Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

8 hours ago, Ruby Red said:

Hide contents

tbh i took it as us recalling what we experienced so far to aurora, but we were playing what we were telling her etc, or she used her powers to manipulate us to tell her, as since we kinda woke up from a dream, if that makes sense

Spoiler

It certainly would explain Shiv's knowledge of us before we even met. Aurora is an interesting case, because no matter what we do at the end we can't lose affection points with her, even going against her to spare Nova results in green text. Like i said, dreams rely on memories to work, so all we experianced could be just a recap, but judging from Aurora's dialogue, at least part of it is a fabrication. Also it's a cheeky way of invalidating our choices. On another note, i doubt Scarlett is truly dead, she's an excellent antagonist, and i think she'll be back in some form.

• Veterans
15 hours ago, Magus543 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It certainly would explain Shiv's knowledge of us before we even met. Aurora is an interesting case, because no matter what we do at the end we can't lose affection points with her, even going against her to spare Nova results in green text. Like i said, dreams rely on memories to work, so all we experianced could be just a recap, but judging from Aurora's dialogue, at least part of it is a fabrication. Also it's a cheeky way of invalidating our choices. On another note, i doubt Scarlett is truly dead, she's an excellent antagonist, and i think she'll be back in some form.

Spoiler

''at least part of it is a fabrication'' Tristan lmao

5 hours ago, Ruby Red said:
  Reveal hidden contents

''at least part of it is a fabrication'' Tristan lmao

Spoiler

Interestingly, The part with Tristan is one of the few parts that isn't commented on by Aurora, so some part of it must be true.

• Veterans
11 hours ago, Magus543 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Interestingly, The part with Tristan is one of the few parts that isn't commented on by Aurora, so some part of it must be true.

Spoiler

I agree, but i don't doubt Aurora didn't have a hand in showing his ghost, or at least that random encounter with him in cellia where he just vanishes

On 4/19/2019 at 11:11 PM, Ruby Red said:
  Hide contents

I agree, but i don't doubt Aurora didn't have a hand in showing his ghost, or at least that random encounter with him in cellia where he just vanishes

Spoiler

I'm actually starting to wonder if it turns out that our real life is just really mundane and our dream journey is just really wish fulfillment, it's like that scene in Pokemon i choose you where Ash is in a world where Pokemon don't exist. 

• Veterans
On 4/21/2019 at 1:19 PM, Magus543 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm actually starting to wonder if it turns out that our real life is just really mundane and our dream journey is just really wish fulfillment, it's like that scene in Pokemon i choose you where Ash is in a world where Pokemon don't exist. 

Spoiler

honestly i'd be so disappointed if that was the case lmao

Hello. The debug script file that was posted a few times in this thread appears to have been taken offline. Might someone be able to share it with me?

EDIT: Ignore me. Apparently I just needed to register an account to be able to download it.

Edited by Sufyan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Izetarion said:

Kinda new here, but is there an update progress page I can reference to know when the next chapter of Desolation comes out like for Reborn and Rejuvenation? 

nope, the game has been in dev hell for quite some time with no known date on when or even IF its getting continued................. lack of word from the creator hasnt helped the case any either

Does anyone know how to evolve Cubone into an Alolan Marowak?

EDIT: it's over 28 lvl already, and I tried using a rare candy on it at 8.30 pm, 9.30 pm, and 3.30 am, and it always turns kantonian. Do I need to be in a specific location or it's just not implemented in the game yet?

6 hours ago, Ichiru said:

Does anyone know how to evolve Cubone into an Alolan Marowak?

EDIT: it's over 28 lvl already, and I tried using a rare candy on it at 8.30 pm, 9.30 pm, and 3.30 am, and it always turns kantonian. Do I need to be in a specific location or it's just not implemented in the game yet?

No gen 7 Pokemon in Desolation 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so, I'm loving this game, the story is amazing, and I love the tweaks you've made that make everything different.  One thing though, (maybe a few)

1. I'm currently trying to beat the third gym leader Tristan, my lvl. 50 Torkoal has Rock Smash from the TM.  So I use him mainly against the Overpowered Tilia, occasionally Tristan decides to switch out his Tilia for Elegance without using volt switch.  When my Torkoal uses Rock Smash during that same turn, it will sometimes say:

"...but there was no target..." This isn't just in this battle either, it's in I believe any battle I do.  So if you could check that out please, that would be great.  Edit: I'm just editing this 6 minutes after I post it, and I just started to go train my team a little more to see if that helps, (since that's all I can do) and I go to the Pokemaniac Lazlo next to the Addenfall Pokemon Center and initiate a battle, on the second turn (with my Torkoal out front) I use Rock Smash on the first Audino again, and it says

"...but there was no target..." So I think it can happen anytime, please check out this glitch, it's mildly annoying to see that there's very obviously a pokemon out on the opposing team that's to be targeted-and manny times be at pivotal points in a battle where a super-effective move could decide it all-and watch my Torkoal's only chance at attacking go down the gutter by a glitch or something.  It's a little bit stupid.

2. I have 5 lvl. 50's: Growlithe, Sudowudo, Torkoal, Pansage, Electabuzz, and a lvl. 55: Swampert, and I still have an extremely harder time than I have with most other battles, including his other Pokemon.  Quick note, this is not me complaining about my pokemon not listening to me, I trained them fully knowing the risks, that aspect's fine, it's Tristans pokemon that at least against my team are OP.

If anybody even has tips for me on how to beat this guy, or if the ignoring/loafing around/turning away and other things that come from going even 1 lvl. over badge control limits gets lowered, please tell me!

(I really do love the game though, and if my team needs to be, like, lvl. 80 to beat this dude, I might just do it.)

Edited by Ninja491
Small correction to my previous statement where I left something out due to not knowing for sure if it was part of it.

34 minutes ago, Ninja491 said:

OK, so, I'm loving this game, the story is amazing, and I love the tweaks you've made that make everything different.  One thing though, (maybe a few)

1. I'm currently trying to beat the third gym leader Tristan, my lvl. 50 Torkoal has Rock Smash from the TM.  So I use him mainly against the Overpowered Tilia, occasionally Tristan decides to switch out his Tilia for Elegance without using volt switch.  When my Torkoal uses Rock Smash during that same turn, it will sometimes say:

"...but there was no target..." This isn't just in this battle either, it's in I believe any battle I do.  So if you could check that out please, that would be great.  Edit: I'm just editing this 6 minutes after I post it, and I just started to go train my team a little more to see if that helps, (since that's all I can do) and I go to the Pokemaniac Lazlo next to the Addenfall Pokemon Center and initiate a battle, on the second turn (with my Torkoal out front) I use Rock Smash on the first Audino again, and it says

"...but there was no target..." So I think it can happen anytime, please check out this glitch, it's mildly annoying to see that there's very obviously a pokemon out on the opposing team that's to be targeted-and manny times be at pivotal points in a battle where a super-effective move could decide it all-and watch my Torkoal's only chance at attacking go down the gutter by a glitch or something.  It's a little bit stupid.

2. I have 5 lvl. 50's: Growlithe, Sudowudo, Torkoal, Pansage, Electabuzz, and a lvl. 55: Swampert, and I still have an extremely harder time than I have with most other battles, including his other Pokemon.  Quick note, this is not me complaining about my pokemon not listening to me, I trained them fully knowing the risks, that aspect's fine, it's Tristans pokemon that at least against my team are OP.

If anybody even has tips for me on how to beat this guy, or if the ignoring/loafing around/turning away and other things that come from going even 1 lvl. over badge control limits gets lowered, please tell me!

(I really do love the game though, and if my team needs to be, like, lvl. 80 to beat this dude, I might just do it.)

its not as bad as u may think, im done with the game.................. at least until caz desides to return and update it and my team is an average of lvl 57 (gengar, krookodile, gardevoir, feraligatr sharpedo and magneton)

2 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

its not as bad as u may think, im done with the game.................. at least until caz desides to return and update it and my team is an average of lvl 57 (gengar, krookodile, gardevoir, feraligatr sharpedo and magneton)

Yeah I know, it really is just probably me.  Besides, I don't think it's that bad, I did get a little carried away though.

Also, I'd the game not fully finished, I'd it part of a series of games, and that's why there's only a handful of gyms?  (I assume)

Edited by Ninja491

3 hours ago, Ninja491 said:

An Arcanine with Flare Blitz will do tons of damage due to the Grassy Field. I used that to oneshot three or so of his Pokémon, including Mega Lopunny.

The snowy forest area has a Froslass somewhere that might be helpful against Tristan's Staraptor; Froslass are generally pretty fast and I think it already knows Blizzard on capture. Aggron is another great Pokémon to have due to Sturdy and its numerous resists.

The snowy mountain area also has a house with a Trapinch in it - I'm actually not sure if it can already be entered at that point, but Flygon is a strong Pokémon with a great movepool.

12 hours ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

An Arcanine with Flare Blitz will do tons of damage due to the Grassy Field. I used that to oneshot three or so of his Pokémon, including Mega Lopunny.

The snowy forest area has a Froslass somewhere that might be helpful against Tristan's Staraptor; Froslass are generally pretty fast and I think it already knows Blizzard on capture. Aggron is another great Pokémon to have due to Sturdy and its numerous resists.

The snowy mountain area also has a house with a Trapinch in it - I'm actually not sure if it can already be entered at that point, but Flygon is a strong Pokémon with a great movepool.

That's really helpful, thank you!

One more thing, then I swear I'll be fine for a while on commenting like this.  (I hope) Where do I get a Fire Stone?  I think Ive heard about getting all of the evolution stones somewhere, (they're all available there) but I don't know if this is true and where it would be in or out of the game.

3 hours ago, Ninja491 said:

One more thing, then I swear I'll be fine for a while on commenting like this.  (I hope) Where do I get a Fire Stone?  I think Ive heard about getting all of the evolution stones somewhere, (they're all available there) but I don't know if this is true and where it would be in or out of the game.

think it's obtainable through the Jinx Lab/Guild thing for credits. Not 100% sure though.

16 hours ago, Ninja491 said:

Yeah I know, it really is just probably me.  Besides, I don't think it's that bad, I did get a little carried away though.

Also, I'd the game not fully finished, I'd it part of a series of games, and that's why there's only a handful of gyms?  (I assume)

yes the game isnt finished, and no i dont believe its part of a series