Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

• Developers

imo strong pokemon are fine already.

i feel that best candidates for mega evos should be weaker pokemon like ledian or corsola (meganium honorable mention)

i mean i see the above list and i see stuff like milotic, staraptor, luxray, darmanitan... these things are already damn monsters! how much more OP do they have to be! mega quagsire seems sexy tho. i vouch for it!

And yet they gave Blaziken and half the legendaries mega's lolololol. No I totally see where you're coming from. I'll try to incorporate this into the next poll.

Who says Swagsire needs to win a poll to make it in.

Wew, but I dunno you so!!! :ph34r: Aye, tho, it's always been a nice thing to ponder over. I've seen that kind of plot in a bunch of places and it always (bar naruto) turned out quite cool

I think all currently existing fake megaflygons look horribad. Maybe it's best to leave it be for now

I dunno why I came off as so grumpy, sorry. I must be easily triggered by Naruto. Perhaps I just remember when it was a good show. Dreams are super interesting to me, that's why I wanted to explore it as a topic (my perception of it at least) in Desolation.

Edited by Caz

• Global Mods

I know you don't like Naruto (I don't either; I only read it to the end because I figured "I'm this far, might as well see it finish") but I always thought Tristan seemed a lot like Kabuto. They have a similar appearance, Tristan is a ninja, and neither of them really have a strong sense of self so they put on masks. Tristan was resented for being too good a trainer, and Kabuto was let go because he was too good a spy. It's honestly a scary coincidence they're so alike. o . o

• Developers

I know you don't like Naruto (I don't either; I only read it to the end because I figured "I'm this far, might as well see it finish") but I always thought Tristan seemed a lot like Kabuto. They have a similar appearance, Tristan is a ninja, and neither of them really have a strong sense of self so they put on masks. Tristan was resented for being too good a trainer, and Kabuto was let go because he was too good a spy. It's honestly a scary coincidence they're so alike. o . o

Although Tristan is genuinely kind and only pretends to be a ninja in an act of self fulfillment, much like that of becoming a Gym Leader. I can see where the similarities come from but they're irrelevant when you consider Tristans purpose in the story - I use his character as a tool, unfortunately.

And yet they gave Blaziken and half the legendaries mega's lolololol. No I totally see where you're coming from. I'll try to incorporate this into the next poll.

Who says Swagsire needs to win a poll to make it in.

I dunno why I came off as so grumpy, sorry. I must be easily triggered by Naruto. Perhaps I just remember when it was a good show. Dreams are super interesting to me, that's why I wanted to explore it as a topic (my perception of it at least) in Desolation.

It's ok. I wanted to forget it existed at some point as well. It became that crappy and "wat." . But you're right, dreams and illusions are always an interesting thing, it's bound to make for a good story

Sneaky rascal. I planned on respriting them along with a couple trainer classes tonight.

They do look nice though. I like the addition of the scarves.

@Masquerain: Everyone who knows me knows how I feel about Naruto. The dream idealology takes no inspiration from Naruto and takes much more from Inception. I can't stand Naruto.

glad you liked them, can't wait to see the new sprites

im at celeste town, i have done everything, every sidequest, defeated gym leader, found all secrets in the graveyard, even found the swimmer's friend and gave the book to that lady, and yet that damn fisherman keeps saying "i need a strong trainer to give him my rod"

what else i need to do to get an old rod >.<

or is it a good/super rod and i will have to return muuuuch later?

Edited by DemICE

• Developers

im at celeste town, i have done everything, every sidequest, defeated gym leader, found all secrets in the graveyard, even found the swimmer's friend and gave the book to that lady, and yet that damn fisherman keeps saying "i need a strong trainer to give him my rod"

what else i need to do to get an old rod >.<

or is it a good/super rod and i will have to return muuuuch later?

You were correct in your final statement.

So i team up with tristan and im like "niiiice its grinding time"

and then his exploud spams boomburst all day erry day killing everything along with myself...

: ^)

gives me a taste of what im gonna go through when i fight him

Edited by DemICE

• Global Mods

Where is Boss' Togekiss? and if possible can anyone list all events/sidequests available in game excluding ranger quests. Thanks

Togekiss is on the roof of the sky tower in Blackview. And there are A LOT of sidequests even outside the rangers guilds, but I'll try my best.

Keneph Jungle

-There's a cave behind the waterfall with a stone slab in the back. Interact with it until it pushes itself aside, revealing a passage with a piece and a Croagunk.

Redcliff Town

-In one of the houses on the lower right, turn off the guy's computer to get the person standing in front of the cave to leave. In the cave, interact with the braille tablets in this order: Center NE SW SE NW NE SW SE NW Center. This will open the next room in the cave, where there's a piece.

-There's a woman in the building where the town center is who complains about the wifi. Find a computer in the professor's lab that's slowing the wifi down and turn it off, then go back to her for a Revive. I think the computer was the one in the starter room.

Route 1

-In the house past the bridges at the start of the route, there's a little girl who wants to drink a Super Potion.

-In one of the houses later on, there's a man who says he lost his Squirtle. You'll need to go to the stream near the start of the route and feed it a Gourmet Treat. The Squirtle doesn't appear until you talk to its trainer.

Route 2

-In a house near the Pokemon Center, there's a swimmer looking for Jarred. Find him in one of the houses in Celeste City to get him to go back. (I think it was one of the northern houses)

Celeste City

-A lady in the Pokemon Center asks you to beat her son (that sounds dark taken out of context, wow) and unlocks the door. The house where you battle him is all the way to the left.

-In a house in the grass to the northwest, there's a lady who wants a book from the Weeping Depths' library. You get the key to go down there from the Elliot's Memento rangers guild quest.

Celeste Labyrinth

The Jinx Guild could probably be considered a sidequest.

Weeping Depths

-First, you'll need to purchase the Tiny Key from one of the credits shops. A shining gravestone in the Weeping Depths will mention three graves, one of which has treasure. IIRC, it's in Arkha's grave, which is on the right side of the room. The Tiny Key takes you to a room with a Gastly.

-After beating Aderyn, a blocked passage will become unblocked a little east of the entrance to the big room. You'll need the doll from one of the ranger quests. Read the tablet, run around the stone structure all the way back to the tablet, then the door to the piece will open.

Silver Rise

-Where the rangers are settled (with the base that actually opens) there's a NPC who wants to upload memes but doesn't have wifi. Go to the peak of Silver Rise where the house is. Inside, interact with the computer, and then go back to him. There's also a Trapinch in the house. In order to get the key for the house you'll need to find all three diary pages in Shade Forest and bring them to the diary in Shiv's old house.

Route 3

-The man at the stall is looking for a link cable. In Addenfall Town, there's a man in a house with the same sprite also looking for one, so tell him about the other man. Then go back, fight a Black Fox, and they'll give you a Link Stone.

Addenfall Town

-In the fancy house with the statue out front, the guy near the bed says his Turtwig got kidnapped. Find the kidnapper, a Black Fox, on Route 3 and beat him.

Route 4

-In the bottom house where the town is, there's a NPC who mentions losing a parcel at the top of Hardened Mountain. Go to where Ava knocked Hardy off the mountain. IIRC, it's hidden in a rock.

Blackview City

-In the outskirts, there's a woman who asks you to deliver a message that "The dawn of tomorrow will be black". The person you need to deliver this message to is in a house at the southest part of Blackview. Then go back to the woman.

-Also in the outskirts, there's a little girl who wants you to go to different locations and gives you a camera to take pictures with. The locations are listed in her diary.

-In one of the southwestest houses in Blackview, there's a guy who wants you to get rid of a bandit named Jawline Joey. You can find Joey hanging around the trade center.

-I forget exactly where but on the west side of the city is a house with a locked door inside it (there's a guy with a bandana standing near the house). The keys are at Silver Rise (a cave just below the peak) and underneath the stairs at the ice pyramid at Shade Forest which you'll need to interact with crystals to get to (there's also a level 45 Froslass down there). Behind the locked door is a piece.

-Also forget exactly where but there's a spiky haired guy looking for a job. Tell one of the people at the building with three shop NPCs, then bring him there.

-The Fight Club could probably be considered a sidequest.

-Finding the boss's Pokemon.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

• Developers

Togekiss is on the roof of the sky tower in Blackview. And there are A LOT of sidequests even outside the rangers guilds, but I'll try my best.

Keneph Jungle

-There's a cave behind the waterfall with a stone slab in the back. Interact with it until it pushes itself aside, revealing a passage with a piece and a Croagunk.

Redcliff Town

-In one of the houses on the lower right, turn off the guy's computer to get the person standing in front of the cave to leave. In the cave, interact with the braille tablets in this order: Center NE SW SE NW NE SW SE NW Center. This will open the next room in the cave, where there's a piece.

-There's a woman in the building where the town center is who complains about the wifi. Find a computer in the professor's lab that's slowing the wifi down and turn it off, then go back to her for a Revive. I think the computer was the one in the starter room.

Route 1

-In the house past the bridges at the start of the route, there's a little girl who wants to drink a Super Potion.

-In one of the houses later on, there's a man who says he lost his Squirtle. You'll need to go to the stream near the start of the route and feed it a Gourmet Treat. The Squirtle doesn't appear until you talk to its trainer.

Route 2

-In a house near the Pokemon Center, there's a swimmer looking for Jarred. Find him in one of the houses in Celeste City to get him to go back. (I think it was one of the northern houses)

Celeste City

-A lady in the Pokemon Center asks you to beat her son (that sounds dark taken out of context, wow) and unlocks the door. The house where you battle him is all the way to the left.

-In a house in the grass to the northwest, there's a lady who wants a book from the Weeping Depths' library. You get the key to go down there from the Elliot's Memento rangers guild quest.

Celeste Labyrinth

Weeping Depths

-First, you'll need to purchase the Tiny Key from one of the credits shops. A shining gravestone in the Weeping Depths will mention three graves, one of which has treasure. IIRC, it's in Arkha's grave, which is on the right side of the room. The Tiny Key takes you to a room with a Gastly.

-After beating Aderyn, a blocked passage will become unblocked a little east of the entrance to the big room. You'll need the doll from one of the ranger quests. Read the tablet, run around the stone structure all the way back to the tablet, then the door to the piece will open.

Silver Rise

-Wear the rangers are settled (with the base that actually opens) there's a NPC who wants to upload memes but doesn't have wifi. Go to the peak of Silver Rise where the house is. Inside, interact with the computer, and then go back to him. There's also a Trapinch in the house. In order to get the key for the house you'll need to find all three diary pages in Shade Forest and bring them to the diary in Shiv's old house.

Route 3

-The man at the stall is looking for a link cable. In Addenfall Town, there's a man in a house with the same sprite also looking for one, so tell him about the other man. Then go back, fight a Black Fox, and they'll give you a Link Stone.

Addenfall Town

-In the fancy house with the statue out front, the guy near the bed says his Turtwig got kidnapped. Find the kidnapper, a Black Fox, on Route 3 and beat him.

Route 4

-In the bottom house where the town is, there's a NPC who mentions losing a parcel at the top of Hardened Mountain. Go to where Ava knocked Hardy off the mountain. IIRC, it's hidden in a rock.

Blackview City

-In the outskirts, there's a woman who asks you to deliver a message that "The dawn of tomorrow will be black". The person you need to deliver this message to is in a house at the southest part of Blackview. Then go back to the woman.

-Also in the outskirts, there's a little girl who wants you to go to different locations and gives you a camera to take pictures with. The locations are listed in her diary.

-In one of the southwestest houses in Blackview, there's a guy who wants you to get rid of a bandit named Jawline Joey. You can find Joey hanging around the trade center.

-I forget exactly where but on the west side of the city is a house with a locked door inside it (there's a guy with a bandana standing near the house). The keys are at Silver Rise (a cave just below the peak) and underneath the stairs at the ice pyramid at Shade Forest which you'll need to interact with crystals to get to (there's also a level 45 Froslass down there). Behind the locked door is a piece.

-Also forget exactly where but there's a spiky haired guy looking for a job. Tell one of the people at the building with three shop NPCs, then bring him there.

Top notch job. You only missed the sidequest in Blackview City where you save a lady's Treecko. Even I forgot some of those ;-;

• Global Mods

Top notch job. You only missed the sidequest in Blackview City where you save a lady's Treecko. Even I forgot some of those ;-;

That reminds me, there's also one in one of the apartments near the Route 1 entrance where a lady asks for a Gourtmet Treat to help her Pokemon obey.

I have only one q. If you wanted the PBJ Mega, why isn't it there in the poll?

Great job, btw. I might not be able to play Desolation until idk November, but it doesn't stop me appreciating it.

Posts like these really reinforce the idea of making a thread for things like locations :ph34r:

In other news, I think I'm lost ^_^what else is new

Currently exploring a snowy cave place with Tristan trying to make a bridge appear... I -think- i found all the crystals to activate but nothing happened yet..so not sure if I missed any or -

Keneph Jungle

Redcliff Town

Route 1

Route 2

Celeste City

Celeste Labyrinth

Weeping Depths

Silver Rise

-Where the rangers are settled (with the base that actually opens) there's a NPC who wants to upload memes but doesn't have wifi. Go to the peak of Silver Rise where the house is. Inside, interact with the computer, and then go back to him. There's also a Trapinch in the house. In order to get the key for the house you'll need to find all three diary pages in Shade Forest and bring them to the diary in Shiv's old house.

Route 3

Addenfall Town

Route 4

Blackview City

You missed a few:

Redcliff Town

-To the right of the telporter in the professor's lab is a room (took me 3 runs to notice) . In that room is a man who wants to see a Bbibarel, show it and he asks for a Meowth (after you got your first badge) then he moves to Jinx' lab where he asks to see a Pidove. You get respectively a hyper potion, a max revive and a credit for showing each pkmn.

Addenfall Town

- I think on a bench to the north is a women who is waiting for a date. Find the fisherman in Addenfell woods and talk to him. Go back to Addenfall town and talk to either the woman or the fisher for your reward (don't know which one).

Addenfall Woods

-After collecting all three diary pages and reading the diary in Silver Riise, go into a cave south of the fisherman. You will find a ghost with an Ambipom, beat him and get into the room in the back for an Aipom.

Posts like these really reinforce the idea of making a thread for things like locations :ph34r:

In other news, I think I'm lost ^_^what else is new

Currently exploring a snowy cave place with Tristan trying to make a bridge appear... I -think- i found all the crystals to activate but nothing happened yet..so not sure if I missed any or -

He will speak if you touch the appropriate crystal so keep looking.

Still no info on my heat rock?

Edited by FairFamily

He spoke once, but it wasn't it.. and the problem is that I'm not sure if I still have any crystals to find.. rather, if I do, I'm not sure where cause it feels like I went through every place in that cave already

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm blind ... I thought this one opening was something I've already been through, but it wasn't.. Found it now :[keepitclean]:

Edited by Masquerain

• Developers

You missed a few:

Redcliff Town

-To the right of the telporter in the professor's lab is a room (took me 3 runs to notice) . In that room is a man who wants to see a Bbibarel, show it and he asks for a Meowth (after you got your first badge) then he moves to Jinx' lab where he asks to see a Pidove. You get respectively a hyper potion, a max revive and a credit for showing each pkmn.

Addenfall Town

- I think on a bench to the north is a women who is waiting for a date. Find the fisherman in Addenfell woods and talk to him. Go back to Addenfall town and talk to either the woman or the fisher for your reward (don't know which one).

Addenfall Woods

-After collecting all three diary pages and reading the diary in Silver Riise, go into a cave south of the fisherman. You will find a ghost with an Ambipom, beat him and get into the room in the back for an Aipom.

He will speak if you touch the appropriate crystal so keep looking.

Still no info on my heat rock?

I may make a subtopic for the quests soon. Also, I know I added in a heatrock but for the life of me I can't remember where. I'll go through shortly.

He spoke once, but it wasn't it.. and the problem is that I'm not sure if I still have any crystals to find.. rather, if I do, I'm not sure where cause it feels like I went through every place in that cave already

The crystal puzzle with Tristan is not broken - you must have missed a crystal at one point. Keep searching fren [:

EDIT: @Viri: Didn't see your post, sorry. I first noticed PBJ Mega far after I had begun the poll. The polls are a continuous system and so you'll see PBJ in the next poll.

Edited by Caz

Thank you for listing.

Another questions

1.Which pickup table does this game use, XY or ORAS?

2.Where can I catch Tentacool?

I believe its neither, and it just uses reborn pickup table

Thank you for listing.

Another questions

1.Which pickup table does this game use, XY or ORAS?

2.Where can I catch Tentacool?

Pick up table is the same as rejuvenation.

You can catch tentacool by using a fishing rod (I think good) on the beach where you stranded at the beginning of the game.

Edited by FairFamily

Aaahhh, I can finally read this topic again now that I've actually finished the episode!

Seriously, great work Caz - loving the game so far, especially the whole thing with Tristan, I can't wait to see how that unfolds! Plus, I love the fact that you included Little V's music in this - my friend and I used to use that as a background for our link battles!

And now I shall go and wait patiently for the next episode, maybe start a new run through... Perhaps a mono-run, never done one before!