, they BOTH set up trick room, cancelling the effect. I found that hilarious the first time it happened to me. Now how do we counter the Psychic field? 

5 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

Alright, so we have a plan to take out her trick room, ehh mine was her accidentally canceling it, like i did manage to flinch her first TR setter, then when she brought out her slowking, they BOTH set up trick room, cancelling the effect. I found that hilarious the first time it happened to me. Now how do we counter the Psychic field? 

Toxic spikes + Hex sounds foolproof, as only grounded psychic mons get boost to psychic moves and hex is powered up. Also, hypnosis spam.

I have no idea why you had problems with Lorna. I remember I wasnt even trying and beat her easily on intense, probably cause I am using good old golisopod always, and that special vaporeon LOL

i dunno any new strategies, but a good choice of Pokemon would be a bug or dark type like Scizor and Weavile.... since Fairy moves are no longer boosted, you can now bring out Dark types for supereffective damage, just watch out for Slowking, and Solrock/Lunatone

On 7/25/2019 at 3:18 AM, Tomek said:

I have no idea why you had problems with Lorna. I remember I wasnt even trying and beat her easily on intense, probably cause I am using good old golisopod always, and that special vaporeon LOL

With a game like Pokemon, for every tough boss for a player, another one would find them weak. I remember curstomping Shelly in Pokemon reborn, with my team.

Wait some of y'all used Taunt against Lorna? I just spammed calm mind on a sylveon and since it was a psychic terrain it was sharply raised. Had a decidueye to take care of some of the "problems". Oh I also forgot to mention the only reason I called it psychic terrain is because priority just fails. I found this out the hard way with one of my main sweepers, Incineroar, since it had Fake-Out. and maybe a little bit of unable-to-use-sucker-punch-against-an-attacking-psychic-type-with-my-decidueye.

Edited by Smeefenator 2.0