Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Oh boy, so many fangames now.. my computer is full of these folders lol.

Definitely gonna try this out :]

Same here... I am dowloading now :)

Edit: I've just obtained the starter and, so far, the game looks interesting! Good job!

Edited by Cyaloom

This does look really good and I'll play it at some point.

Connor is a recoloured Fern though- did Ame give you permission to use the graphics or not? If she did then there is no problem but you should ask her if you haven't.

• Developers

I'm aware of the Fern remake obviously, it's fine as long as credit is given. Besides, I'll get round to redoing it when I'm better at spriting. At the moment It's the point I can't deliver as strongly in. This obviously means one of my biggest jumps in Ep 2 will be improving in sprite and pixel art ^_^

Edited by Chivalry
  • Upvote 1

Good to know about the Connor sprite. I have no problem with recolours as not every (including myself) is an expert pixel artist. Given that Ame is fine with it- everything is good!

Will play it when I finish with Rejuvenation.

Just finished it. Man, that was good. A very different experience compared to Reborn/Rejuvenation. I like how you were given a choice of what mon to receive from Connor depending on what how you feel on the matter. I ended up choosing Sandile.. which may be something I regret or not as I got my butt handed to me many times by the Machop trainers as well as nearly swept by that sole Sunflora.. ;-; Also, the fight against Connor was nice, easy for me since I chose Froakie and had a Bibarel haha.

Other than that, can't wait to see what this has in store. But yea, I'll edit this post to list some of the bugs I encountered, which weren't alot.

EDIT: Ok, here are some of them that I encountered. The first spoiler shows a bug in which Connor appears twice. This seemed to occur as soon as I picked up the Spice Powder near the Waterfall. As soon as I went back to heal from the Healing Machine back in the hut, Connor appeared and replayed the scence in which he burns the tree with the Vulpix in order to open the pathway to the hut. The second spoiler just has a mistake with Bibarel's shiny sprite. The last one just has it that Baby-Doll Eyes appear as Shadow type instead of being a Fairy Type move. I'm not sure if that's the case with other Fairy type moves, but yea. Anyways, if I notice anything else I'll edit this once more or make a new post. Also, to add on, not sure what the criteria is for solving the Braille Puzzle but I tried everything unless we need to use a certain move for it.

8oZfKL2.png

rymu5O6.png

Tc6WjkK.png

I didnt finish it yet, but so far its interesting.I will write so far what I think with +/- ( if I find bugs they will ofc be a - ;) )

Interesting start, it kind of is a copy of Rejuvenation( ship wreck etc.) but it has some differences and I dont mind it. (+/-)

Well the player intro (the thing in the dream) was strange but I like it! Kind of tired of the usual professor or just some other person going by the script the same as always. (+)

Figures of Terra and Madame X, both giving credits to their respective games, and some other references like mentioning their regions (+)

Strange people on the board of the ship (always a + for me)

when leaving any room in the "basement", the room's to the right has its door slightly open and then the animation closes the door. (-)

I like the idea how you get the first Pokemon by answering some questions, like in Mistery Dungeon if I remeber (+)

Boring and repetitive Pokemon on start. Well this is probably just me hating those gen 3 early game Pokemon but still. But on the other side what would be a good early Pokemon ? Its up to you ofc. (kind of - but its only because of my taste)

Some sprites can be improved, like Connors or of the villagers but as you said, you will do it later. But I dont mind the other ones so much. Still looking forward to some improvements (+/-)

A little detail but I dont like that from all the Pokemon its the Tediursa early on that has its own event. With the same( I think? ) text it reminds me too much of Reborn (-)

Interesting "call" function. As I said, I didnt play to the end yet but will the others (Rivals and Gym leaders) have it too? Still a plus for the idea. (+)

16 gyms, always a (+)

You get 5 Poke balls on start, but I think I had 7? Cant remeber correctly.

And thats all so far, I will finish the game probably tomorrow if I dont find more time today and will post more opinions.

And so far barely any bugs/ tile errors, good job :)

Edited by CrazySheriff

baby dolls eyes is shadow type? I guess fairy types aren't in game yet? also in the beginning Connor said that we should head west but west path is blocked and he went east. Sometimes when you get out of house door animation is show on other houses too.

Edited by Njab

• Global Mods

I'm near the end (I think) and it's really neat so far. I like the Terra and Madame X dolls, the starter quiz (I got Spheal :D), and the island adventure.

Three minor bugs/issues not already mentioned

-The first time you enter the jungle, you're immediately taken back to the beach when the screen flashes white.

-People call you "he" regardless of which gender you play as

-Connor's badge is in the second badge slot on the trainer card instead of the first

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

Look who's gonna do a Let's play of this! This seems very interesting. Downloading it now, and recording in like.... 20 minutes?

Edit: Recorded and I've enjoyed it so far! I decided to find out what pokemon you get in the quiz and of course I found out I could get my favorite pokemon as a starter! Totally keeping it. So far great work man! The video will be up soon.

Edited by Flamedragoon1
  • Upvote 1

• Developers

Thanks guys for the nice comments! I'll fix the bugs in the next release. As for the issue with the player sometimes still being called "he", this is just habit, as of course I'm a guy. But never fear, ill have fixed that and broken my habit by the next release :)

• Upvote 1

• Developers

Watched the play through and wow, I wasn't aware that fairy types were showing as shadow types, will definitely fix in the hot fix

Edit: shoot didn't mean to double post.

Edited by Chivalry
  • Upvote 1

Watched the play through and wow, I wasn't aware that fairy types were showing as shadow types, will definitely fix in the hot fix

Edit: shoot didn't mean to double post.

Just PM a mod and they'll delete that for ya. You can edit your previous post.

By the way, check your PMs.