Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

I don't know about Ep.3 Connor but I beat him (desperately) with Spheal in my Ice-mono attempt. Regarding the difficulty, I think it's nearly impossible to do a Grass/Bug mono-run with the currently available Pokemon...

I don't know about Ep.3 Connor but I beat him (desperately) with Spheal in my Ice-mono attempt. Regarding the difficulty, I think it's nearly impossible to do a Grass/Bug mono-run with the currently available Pokemon...

Grass should be doable, you have a chance to beat Connor using chlorophyl bulbasaur and water sport roselia plus you have mist lombre. Aderyn might require some strange sun strategy though. Even then the lack of leaf stones (you only get one) worries me.

Bug I doubt you can get past Connor. My best strategy would revolve around overleveling beedril to 25 for toxic spikes and venoshock everything with dustox. Fletchfinder will be you biggest worry there.

I've playing for 2 minutes and I already found a huge bug and I must come start over because of it. In the boat if you go in the room when the bomb is and find it before even going upstair at all you won't be able to continue the game because all doors will be locked and ava problems with the pansage will block you from going upstairs.

Grass should be doable, you have a chance to beat Connor using chlorophyl bulbasaur and water sport roselia plus you have mist lombre. Aderyn might require some strange sun strategy though. Even then the lack of leaf stones (you only get one) worries me.

Bug I doubt you can get past Connor. My best strategy would revolve around overleveling beedril to 25 for toxic spikes and venoshock everything with dustox. Fletchfinder will be you biggest worry there.

For Aderyn, there are wild Pineco on Route 2. Evolve a Pineco into Forretress, and it can tank most of Aderyn's Pokemon bar Emolga.

I've playing for 2 minutes and I already found a huge bug and I must come start over because of it. In the boat if you go in the room when the bomb is and find it before even going upstair at all you won't be able to continue the game because all doors will be locked and ava problems with the pansage will block you from going upstairs.

This was reported a while ago, make sure to check the known bugs list.

The puzzle isnt that hard if you are trapped activate one of them and you should be able to get out.

Nope. I was sitting there for approximately 15 minutes and I activated each of them and combined them in hope that it would get me out. I'm absolutely stuck. I don't know what the fuck I did to get myself in a pickle like that but I did xD

Edited by BananananaK

That maybe your problem... you activated them all. You justneed to activate just one at a time.

Well what I was saying was that I need someone to get me unstuck, because I'm absolutely screwed. Mkay?

So does anyone actually have the PBS files to get me unstuck? Since the save backups aren't saved in the save data folder like they are in Reborn or Rejuvenation there is no possible way to get myself unstuck without someone modifying my position or restarting the entire game over.

Edited by BananananaK

Damn, I am impressed with this game. The story is enjoyable and I love the impact of choices throughout the plot. The music is really nice too, especially for special fights.

Looking forward to more!

Man I found this game a few days ago and started playing. Signed back in here to comment.

Just finished the beta! This is a fantastic game! I am loving the story, the choices, difficulty! Everything! The side quests are also amazing.

I even found a shiny vanilite but Tristin killed it :(. Next day I found shiny tangela though. Used it to helped me beat the last gym. Tristin and Emily were pretty tough. Well done on their fights.

My team was butterfree, ludicolo, pangoro, delphox, magneton and frosslass. I switched magneton and butterfree with flygon and tangrowth temporally to beat Emily though. Great fight!

Going to try and copy the save now so I can replay the story with different choices, especially because of the big choice you have to make in blackview. The way that chapter went down was really good.

Keep up the amazing work!

EDIT: Created another file. Played through the Kenpah village part for the night. The story is really good at setting up the game! What sucks is that Connor killed a shiny spinarak though :(

At least there's paint jars later on, which is an awesome addition so thanks for that!

Edited by CainReborn

Anyone know how to get this on mac? Everytime I download the file it just gives me a vlc file downloaded..doesnt automatically show a file like reborn or rejuvenation did

It might not have a mac port yet. Although, I am not 100% sure. If it does, there are youtube guides for RPG maker games on Mac.

I was wondering- is there a reason that the saves aren't backed up in games like Desolation? Because in games like Rejuvenation or Reborn, you can revert to an older save as all the older saves are kept, but in Desolation they keep no backups (And I've noticed that in a few other fangames too) which makes it very annoying if you save without thinking at a point where you don't want to save.