Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Hey, the pokemon I try to catch (Magby and Torkoal, Ranger quests) keep knocking the pokeballs away, is this a bug or did I mess something up big time?

Are you playing Version 3.0.2.? If you're, it has a bug that causes wild Pokemon to knock Pokeballs away if you have running toggled on. Toggle it off and you should be fine (as in walk, don't run if you want to catch Pokemon).

does anyone know what to do with that strange crystal stone in silver forest

is there a way to get rid of it?

There are several crystals scattered across Silver Forest (similar to those in Silver Rise). Interact with all of them, they're a part of an event/ sidequest that takes place there.

Are you playing Version 3.0.2.? If you're, it has a bug that causes wild Pokemon to knock Pokeballs away if you have running toggled on. Toggle it off and you should be fine (as in walk, don't run if you want to catch Pokemon).

A bug that even makes sense.

Oh well, the problem is, I have no idea how I turned on automatic running...

A bug that even makes sense.

Oh well, the problem is, I have no idea how I turned on automatic running...

It should be the S- key. I don't know the exact cause either, the running speed was increased in Version 3.0.2., so I suspect there's a connection between the increased speed and the bug.

If you go back to Version 3.0.1., make sure to toggle running off before doing so. Otherwise the increased running speed and the bug carry over.

spoiler alerts

regarding the quest with the crystal stones that led you to the event frosslass. It says it was an old frosslass and that it appeard to be guarding (maybe?) the key for the yellow piece. so maybe a trainer (shiv?) released it to guard the key. Maybe in future updates we'll find more pokemon like this?

• Global Mods

I found it a little odd the game specified that it was an old Froslass, but didn't think much of it besides that. You could be right that there are other Pokemon like this that act as "guardians". Now that I think about it, Shiv has a trophy in his house for winning an Ice themed tournament.

I didn't really pay much attention to it earlier either, but it was too specific about it. there were 3 other awards in his house after the ice tournament one when we went their in the dream. so mayb their are 3 more of them left?

Similarly, Gardevoir, who in my opinion outclasses Mr. Mime, is already available unlike Mr. Mime. I think Caz has his reasons, though.

I think I can guess the reason :3 No waifumon no game

By the way, those of you who have done Boss' sidequest, which reward did you choose or have chosen so far?

I have chosen everything but Wigglytuff. If you don't choose any of the eggs, he gives you Leftovers.

I need to train my new croagunk without it I managed to get two out its a little difficult taking on 4 lvl 75 fairies without any poison/steel types considering I have 3 pokemon weak to faires on my team taking out 2 is pretty amazing.

I need to train my new croagunk without it I managed to get two out its a little difficult taking on 4 lvl 75 fairies without any poison/steel types considering I have 3 pokemon weak to faires on my team taking out 2 is pretty amazing.

Exactly why I have at least one Poison-type in my team in each save file. Fortunately there are many to choose from.

Edited by Zargerth

After beating the Boss, I was stuck between Cleffa and the Leftovers. I knew I didn't want Azurill, as 5 out of my main 6 Pokemon are physical attackers (which is why I chose to train up some special attackers during the Blackview part when my team was starting to get overleveled), nor did I want Togepi, already having two Flying types. Igglybuff isn't really great when compared to Cleffa (only having higher HP and an immunity to Ghost types while Cleffa has a better movepool imo), so I eliminated that. I chose Cleffa, though, since I haven't found a good Fairy type yet (I don't have enough credits for Ralts).

Ironically despite the competitive praise Azumarill gets, it's the easiest of his Pokemon to take out for me. It uses Superpower a few times and lowers its attack and defense, then Toxicroak comes in and OHKOs it.

In my opinion Togekiss is the most bothersome of them to take out. It's either Azumarill or Wigglytuff that is the weakest one in his team. Heck, I OHKO'd Azumarill with Petal Dance and Wigglytuff with Venoshock, despite the 20+ level difference.

After beating the Boss, I was stuck between Cleffa and the Leftovers. I knew I didn't want Azurill, as 5 out of my main 6 Pokemon are physical attackers (which is why I chose to train up some special attackers during the Blackview part when my team was starting to get overleveled), nor did I want Togepi, already having two Flying types. Igglybuff isn't really great when compared to Cleffa (only having higher HP and an immunity to Ghost types while Cleffa has a better movepool imo), so I eliminated that. I chose Cleffa, though, since I haven't found a good Fairy type yet (I don't have enough credits for Ralts).

I agree, Igglypuff isn't that great. I think it's the weakest link, so to speak. The other alternatives seem so much better, it's almost biased against Wigglytuff. I guess Caz wanted a team of fairies, but if instead of Igglypuff we got Happiny, making the choice would be more difficult imo.

Edited by Zargerth

does anyone else think that we'll get more starter sidequest/events like the one with treecko?

Do you mean the trade or the other one?

Edit:

@ blastcore1,

In Blackview city there's a guy who is sitting on a bench in a park. Next to him is Absol. Talk to the guy, a.k.a Boss, to start the sidequest.

Edited by Zargerth

In my opinion Togekiss is the most bothersome of them to take out. It's either Azumarill or Wigglytuff that is the weakest one in his team. Heck, I OHKO'd Azumarill with Petal Dance and Wigglytuff with Venoshock, despite the 20+ level difference.

I agree, Igglypuff isn't that great. I think it's the weakest link, so to speak. The other alternatives seem so much better, it's almost biased against Wigglytuff. I guess Caz wanted a team of fairies, but if instead of Igglypuff we got Happiny, making the choice would be more difficult imo.

who do you talk to get this started anyway?

well I didn't know I would be fighting 4 lvl 75 fairy types right after another at the same time lol besides im stuck between deciding on cleffa and igglybuff

well overall I find this battle to be relatively hard. I find that most of the pokemon are able to be dealt with relatively easy with choice band toxicroak. The only pokemon that I find truly difficult to deal with it was togekiss which I was able to deal with by using destiny bond gengar.

I meant the traded one. if we get anymore of those or even if its a ranger quest in the future.

EDIT: currently working on a certain character (its a secret)

if people can figure it don't spoil it for others, but let me know if u figured it out. (plus if its here its related this is obviously) plus I needed to restart this. my status explains y. and it was done too -.-'

hopefully I can get it done again.

post-63416-0-36991700-1463269126.jpg