Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

As someone with a nidoking and nidoqueen I feel your pain but you could always just catch a few "pick up" pkmn and train it to lvl 31 (51 if you want better sunstone odds) and get the stone through them.

I completely forgot about Pickup. I do have a Phanpy with that ability, so I don't need to go back and catch/train Zigzagoon. Thanks for the advice.

• Developers

Caz, do you plan to add Sun and Moon Stones in next Episode? I would like to buy Helioptile, but knowing that I have to find Solrocks (they're rare) who are holding a Sun Stone (which is not often) means that I'd have to spend a looot of time looking for one item. You could add them in order to celebrate Sun & Moons release, right?

I would show you the part in my Episode 4 plan saying "Lolol Sun and Moon sidequest in Cellia", but you wouldn't be impressed. At least I can say that there is definitely going be a Sun AND a Moon Stone in Episode 4.

I would show you the part in my Episode 4 plan saying "Lolol Sun and Moon sidequest in Cellia", but you wouldn't be impressed. At least I can say that there is definitely going be a Sun AND a Moon Stone in Episode 4.

Well, that's good enough for me. Say, have you thought about some leaders doing Double Battles? And why Mime Jr. isn't in the game yet? I mean, you can get Gardevoir, but not Mr. Mime.

Sorry if I barrage you with questions - I have too much time on my hands.

• Developers

Well, that's good enough for me. Say, have you thought about some leaders doing Double Battles? And why Mime Jr. isn't in the game yet? I mean, you can get Gardevoir, but not Mr. Mime.

Sorry if I barrage you with questions - I have too much time on my hands.

In regards to Mr. Mime - all in due time. I've mentioned that Episode 3 will have quite a large obtainable list. About Gym Leaders - most Gym Leaders will use double battles, I simply wanted the first four to be standard singles. The next Gym Leader will change this trend.

In regards to Mr. Mime - all in due time. I've mentioned that Episode 3 will have quite a large obtainable list. About Gym Leaders - most Gym Leaders will use double battles, I simply wanted the first four to be standard singles. The next Gym Leader will change this trend.

Fair enough. Time to play the waiting game. Also, keep up the good work.

@caz assuming when sun and moon comes out next year, and assuming that there will be people to make all of the 2d sprites and animations for the new pokemon/moves, would you plan on updating the next available episode to gen 7. If so would you reconsider pokemon encounters, gym leader pokemon, event pokemon, tms, etc.

• Developers

Episode 3.0.2

There isn't much to say in this post. Episode 3.0.2 is here and is the final bugfix build until the next actual content update.

NOTE: Please be aware that saves affected by the Blackview Gym gamebreaking bug are not fixed through this patch. If you encountered that bug before you played on this build then I have to fix your save myself.

-Download Link-

Version 3.0.2, 11/5/2016

Please report bugs via PM.

Mega

Mediafire

-Remaining Bugs - v3.0.2-

Major

Tristan's dependent sprite is often glitchy in tight spaces.

Minor

Illusion is bugged.

Link Stone says NOT ABLE, but will still work.

Using a potion on a already healed Pokemon skips a turn.

-Changes within v3.0.2-

Silver Rise encounter rate was slightly decreased.

Tristan's team was nerfed.

Tristan's Field removed, for now.

That's all for now. The next announcement in a couple of days will be about our Dark-Type poll winner.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 3

So... how does this work? Do I just download the game and then put my save file from the old version into the right folder?

Also, thanks for the great work! Desolation is awesome!

Edited by Sohn der Höhe

So... how does this work? Do I just download the game and then put my save file from the old version into the right folder?

Also, thanks for the great work! Desolation is awesome!

I have a folder dedicated to Pokemon fangames, so I just place the files there (and delete the versions I don't need anymore). Your save file should be intact.

• Developers

@caz assuming when sun and moon comes out next year, and assuming that there will be people to make all of the 2d sprites and animations for the new pokemon/moves, would you plan on updating the next available episode to gen 7. If so would you reconsider pokemon encounters, gym leader pokemon, event pokemon, tms, etc.

Definitely, although the upgrade project which of course will be across all fangames simultaneously will take a very long time to implement.

Major spoilers and speculations!

Ok this theory talks about Tristan. You could write Tristan off as a fabrication of your mind or 'the voice' which only you can hear and interact with, however there are some problems with it. First Tristan is too tied to the real world, he has existed and what we now about Tristan matches the real world. That doesn't rule out being a a fabrication of 'the voice'. The second problem is that we have interacted with Tristan. I'm not talking about the experience/damage our pkmn gained since you could say that everything from the dream is transferred to the body. Rather I'm talking about OTHER people who have interacted with Tristan namely every trainer on the first half of Silver Rise just before the ranger's camp.We fought double battles with them so what's the deal?

So we can't say that Tristan is always a non-existant entity. Welll you could claim that Silver Rise is a dream but where does the dream end then and where does it start. Well interesting theories can be found from these questions, I will discard them at the moment since they make any argument regarding Tristan irrelevant since: "it's just a dream".

So now that I have outlined that we can continue with my theory. My theory starts from Silver Rise. Silver Rise is just like Weeping Hill a spiritual place. However unlike Weeping Hill which summons memories, Silver Rise summons the victims it claimed or rather impression of them. Tristan was one of them. I think he died in that storm instead of landing safely. The reason why I think this is because there are totems all over the place. I'm not saying they're the source but they could be markers or amplifiers. Second is the ranger outpost. I mean there is probably a teleporter there so why doesn't Elliot use it? Even if there wasn't why does nobody mention the mission in which the rangers haven't opened that outpost? I mean nobody in the camp talks about it, Elliot doesn't talk about it neither does abybody else in Adenfall nor Blackview. That's because that mission was over long ago with the death of those rangers.

Now we still have seen Tristan outside Silver Rise. We even battled him outside it. This is the second major part, I think 'the voice' highjacked Tristan's impression as a vessel to gather information about you. It makes sense that the two are linked considering that Tristan was very interested in your dream just as 'the voice'. The voice also knows that Tristan is fake. However 'the voice' has not enough power to maintain Tristan for extended durations unless it can extract that power from it's surroundings, that's why tristan had to leave when you enterred the camp because you were leaving the area marked by the totems (there was only one totem left). It also explains why you could fight Tristan in a gym battle. The air of route 4 has a mysterious power 'the voice' could siphon. All your other encounters with tristan were relatively short and had no influence in the physical world. It also explains why Tristan can know about the black foxes or Rosetta, it's because 'the voice', who is with you constantly, knows.

Last major part is 'the voice' : 'the voice' is the only entity that only we have interacted with. So something about us, is special. We also know that the voice only came after we fell of the clouds so what made the connection with 'the voice'. My theory about it is that 'the voice' is Darkrai or something very related to it. The link we have we have with Darkrai is the onyx stone. However both Shiv and Nova have had contact with the stone so they should hear the voice, however we are humans whil they aren't. Shiv is a clear example of that, he looks younger then his younger brother (and I mean a lot), has magical powers and his memories are imprinted in the weeping hills. On top of that I'm pretty sure we fought his ghost in the cave in Addenfell (the sprites looked similar if i recal correctly). Another argument for 'the voice' being related to Darkrai is that the voice is very interested in the character's dreams. Darkrai is a being of dreams and meeting someone who doesn't dream is for him something very intersting/frightening. Also 'the voice' is 'concerned' about the battle between Shiv and Nova, which could be explained because they are fighting over his ownership.

tl:dr Tristan is a ghost highjacked by 'the voice'. 'The voice' being an entity strongly related to Darkrai.

Actually, for the part regarding "the voice", it seems more like a normal person talking to us. Like, a psychiatrist. "The voice" mentions these "sessions" that the main character is doing. I've got two theories behind the game itself:

a ) After that fall onto Silver Rise the main character is starting to remember these psychiatric sessions that they took in the past. Mostly because of Tristan, asking the same questions that "the voice" asks.

b ) We are playing in the past, and when we see "the voice" speaking to us, those are actually glimpses of the present. Events will happen that will bring us to a psychiatrist of some sort.

Also, Caz, half of the first post kinda disappeared... ~

Edited by Edea
  • Upvote 1

Actually, for the part regarding "the voice", it seems more like a normal person talking to us. Like, a psychiatrist. "The voice" mentions these "sessions" that the main character is doing. I've got two theories behind the game itself:

a ) After that fall onto Silver Rise the main character is starting to remember these psychiatric sessions that they took in the past. Mostly because of Tristan, asking the same questions that "the voice" asks.

b ) We are playing in the past, and when we see "the voice" speaking to us, those are actually glimpses of the present. Events will happen that will bring us to a psychiatrist of some sort.

Also, Caz, half of the first post kinda disappeared... ~

I don't see a psychiatrist talking about armor of hero and villains and what's real and what's fake. I do like the reflection idea though.

Edited by FairFamily

I don't see a psychiatrist talking about armor of hero and villains and what's real and what's fake. I do like the reflection idea though.

It was making an analogy there. The voice asked multiple times what our dream was and mentioned multiple times if it was to be a hero of some sort. Since it sort of got annoyed that we didn't give an answer about that, it changed the subject.

But hey, it's still anyone's guess.

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

Teal Panthers are Audino trainers: Heal Panthers

A division of the Teal Panthers that use Seel and Spheal lines: Seal Panthers

Teal Panthers are eating: Meal Panthers

An actual pack of panthers: Real Panthers.

Teal Panthers use Steel-types: Steel Panthers.

Teal Panthers use the trucks in Blackview for transportation: Wheel Panthers

Teal Panthers training panthers: Heel, panthers!

I thought of one pun while I was eating cinnamon bread and then a flood of other puns came.

• Upvote 4

• Developers

WHERE THE FLIPPEN HECK DID HALF MY OP GO.

Edit: This is madness. It's just gone. Looks like I have to add it all back in.

Edited by Caz

• Developers

Where was the Water Stone again? I can't remember.

There is one in Silver Rise. How specific of me.

will all gym leaders in the future have nicknames for their mons? cuz it would b pretty cool to see that when we face Ava in the future she has one named after the player

Yes.

cuz it would b pretty cool to see that when we face Ava in the future she has one named after the player

I'd think having a Pokemon nicknamed after the player in a RPG Maker XP game is almost impossible, like how Shelly doesn't have a Pokemon named after the player in Reborn. Pokemon Trainer teams are all in one document, and making sure every possible name that a player could have would be a huge task, as there's also the matter of spaces, capital vs lowercase, etc.

Where was the Water Stone again? I can't remember.

I want to say route 2 but I could be way off there... Nevermind

Teal Panthers are Audino trainers: Heal Panthers

A division of the Teal Panthers that use Seel and Spheal lines: Seal Panthers

Teal Panthers are eating: Meal Panthers

An actual pack of panthers: Real Panthers.

Teal Panthers use Steel-types: Steel Panthers.

Teal Panthers use the trucks in Blackview for transportation: Wheel Panthers

Teal Panthers training panthers: Heel, panthers!

I thought of one pun while I was eating cinnamon bread and then a flood of other puns came.

Teal Panthers on a market stall: Deal Panthers

Tread on a panther's tail: Squeal Panthers

Edited by Volime
  • Upvote 1

• Developers

In regards to stones in the game - Episode 4 will have a secret shop where you can buy evolutionary items with Credits.

I'd think having a Pokemon nicknamed after the player in a RPG Maker XP game is almost impossible, like how Shelly doesn't have a Pokemon named after the player in Reborn. Pokemon Trainer teams are all in one document, and making sure every possible name that a player could have would be a huge task, as there's also the matter of spaces, capital vs lowercase, etc.

It really depends on the limitations/specifications of the RPG Maker (I'm not familiar with this develloping anviremont). If RPG Maker allows the programmer to write rxdata files with any content at any location, then you don't have to consider the entire namespace. You can then rename (and possibly even assign the right gender) the pokemon name dynamically. You could everytime the player load from the main menu rewrite the right trainer file (assuming the game does not read the trainers in advance otherwhise you would have to restart the game). This however can be very tricky to do and can create devastating bugs (you could overwrite your new trainer file with an old one). Reborn shows signs of this being possible, Ame has made reborn to create muliple dynamically named savefiles, but it is not conclussive. it should also not cause any huge delays since savefiles tend to be bigger then the trainer file (I have savefiles of 0.5MB and trainerfiles of 0.6 MB combined).

• Global Mods

Reborn shows signs of this being possible, Ame has made reborn to create muliple dynamically named savefiles, but it is not conclussive. it should also not cause any huge delays since savefiles tend to be bigger then the trainer file (I have savefiles of 0.5MB and trainerfiles of 0.6 MB combined).

Ame herself has said many times that Shelly nicknaming a Pokemon after the player is impossible.