Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

• Developers

Man, it will have a way to get a magmarizer any soon? Or I need to Soft Reset until i got one and get the risk of got the wrong IV?

Yes there will be, but not yet. I plan on adding a way in which you can get evolutionary items with Credits in the next Episode.

Finished the current build tonight, and I've gotta say, I'm impressed. Very much so.

For starters, there's many layers to this game. As you progress, you never seem to shake the looming feeling that there's powers at work beyond what you can do. Shiv and Nova appearing and disappearing seemingly on a whim certainly can cause a feeling of discomfort. Without ruining the story for anyone, I'll keep this post mainly about the gameplay.

Well done. What more is there to say? The game is so well-paced that it encourages the player to do the side quests, explore the world, and receive rewards. Those rewards, as well, are very worth it. The battles in the game are very winnable, but still need a fair share of competency and strategy to pull off a win. The music in the game is fantastic and fits the atmosphere very well. I was especially a fan of exploring Blackview City with that track playing; it made for great exploration, which is a fundamental I hadn't known was missing from a Pokemon game, but with Deso, I couldn't progress through the story unless I had completed every side quest available. The game also doesn't force you to do those side missions to receive rewards to win the game: If you're not into exploration and side quests, you can progess normally through the game without issue.

For a four badge build, there is a TON of content to do, and I couldn't recommend it enough. Once Caz refines his craft and more content is added, I believe Deso stands with Rejuv and Reborn easily. You made a great game Caz, keep up the hard work.

Edited by Antilegend
  • Upvote 3

• Developers

If it seems like it's not working, go outside and re-enter the room. The puzzle works fine assuming you don't make any mistakes.

Just interact with them. It sounds like a bug.

If it seems like it's not working, go outside and re-enter the room. The puzzle works fine assuming you don't make any mistakes.

Well, it worked now for some reason.

I could swear that I did it right before, which apparently isn't as it is.

Nevertheless, thanks for your help guys. :)

Spoiler and speculation open at ur own choice

The following theory will be around Tristan and the relation he has to you the player. Before we begin we need to know first what exactly is Tristan? Tristan was the normal gym leader of addenfall. He was never noticed by anyone no matter how hard he tried and what he did. Even his own grandfather grew bitter of him. But now in the story he's something else, this "ghost" of himself and the voice. These two r completely different and the same. We can tell because the voice in a few parts of the story is quoting Tristan before he says it to you himself. He talks about many things about him. We could say that Tristan and the voice have these "links" towards you. They share the different links between you, but between themselves they share the same link.

The theory starts at silver rise where you first interact with Tristan. The first interaction makes no sense when u think about it. He exclaims that he was late to make it to you, but aderyn said it was a "she" coming to meet you. Tristan finds you at the top unconscious. He says that their was a storm and that was the reason he descended down to land. It was snowing lightly(hail) at the top, it was not a storm. I believe that Tristan never got off the mountain during the storm and was killed from either crashing or never making it to the bottom, this would explain the ranger base(es) on the mountain and the ranger totems along the mountain. They serve as a solute to Tristan and as a guide down the mountain. now the voice is something in ur head. projecting Tristan's thoughts or dreams into ur mind which would explain why Tristan asked us what our dream was after the voice said it first. they both said it in almost the same way.

Now we need to figure out how people didn't see him as we battled him down the mountain. like it was exposed at the end of episode, only we the player can see, hear and talk to Tristan. so how did we perform the double battles. the answer is that we didn't. only we performed the double battles. the "ghost" Tristan probably made I seem like he was battling with us, but like it works with him he made it so we couldn't see the second mon we sent out to fight and it looked like he was fighting with us. Now we skip to after we leave Tristan's house and shiv speaks to us. He says " theres some sort of weird aura/mist around you " this is most likely Tristan's spirit which is attached to us. Now we did battle him on the bridge, but its the same thing their was nothing their as it was all in our head.

Now we skip again to after our gym battle with Emily. Tristan said "I saw ur gym match with Emily" there was no one in the gym due to what happened b4 with the team/gang war. Now we skip to when we go back to his with Ava and Connor. They start to question you if this person u told them about actually exists. As you investigate the house and tell Ava she then starts to realise who u r talking about. She most likely had met Tristan at some point b4 he passed away because she seems to know a little bit about him. what immediately clicked for her to realise who we were talking about was when we said he was the normal type gym leader. When we out everything about him was wrong and that nothing related to him was there, we here the voice right after saying things will never progress unless we answer their questions. The way the voice is talking about heroes after explains Tristan's death. Tristan probably tried to save someone on silver rise those 5 years ago during the snow storm and failed resulting in his death. which would make sense based off the hero speech the voice gave us.

the voice is trying to explain his story and make us see that what were doing is what Tristan tried and this wont work. we cant help everyone , be the hero that's indestructible, save everyone that matters, defeat the villain, its trying to make us see that this is a destination that cant be reached and that we will always be walking this path trying to make it happen. In the end the voice finally asks us a question which is "what is real and what is fake" relating to our link with Tristan and our destination for the adventure.

in the end Tristan will continue to follow us as we are following the same path he took. the links are that "Tristan" is his ghost/spirit attached to us and the voice is probably his heart speaking his inner thoughts. These links started in weeping hill as we got the onyx stone for shiv.

there will be something in the future regarding how the links started more specifically and his relationship to aderyn

if have any questions regarding the theory feel free to ask and ill answer as best as I can :)

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

There's something I'm very curious about relating to Tristan and the Ayrith League.

The Ayrith League has 16 gyms, and Tristan's badge takes up one of the slots on our trainer card. Since Tristan has supposedly been out of commission for 5 years which is the last time there was a Normal gym, you would think the league would have found a replacement leader by now. If they have, that would mean we'd end up battling 17 leaders if there's the current 16 + Tristan. We're the only one who can see Tristan's badge, so I doubt we'd be let into the league with it, since to them it'd look like we have 15. Or maybe we actually will end up battling a leader of every type after all despite there being 16 badges, and there'll be a case where another leader is gone (I doubt it'd be like Tristan where they're a ghost; I mean like Corey or Kiki where it happens during the story).

• Developers

There's something I'm very curious about relating to Tristan and the Ayrith League.

The Ayrith League has 16 gyms, and Tristan's badge takes up one of the slots on our trainer card. Since Tristan has supposedly been out of commission for 5 years which is the last time there was a Normal gym, you would think the league would have found a replacement leader by now. If they have, that would mean we'd end up battling 17 leaders if there's the current 16 + Tristan. We're the only one who can see Tristan's badge, so I doubt we'd be let into the league with it, since to them it'd look like we have 15. Or maybe we actually will end up battling a leader of every type after all despite there being 16 badges, and there'll be a case where another leader is gone (I doubt it'd be like Tristan where they're a ghost; I mean like Corey or Kiki where it happens during the story).

Actually the League simply chose not to replace him. Connor mentions he finds a pile of Normal-Type badges on Tristan's table and Hardy mentions he just went and picked one up. This is similar to how originally trainers would just collect the Cascade Badge from Misty's Gym without a fight in the Kanto Region. Without the details of Tristan's whereabouts and death, which they are yet to find, the League is unable to replace him as a Leader.

there's gotta be a reason behind on why they haven't found a replacement normal type leader. what it is we don't know so hopefully it will b revealed y they haven't gotten a replacement in the future.

which Caz just answered as I posted this lol.

Edited by Jmanultrax1

• Global Mods

Actually the League simply chose not to replace him. Connor mentions he finds a pile of Normal-Type badges on Tristan's table and Hardy mentions he just went and picked one up. This is similar to how originally trainers would just collect the Cascade Badge from Misty's Gym without a fight in the Kanto Region. Without the details of Tristan's whereabouts and death, which they are yet to find, the League is unable to replace him as a Leader.

Oh, ok. That makes sense. My thoughts for if they didn't replace him were originally that they must be a lazy league. But if they don't know what happened, there's nothing they can do.

I just found out that some changes to the Pokemon Dispenser Machine have been made in Version 3.0.2. (is this the machine from beta?)

It costs 20 Credits now, opposed to previous 22. Some of the rewards have been changed as well.

Edit:

Starly is no longer a jackpot reward, it's normal. Murkow is among the rewards, perhaps replacing Carnivine? Feebas is a jackpot reward.

Edited by Zargerth

joltik was really rare from the beginning. when I was testing it to see what the chances are for certain mons, joltik had a really low chance to begin with. its was smaller than drilbur it seemed

Doesn't make much sense to me. It's outclassed by Magnemite anyways but not available until the current end of the game.

Similarly, Gardevoir, who in my opinion outclasses Mr. Mime, is already available unlike Mr. Mime. I think Caz has his reasons, though.

On the other hand, I'd say that competitive viability is not the only factor taken into account when decided which Pokemon are available (and when they are available). Galvantula has Sticky Web going for it (and should you have Choice Scarf or just EV train it's Speed) you can pretty much always set Sticky Web in Gym Leader battles. However, I recall Caz saying Double Battles are becoming more frequent from now on.