Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

• Developers

I wonder if this changes the dialogue when u meet her in addenfall. (I forgot the womans name) We did technically meet her b4 now.

Yes, but only slightly. Do remember that in the intro she has no interest in you, she only gains an interest in you upon defeating her.

Edited by Caz

Honestly I love the intro. My only nitpick is how Rosetta's sprite in the opening sequence looks really flat and unpolished. I realize that this is most likely not the final sprite but I would love to see this improved when episode 4 is released.

So I just started (I've only beaten Connor so far), and I have to say I'm liking what I'm seeing. The initial choice of non-standard starters was pretty neat, even if it is sort of nullified by being able to pick a traditional starter later on. I haven't seen what the relationship system effects so far, so I'm definitely keeping an eye out for that. I'll be keeping an eye on this in the future.

• Global Mods

@Black Foxes being more relevant: When they were first shown, I actually thought they were a side group like the rangers guild, so it was pretty nice seeing that they're actually a major part of the story. They kind of feel more threatening than Team Crescent to me sometimes, actually.

• Developers

@Black Foxes being more relevant: When they were first shown, I actually thought they were a side group like the rangers guild, so it was pretty nice seeing that they're actually a major part of the story. They kind of feel more threatening than Team Crescent to me sometimes, actually.

Team Crescent try to be on the down low, carefully plotting and executing plans that can span over months. The Black Foxes are the opposite of this as they are brash and unpredictable - unstable. The Black Foxes are supposed to feel more threatening, as you can never be sure what they're doing.

On a side note: Feel free to post spoilers and speculations without spoiler tags as of now. The Episode has been out for long enough that I believe it's time to lift the spoiler free zone :]

one day ..., scolipede, one day.

The intro was very good with one major problem: the pokeball disrupter. Now everytime I'm going to see/beat the black foxes, I'm going to think: "WHY DID THESE IDIOTS NOT BRING THEIR DAMN DISRUPTER WITH THEM?!!!". So yeah I think you created a serious problem for yourself in the intro by giving the black foxes that pokeball disrupter. Especially considering resources don't seem to be a problem to them. Also plot wise you changed a lot by introducing the voice so early, I'm on the fence with this one. Personally I liked the smaller start to then escalate tremendously into the mess we are now. On the other hand I feel that the voice in the beginning gives a feel of foreboding that can set a nice undertone to the story. Also the reputation option seems to be more in line with AVA's behavior throughout the game, so that's a plus.

Edited by FairFamily

Nice intro. I might restart the game now and maximize my reputation with Scarlett to see if it changes anything.

Also, hold on... this just reminded me that fucking Jarred was on the boat too. Argh, he's the true mysterium. Who cares about Shiv and Nova? I want to know what's up with that guy.

Nice intro. I might restart the game now and maximize my reputation with Scarlett to see if it changes anything.

Also, hold on... this just reminded me that fucking Jarred was on the boat too. Argh, he's the true mysterium. Who cares about Shiv and Nova? I want to know what's up with that guy.

yeah, i am curious about him

but he creeps the hell out of me

If someone could help me find a fire stone for my Growlithe, I'd really appreciate it. I assumed it was in Vejyr and combed the place over, but no dice. I'm now at Blackview and Growlithe is easily the weakest member of my team. Sorry to bother ya'll and thanks for the effort put into such a fun game.

If someone could help me find a fire stone for my Growlithe, I'd really appreciate it. I assumed it was in Vejyr and combed the place over, but no dice. I'm now at Blackview and Growlithe is easily the weakest member of my team. Sorry to bother ya'll and thanks for the effort put into such a fun game.

There are 3 Fire Stones in the game. You can obtain them in:

1. Jinx's Lab. Donate Credits so they can work on the drill.

2. Bronze Island. You unlock this place after doing all Ranger's Jobs of Addenfall Guild.

3. Blackview City. A Fire Stone can be found when the city is under attack.

There are 3 Fire Stones in the game. You can obtain them in:

1. Jinx's Lab. Donate Credits so they can work on the drill.

2. Bronze Island. You unlock this place after doing all Ranger's Jobs of Addenfall Guild.

3. Blackview City. A Fire Stone can be found when the city is under attack.

Much obliged, friend.

caz did you change the tune for the gym leader battle? as i'm getting a almost constant whistling form it? if not its my new headset.

almost forgot, why the change in the into form team crescent blowing up the ship to the black foxes appearance?

Edited by sandy

• Developers

one day ..., scolipede, one day.

I think the reason I keep forgetting to fix that is that I keep forgetting to write it down.

In regards to your disrupted problem - there is actually a reason that they can't use it on the island. The idea of the disrupter has been around since Episode 1 but I originally planned on touching upon it later in the game.

@Sandy: I'd imagine it's a headset problem. Also I felt that the Foxes blowing up the ship made more sense tbh. The ship blowing up and sinking was a crucial part of the story but WHO blew it up was a variable that I didn't mind changing.

Edited by Caz

I think the reason I keep forgetting to fix that is that I keep forgetting to write it down.

In regards to your disrupted problem - there is actually a reason that they can't use it on the island. The idea of the disrupter has been around since Episode 1 but I originally planned on touching upon it later in the game.

Do I miss that explination if I don't replay the game?

...? You can find them on Weeping Hill, they're a bit rare but it shouldn't take longer than half an hour.

It's a little joke on the fact that I reported this bug several times now. Scolipede doesn't have speed boost in this game which makes it nigh useless.

Ahh, noticed that, none of the Scolipedes that I ran into ever had speed boost. But I thought I was just exceptionally unlucky.

So did I, untill I tried a ability capsule. What makes the matter worse (to me) is that I ran protect/iron defense/baton pass on it which made the speed boost a matter of life and death. it was one of the strategies I prepared for in my mono-poison run against Aderyn which had to be shelfed due this bug. Now it has agility instead of iron defense.

Edited by FairFamily