Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Ok so I'm currently at Tristan (also stuck), and all I can say is that his Lopunny needs some kind of nerf, I don't care how small it just needs to exist. I think I've lost count of how many times "Requiem" has sweeped my entire team with it's ridiculous Attack and Speed stats, I have managed to beat it once or twice because paralysis op, but then I just get shrekt by his Porygon, but that shouldn't be a problem if I can get past Lopunny with more than 2 pokemon alive.

Also, on a completely different note, have you added Moon stones (or any stones at all for that matter) into the game yet? I need my bb Nidoking ;)

EDIT: I literally managed to beat Tristan my 1st try after making this post... But I still think Lopunny should get n3rfd. Oh and could anyone give me a tip on a good flying type? I have a Swellow atm and while it gets the job done, it's not nearly at the same level as the rest of my team.

Edited by TheMoltenGuy

Just hax him with something that can boost its evasion. My trusty Minimize Muk 6-0d him.

Also, Moonstone can only be obtained by stealing it from Lunatones in Bronze Mountain (which is after Tristan by the way) as of yet. Bring a Pokemon with Frisk or Thief though, you don't want to capture each of them.

Edited by Sohn der Höhe

Are y'all playing the newest release ? I don't remember him having a snorlax when I fought him.. and my team's biggest issue was the damn lizard because it could rek most everything I had but yeah, thankfully this event is behind us now..

• Global Mods

Are y'all playing the newest release ? I don't remember him having a snorlax when I fought him.. and my team's biggest issue was the damn lizard because it could rek most everything I had but yeah, thankfully this event is behind us now..

I haven't downloaded 3.1 yet. The last version I played was 3.0.1.

I had the most trouble with Snorlax. For Mega Lopunny, I burned it with Will-o-Wisp and in my latest run kept switching Mightyena in and out to lower its attack even more.

lol I actually beat tristan on my first try cause I swagger cheesed his snorlax but yeah overall it was a decently hard fight

Ok so I'm currently at Tristan (also stuck), and all I can say is that his Lopunny needs some kind of nerf, I don't care how small it just needs to exist. I think I've lost count of how many times "Requiem" has sweeped my entire team with it's ridiculous Attack and Speed stats, I have managed to beat it once or twice because paralysis op, but then I just get shrekt by his Porygon, but that shouldn't be a problem if I can get past Lopunny with more than 2 pokemon alive.

Also, on a completely different note, have you added Moon stones (or any stones at all for that matter) into the game yet? I need my bb Nidoking ;)

EDIT: I literally managed to beat Tristan my 1st try after making this post... But I still think Lopunny should get n3rfd. Oh and could anyone give me a tip on a good flying type? I have a Swellow atm and while it gets the job done, it's not nearly at the same level as the rest of my team.

For moonstone you're better off just using pick up.

Just hax him with something that can boost its evasion. My trusty Minimize Muk 6-0d him.

Also, Moonstone can only be obtained by stealing it from Lunatones in Bronze Mountain (which is after Tristan by the way) as of yet. Bring a Pokemon with Frisk or Thief though, you don't want to capture each of them.

Is there a Thief TM in the game atm though? Since there are no pokemon in gen 6 that learn Thief naturally through level up. Though I have no issue with saving at the Lunatone and catching it over and over until it holds a moon stone.

(Oh and I still need a suggestion for a good flying type, I really wish Zubat was available in the wild ;_; )

Edited by TheMoltenGuy

Well i hope i will give u some ideas with my case.

I have delphox/swellow/magneton/ludicolo/krookodile/glameow

for that little bitch i used delphox to survive a high jump kick with its psychic typing, and strike back with psyshock. , then die because requiem is faster, and survives with very little hp. Then all i have to do is follow up with swellow and KO with quick attack.

If requiem starts with fake out and not hi jump kick, > soft reset. if i have not made him waste his hyper potions at an earlier pokemon > soft reset.

thats how it went.

well dunno your team, but you can try and gang him somehow, or else try to catch something that will help u. A ghost maybe

lol I actually beat tristan on my first try cause I swagger cheesed his snorlax but yeah overall it was a decently hard fight

but... he didnt have snorlax in my game. he had Exploud / Powerful Staraptor / Mega Loppunny / Porygon 2 / Helioptile / Wigglytuff

Snorlax was changed to Wigglytuff in 3.0.2.

I guess he was making the whole thing way too hard :D

I only saw Wigglytuff once. For like 2 seconds before he got 1-shotted by Magneton's Flash Cannon.

All the other 10+ times i was trying to go through his other 5 pokemon :D

I had almost forgotten he had a 6th pokemon. If it was a Snorlax i guess i would have fallen into despair since i was down to my last pokemon on a low hp :D It was pure luck i guess that i had Magneton last mon standing.

Edited by DemICE

Snorlax was changed to Wigglytuff in 3.0.2.

But when I fight with Tristan in the version 3.0.1 he have a Exploud, Staraptor, Lopunny/Mega Lopunny, Snorlax, Porygon-2 and Wigglytuff. In 3.0.2 he have 2 Wigglytuff? :blink:

Is there a Thief TM in the game atm though? Since there are no pokemon in gen 6 that learn Thief naturally through level up. Though I have no issue with saving at the Lunatone and catching it over and over until it holds a moon stone.

(Oh and I still need a suggestion for a good flying type, I really wish Zubat was available in the wild ;_; )

Poochyena / Mightyena learns Thief naturally. Alternatively, you could use Covet.

Starly's been my Flying type since the beginning, but I guess Swablu and Togepi are also pretty good choices (I have an Altaria as a reserve, tbh).

• Developers

But when I fight with Tristan in the version 3.0.1 he have a Exploud, Staraptor, Lopunny/Mega Lopunny, Snorlax, Porygon-2 and Wigglytuff. In 3.0.2 he have 2 Wigglytuff? :blink:

Whoops. I must have stuffed up because I was in class when I wrote that. Helioptile replaced Snorlax.

Poochyena / Mightyena learns Thief naturally. Alternatively, you could use Covet.

Starly's been my Flying type since the beginning, but I guess Swablu and Togepi are also pretty good choices (I have an Altaria as a reserve, tbh).

Hmm Ok, because I checked the Thief learn table on bulbapedia, and according to it, Poochyena only learns Thief naturally in Gen 3, and Mightyena learns it at Lv 1. I just figured that these games used the ORAS move table since it's the most up to date, but I guess I'm wrong, I'll have to go catch a Poochyena when I get back from school.

• Developers

Update on happenings of Desolation

So as many of you may remember from the 3.0 release, I mentioned that I would have very little time to work on the game. That has remained true - even now. I'm kept busy, working every day after school and because it's such an important year for me I spend the remainder of the time having to study (asides from procrastinating on the forums every now and then). I've made very little progress recently and Episode 4 doesn't seem to be approaching the horizon anytime soon.

I considered putting the game on hiatus until I had time to work on it, but I also realized that in the background I was still working on other bits and pieces - characters, systems and some other stuff like Mega Evolutions and I felt that I wanted to share this stuff with you guys as it came out.

Desolation is important to me and its development will never end until I reach my end goal - but I can't promise consistent release windows and fast development times. Those who have stayed with the project from its conceiving know that the dev times have been really long and it will continue to be that way, but I hope that it continues to be worth it for you guys.

Thanks for the continued support!

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 8

Update on happenings of Desolation

So as many of you may remember from the 3.0 release, I mentioned that I would have very little time to work on the game. That has remained true - even now. I'm kept busy, working every day after school and because it's such an important year for me I spend the remainder of the time having to study (asides from procrastinating on the forums every now and then). I've made very little progress recently and Episode 4 doesn't seem to be approaching the horizon anytime soon.

I considered putting the game on hiatus until I had time to work on it, but I also realized that in the background I was still working on other bits and pieces - characters, systems and some other stuff like Mega Evolutions and I felt that I wanted to share this stuff with you guys as it came out.

Desolation is important to me and its development will never end until I reach my end goal - but I can't promise consistent release windows and fast development times. Those who have stayed with the project from its conceiving know that the dev times have been really long and it will continue to be that way, but I hope that it continues to be worth it for you guys.

Thanks for the continued support!

That's fine, it doesn't matter if development is slowing a bit. I mean, a lot of games have had long development periods (like Reborn!) We can patiently wait for v4 to come out~

But thank you, Caz, for making this game!

Hmm Ok, because I checked the Thief learn table on bulbapedia, and according to it, Poochyena only learns Thief naturally in Gen 3, and Mightyena learns it at Lv 1. I just figured that these games used the ORAS move table since it's the most up to date, but I guess I'm wrong, I'll have to go catch a Poochyena when I get back from school.

...looking at Bulbapedia, huh, Poochyena really can't learn Thief. I thought it could, sorry :x

But there's still Covet, which I do know Pokemon like Zigzagoon learn.

Take your time, Caz. I'm sure Ep.4 will be great no matter how long we have to wait. Just look at Reborn Ep.16, while it's true that some people seems not patient we're still waiting for it cause it's such a good game and I feel that the same is applied to Desolation. This game is awesome and I will wait patiently for it, working on a project is never an easy process so just take your time and make sure you're enjoying it. Good luck for your school too ^^

(Btw I have so many exams this month but still can't stop from procrastinating on this forum. RIP me...)

...looking at Bulbapedia, huh, Poochyena really can't learn Thief. I thought it could, sorry :x

But there's still Covet, which I do know Pokemon like Zigzagoon learn.

Ok thanks, just got a Zigzagoon and am now headed for Bronze Mountain. But does anyone know about any good EV training spots for Attack & Speed? I want both my Sharpedo and Nidoking to be top notch.

The forest above Addenfall for Attack (there are Nidoran, Shinx and Mankeys) and the Weedles and Zigzagoons in the forest at the very beginning of the game for speed. Be warned though, it's extremely time consuming and tedious work, you'll probably lose your mind without speed hacks.

Also, Nidoking is probably better of as a special attacker since it learns the Sheer Force boosted Earth Power at level 43.

Edited by Sohn der Höhe