Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Dreams and their meaning are a recurring theme in Desolation so I was thinking - what if the actual world of Desolation is itself a dream? IIRC, Caz mentioned he was inspired by Inception, which suggests a 'dream within a dream' scenario. This could explain inconsistencies within the game that for some reason Caz hasn't changed - perhaps they are clues, that the dream hasn't been made to be perfect. That whoever controls the dream, like Nova wants to control her own, makes mistakes in their craft and can't keep the players indefinitely fooled. Mysterious characters like Shiv, who always seem composed, may already understand this which explains why they aren't afraid - because it is all a dream.

The game also has impossible blockbuster moments such as Ava leaping from the clouds and somehow surviving - moments such as these are that of fantasy, perhaps the fantasy world of the one creating the dream. Furthermore, perhaps it is Shiv who controls this dream, which could explain how he is able to freely teleport around it and seemingly control it - as though lucid. Nova may also be in control of it, which would explain why Shiv and Nova fight for a seemingly unnatural power that the player has no part of.

Just my thoughts - let me know what you think.

• Upvote 2

Um I'm stuck. I can't find weeping hill at all. In episode 3 all I see is a house with a locked door. Weeping hill was there in episode 2 right?

What? Weeping Hill is in route 1, in the latest release it was moved to route 2. A small cave leads there.

Um I'm stuck. I can't find weeping hill at all. In episode 3 all I see is a house with a locked door. Weeping hill was there in episode 2 right?

Weeping Hill is on Route 2, to the west. Before you take to the Flying Gym leader (forgot her name) there is a guy blocking the entrance.

Is there an alternate downlink link for this game (other than the two provided on the first page)? Got a new computer, tried to download the game, and it STILL crashes after the initial cutscene in the beginning of the game. Not sure what I'm still doing wrong... It doesn't get any further than what I've played so far no matter what computer/download link I use.

I had this issue when I was playing Rejuvenation in Terajuma Jungle and turns out the same issue applies here.

I believe you have Windows 10 right? I don't know why this doesn't apply for a lot of users, but the issue is that the music files have trouble playing correctly in game and somehow end up messing up the game and crashing. This happened to me when I went into Terajuma Jungle in Rejuvenation and after the title sequence in Desolation.

To fix this, go into your folder, then Audio, then BGM, and then delete the music file for the beach which should be "Feeling-Native.mp3". There will be no music playing in that area but you will be able to play the game properly. If the issue happens in other games, try to locate the bgm music for that area and delete it.

It still has hyper voice now, but it opts to use boomburst even when hyper voice does the job, you know without KOing my pokemon.

Frankly this whole ice cave is just annoying.

In the previous versions it doesn't know Boomburst, though. The encounter rates are higher, but I stocked up Super Repels. Going through the mountain without any proved to be too much of a pain in my rear.

• Global Mods

Wait, I thought him having Meloetta was supposed to be a bug from the beta and that it was supposed to be Exploud. I didn't know he ACTUALLY has Meloetta. That just seems odd to me, for him to just casually have a legendary, and not even use it in battle against you.

Wait, I thought him having Meloetta was supposed to be a bug from the beta and that it was supposed to be Exploud. I didn't know he ACTUALLY has Meloetta. That just seems odd to me, for him to just casually have a legendary, and not even use it in battle against you.

What legendary? Where can you find it?

• Global Mods

Oh interesting, never got to that point. Maybe it is forbidden to use legendaries in gym battles. I wonder how this ties in to the entity that is Tristan.

You've made posts about Pokemon locations in Blackview City before, so you should have gotten past it o . o You go through Silver Rise with Tristan a while before getting to Blackview, and it's the first part of the current episode after the clouds scene.

You've made posts about Pokemon locations in Blackview City before, so you should have gotten past it o . o You go through Silver Rise with Tristan a while before getting to Blackview, and it's the first part of the current episode after the clouds scene.

I meant that point in battle, his exploud always survived.

Not to mention he's not even suppose to exist..... what the fuck happened to make me see him ;-;

My guess would be dying on weeping hills v2 (silver rise) and a certain onyx stone that is desired by two people.
Edited by FairFamily